When you’re in a hot and humid environment such as the sauna, it’s important to be aware of the temperature in it. This way you avoid sitting in an environment that’s too hot and that will ultimately make you feel bad. When the temperature does start to rise too much, just lower it if it’s possible, depending on the type of sauna that you own, or get out to avoid any unpleasant incidents. In the following, we will rank the best sauna thermometers available on the market at the moment. By doing this, we’re helping you make a decision fast regarding what’s the best thermometer to purchase as this is a competitive market that hosts numerous models. Not only this but knowing for sure what the best products are guarantees that, the investment you make is actually of good quality.
- 8. Northern Lights Group Sauna Thermometer
- 7. Eleoption Wooden Sauna Thermometer
- 6. Aspen Round Thermometer
- 5. Bjerg Instruments R442174
- 4. The Sauna Place Aspen
- 3. Dealhola TH63
- 2. Fischer 196TH-03F
- 1. Fischer 195-01F
- Top 5 Comparison
- Important Info that You Need to be Aware of
- Buying Guide
- Advantages of Using the Thermometer
8. Northern Lights Group Sauna Thermometer
This durable model has been constructed from western Red Cedar Wood in order to maintain quality for numerous years. In addition to this, the industrial-grade materials will resist under high temperatures and humidity levels. Also, the accurate read makes this model one of the most reliable on the market.
Compact Yet Accurate
This product measures 5.5inch tall and 5.5-inch wide. Therefore, you will find it easy to install it regardless of the type of sauna you have. Some of its design particularities are:
- Temperature – The temperature can be read in Celsius and Fahrenheit. The temperature ranges from 30-degrees to 250-degrees Fahrenheit. As well as, it also ranges from 0 to 130-degrees Celsius
- Real Glass – The display is covered by thick glass which means that the humidity will not get trapped
- Mounting – You can easily mount it regardless of the type of sauna you have as the back of the product has a designated place
Excellent Customer Service
By considering this model, you will be covered by a full money back guarantee. This means that if you’re not happy with the quality of it, the company will send you your money back with no questions asked. This shows that the company stands strong with their product. Above all, this has been crafted from excellent material which will maintain quality for numerous years.
7. Eleoption Wooden Sauna Thermometer
This 2-in-1 product is a thermometer and a hygrometer which means that it’s a must in every sauna. By considering this model you will be protected by 30-days money back guarantee. In fact, it also comes with 3-months guarantee. Therefore, if you believe that the quality is no longer the same, you will receive a full refund or an exchange.
Versatile and Practical
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that it can instantly show Celsius and Fahrenheit which means that it can be easily read by anyone. In addition to this, you can easily mount it on the wall so you can view the temperature and humidity in the sauna. Some of its particularities are:
- Temperature – The scale ranges from 80 to 280-degrees Fahrenheit or 20 to 140-degrees Celsius
- Hygrometer – The humidity scale can reach up to 100%
- Numbers – The bold and black numbers can be seen even by those with poor eyesight
Highly Visible and Accurate
What stands out about this model is the fact that it has a large lens so you can keep track of the conditions from a distance. Unlike the other models, this product has two separate sections for the humidity and the temperature. Therefore, you can easily read the numbers from a large distance. Some of its features are:
- Material – It has been engineered from 100% Finnish Pinewood which means that it’s sleek, durable, and reliable
- Fog-free – The thick glass will prevent the humidity from getting trapped
- Durable – You can place this product on the inside or the outside regardless of the environment it’s in
If you’re looking for an affordable model that is accurate and easy to read, this a model that you should consider. It has a compact design yet it has two sections so you can read it even if you have a limited eyesight. Without a doubt, you will get the most for your money due to the fact that it’s a thermometer and a hygrometer in one.
6. Aspen Round Thermometer
In case you’re looking for a practical and affordable model, this is one of the best choices. This model has been engineered to meet its purpose without the bluff. It’s round which means that it won’t take up a lot of storage space so you can place it wherever you wish. In addition to this, the numbers are large and clearly visible from far away.
Accurate and Easy-to-Understand
- Numbers – The large and thick numbers are easy to read even from a large distance
- Temperature – The temperature is presented in Fahrenheit. The temperature ranges from 40 to 280-degrees Fahrenheit
- Glass-free – Due to the fact that it doesn’t have glass on the display, you don’t have to worry about fog or glares
Excellent Customer Service
If you’re not happy with the quality of it, you will receive a full refund. The company offers 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. In addition to this, if you have any questions about calibration, you will receive full support from the customer service. Regardless, the wood construction will ensure that it maintains quality throughout the years.
5. Bjerg Instruments R442174
The R442174 model produced by Bjerg Instruments, a thermometer that exceeds expectations as it comes at a very cheap price but doesn’t sacrifice on features and quality at all. First of all, we have to praise this sauna thermometer for the fact that it has a durable construction of the case, being made with high-quality brass-colored stainless steel. Thus, not only will it pass the test of time without a problem, but it makes for a stylish addition to the sauna as well.
- Display – The 5.5-inch diameter of the dial face ensures that you will easily see the temperature and humidity levels shown by the thermometer
- Temperature – It can display temperatures ranging from -20 degrees Fahrenheit to 120 degrees Fahrenheit or from -30 degrees Celsius to 50 degrees Celsius
- Hygrometer – The humidity gauge is at the bottom of the display. The humidity levels range from 0 to 100%
Stainless Steel Construction
- Size – The model has a diameter of 8-inch which means that it’s wall-mountable
- Versatile – You can use it indoors and outdoors regardless of the temperature conditions
- Lens – The thick glass display will not fog or damage in high temperatures
Numerous Styles Available
You will find your style with ease as it comes in 5 different colors. You can choose between Brass, Antique Copper, Bronze, Copper, and Nickle Finish. Above all, you can easily calibrate it for accurate results at all times. You will find the calibration instructions included in the package at no extra price. The water-resistant design means that you will enjoy it for numerous years without losing quality.
4. The Sauna Place Aspen
The Aspen thermometer produced by The Sauna Place is another great choice to go with for all sauna owners as it displays the temperature in this space both in Celsius and Fahrenheit degrees. Therefore, no matter what unit of temperature measurement you’re accustomed to, you will easily tell how hot it is in the sauna. You can purchase in confidence as the product is backed by 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Celsius and Fahrenheit Reading
You can rely on this product to provide you with an accurate read in Celsius and Fahrenheit. This means that you don’t have to waste time figuring out. Some of its particularities are:
- Temperature Range – The temperature that it can display ranges from 30 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit or 0 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius
- Construction -Aspen wood construction of the case will ensure quality in the hot and humid conditions of this environment
- Size – The item measures 5 1/2” x 5 1/2” so it can fit in 1-person sauna
Affordable Price and High Quality
This product is cost-efficient so you can afford it even if you have a budget. The wood construction will ensure quality even if you use it extensively. Unlike the other models, this has a pale pink color which means that it will bring a modern touch to your sauna.
3. Dealhola TH63
Although the TH63 thermometer produced by Dealhola isn’t perfect as it has a +/- 2-degree Celsius temperature accuracy and a +/- 6% relative humidity accuracy, it’s as close to perfection as you need it to be. The minimalist design means that it’s suitable for any type of sauna you may have. The numbers are largely displayed and they can be easily seen from a distance. Without a doubt, this is simply one of the most affordable and reliable models that are currently on the market.
- Wall-mountable – This wall mountable sauna accessory measures 5 inches in diameter and 0.8 inches in thickness
- Display – The thermometer has a displayed temperature range from 0 degrees Celsius to 120 degrees Celsius
- Humidity – The humidity levels range from 0 to 100%
- Wrap a damp towel around the product for an hour
- When unwrapped, it should read 95% to 98%
- If this isn’t the case, use a screwdriver to calibrate it to read 95% to 98%
Stainless Steel Construction
If you’re looking for a durable model that will maintain superior quality throughout the years, this is a model that you should consider. The excellent design and strong stainless steel will ensure durability even in hot environments for numerous years.
2. Fischer 196TH-03F
Fischer Instruments makes another appearance in this top, being the company that produces the model that we consider to be the second best on the market. Probably the biggest highlight of this thermometer is the fact that it’s made with light apache timber wood that ensures the casing won’t suffer any damage as time passes due to intense use in a hot and humid environment. Additionally, this sauna accessory is backed up by the manufacturing company during the first two years since the moment you buy it.
Accurate and Reliable
Of course, like all other instruments produced by Fischer, it boasts an incomparable accuracy that makes it a dependable thermometer. The synthetic hair hygrometer and the bimetal thermometer will read the temperature and humidity. Some of its features are:
- Temperature Range – The temperature read-out that it provides ranges from 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Humidity Range – It can display the humidity level, this read-out ranging from 0 percent to 60 percent
- Fast – You will be able to have a read of the environment almost instantly and gradually as the temperature or humidity changes
Factors To Remember
- You will be covered by 2-Years warranty
- It has been made after United States standards
- The thermometer has been hand-crafted
- One of the most accurate models
By considering this model you don’t have to worry about it cracking under the heat in the sauna. The reason for this is because it has been handcrafted which means that each detail has been paid attention to. As well as, the company has been built on excellent reputation. Some of its design particularities are:
- Material – The model has been created from light Apachi Timber wood
- Frame – The frame has a diameter of 6.1”, a face diameter of 5”, and its depth is of 1”
- Weight – The thermometer weighs a mere 0.5 lbs
The reason why this product is one of our favorites is that it has been made to last. It has been made with every single small attention paid to which means that it will meet your high standards with ease. As well as, the material that it has been made of is resistant to pressure and heat which means that it won’t get damaged even if you use the sauna consistently. If you experience problems with it, customer service will always be available to deal with any concerns or questions you may have.
1. Fischer 195-01F
This high-end sauna thermometer that comes from the renowned Fisher Instruments company is by far the most exceptional product on the market at the moment as it’s extremely accurate and it boasts a durable stainless steel construction that ensures it will give perfect temperature readings even after years of use. Also, the 2-year warranty that backs it up shows that the manufacturer trusts the product and its performance.
Smart and Practical
What makes it such a popular option for sauna owners is the fact that it even shows the humidity level in it, the humidity that it displays ranging from 0 percent to 60 percent. Some of its features are:
- Temperature – It can display temperatures that range from 90 degrees Fahrenheit to 250 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wall Mountable – It’s a wall mounted model, so its presence in the sauna surely won’t inconvenience you in any way
- Versatile – You will enjoy the fact that it’s suitable for any type of sauna as it’s a thermo-hygrometer
Factors To Consider
- This model has been hand-crafted which means that it’s made with thorough attention to details
- It’s lightweight and portable as it only weighs 0.8 pounds
- Due to the fact that it’s for US customers, the numbers are shown only in Fahrenheit
Durable and Resistant
Due to the fact that it has a solid design, you will be able to rely on it for as long as you wish. In addition to this, you will enjoy the fact that you will never have to deal with rust and inaccurate readings as high humidity cannot damage its functionality. Some of its particularities are:
- Case – This has been made from reliable stainless steel so it doesn’t lose quality
- Diameter – You will enjoy the fact that you will find it easy to read the information as it measures 6.3” in diameter
- Thickness – It’s 0.98” thick so it has the ability to blend in with whatever sauna you have so it doesn’t bring unnecessary attention
The reason why this product is so popular is that you will be provided with an accurate read for numerous years. In addition to this, it’s very convenient to have as it can blend with whatever sauna you have. Due to the fact that it has an affordable price, you can purchase as many as you find fit without worrying that you will go broke. What’s worthy to mention is that all of the information will be provided in US measurement which means that you can use it straight out of the box.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Fischer 195-01F||2. Fischer 196TH-03F||3. Dealhola TH63||4. The Sauna Place Aspen||5. Bjerg Instruments R442174|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|90°F to 250°F||90°F to 250°F||0°C to 120°C||30°F to 250°F||20°F to 120°F|
|0% to 60%||0% to 60%||0% to 100%||N/A||0% to 100%|
Frame Diameter (inch)
|6.3 x 0.98||6 x 1||5 x 0.8||5.5 x 5.5||8 x 5|
|Stainless steel case||Apachi timber wood||Stainless steel case||Aspen wood||Stainless steel case|
|0.8 pounds||0.5 pounds||4.5 ounces||2 pounds||14.4 ounces|
|2-Years||2-Years||Satisfaction Guarantee||Satisfaction Guarantee||Satisfaction Guarantee|
Important Info that You Need to be Aware of
When you’re in the sauna, it’s important to feel relax and comfortable as this is your moment to unwind after a stressful, long day. But this sensation of comfort and relaxation can easily turn into a nightmarish experience if it gets too hot in the sauna while you’re dozing off and you wake up feeling numbed and bad. For those who have cardiovascular problems or other types of medical issues, it’s all the more important to keep an eye on the temperature in the sauna as it may cause severe problems.
This is where the sauna thermometer comes to the sauna goers help as it allows a constant monitoring of the entire experience, displaying the temperature so that the people inside are aware of the environmental conditions at all times. What’s even more important is the fact that high-end models even allow people to see the humidity levels inside the steam room, thus further preventing any unpleasant and unwanted situations from occurring.
The thermometers specially designed for saunas work on the same principles as normal thermometers, the only difference in the materials that they’re made from, more precisely the construction of sauna models is made to withstand high temperatures and high humidity levels. Therefore, don’t even think about using a normal thermometer inside that hot and small room as you may have the surprise that it will break under the pressure of the temperature and humidity conditions inside of it.
There are a lot of different sauna thermometers on the market, all of their having their strong points and downsides. Although this sauna accessory isn’t one of the most expensive investments out there, it’s still best to make sure that you’re investing in a quality model. Otherwise, you risk purchasing a thermometer that doesn’t display the correct temperature or that is rendered useless after only a few months due to being made with poor quality materials. If you want to know what you must look for when you go shopping for this important sauna accessory, read this section of the article.
Water and Heat Resistance
Display of Humidity Levels
First and foremost, you have to make sure that the construction of the thermometer ensures that it’s completely heat and water resistant. Otherwise, it will be damaged after a few sauna sessions for sure as the water and the heat in the atmosphere will render it completely useless. This is an uncommon issue for thermometers that are specially designed to be used in saunas as they are all watertight and they are made with the highest quality materials that are able to withstand high temperatures. Nonetheless, pay attention to this aspect to not end up with an unpleasant surprise.
When you’re in the sauna, you have to be aware of the temperature at all times because, as we have already mentioned, your health will be in great danger if it gets too hot. To know the precise temperature inside, you need a thermometer that displays a generous temperature range. We recommend that you buy one that reaches around 250 degrees Fahrenheit when it comes to the maximum temperature that it can display, such as the Fischer 195-01F model.
As we have already said, the humidity level inside the sauna is just as important as the temperature. Of course, this applies only to steam saunas, dry saunas not having the humidity levels rise when they are used. If you have a steam home sauna, make sure that the thermometer you invest in is able to display humidity levels, as well as your health, can be affected just as easily by high humidity.
You won’t like squinting your eyes or having to sit up every time you want to check the temperature or humidity inside the sauna, that’s for sure. This is the reason why it’s important to invest in a model that has a large exposed gauge needle that points to the temperature or the humidity. Also, the numbers that represent the percentage of the relative humidity and the degrees inside the sauna must be large enough for you to clearly see them while sitting down.
Advantages of Using the Thermometer
Although a sauna thermometer isn’t one of the biggest expenses out there, some people are still not inclined to invest in such a sauna accessory as they believe it’s useless. But this opinion is as wrong as it gets, the thermometer playing an important role in ensuring a safe and comfortable experience while using the sauna. To better understand the importance of having this accessory in your sauna, check out the following lines.
Increased Safety when Using the Sauna
By far, the most important advantage provided by having a thermometer in the sauna is the fact that it allows you to keep track of the temperature inside it in order to stay out of harm’s way. This is valid for those who have cardiovascular problems as well as for those who are healthy because an environment that’s too hot inevitably makes you feel like you’re suffocating, causing dehydration to occur. Also, in extreme cases where the user isn’t paying attention or tries to surpass his or her limits, burns might appear due to the exaggerated temperature. Therefore, it’s best to have a thermometer around that shows exactly how hot it is in order to stay out of harm’s way completely.
A More Comfortable Experience
Feeling comfortable and relaxed is probably the main reason why you have invested in a home sauna. Therefore, the last thing you want to experience is feeling like you’re on the sun, that you can’t breathe, and that you’re literally melting. With the help of the thermometer, you won’t experience these problems anymore as you will be able to keep an eye on the exact temperature inside the sauna, thus lowering the temperature or getting out when it gets unbearably or dangerously hot.
Complete Awareness of the Conditions Inside the Sauna
No matter where you are or in what situation you’re in, it’s important to be completely aware of your surroundings and the environmental conditions. In the sauna, there’s not much to worry about when it comes to the surroundings as you’re simply surrounded by its walls and the benches. On the other hand, it’s vital to be aware of the temperature and humidity levels inside of the sauna as they weigh heavy on the pleasantness of the whole experience and on its safety as well.
Easy to Use
What we can say for sure is that the thermometer that you install in the sauna, just like most other types of thermometers out there, is incredibly easy to use. All that you have to do is to mount it or place it on a bench, depending on the type of thermometer you buy, and visually check where the indicator is pointing when you want to know how the environmental conditions inside the sauna are. It’s one of the most straightforward and easy to use products out there, so you won’t stumble upon any issues from this point of view.