Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
I n order to get rid of impurities, germs, and micro-organisms that cause bad odors and make the air feel moldy and simply unbreathable, you must invest in a large room air purifier, like the Winix FresHome P450. This particular model features a 3-phase purification system that makes it thorough in the removal of dust, as well as allergens that include pollen, pet hair, and all other particles that are at fault for triggering allergic reactions.
In the first stage, the disposable carbon media captures all the large-size contaminants encountered, including hair and dust. The second stage involves the air transiting the HEPA filtration media that can capture dust mites, pollen, and pet dander. Lastly, the PlasmaWave function causes molecular-level destruction of impurities and contaminants through the use of hydroxyls. The CADR evaluation of this product is as follows: 343 for pollen, 291 for smoke, and 298 for dust. Note that the space coverage it provides is 450 square feet, so optimal performance is provided in rooms that are no larger than the aforementioned measurement.
- It can remove 99.97% of allergens, irritants, and other harmful impurities and microorganisms that are invisible to the naked eye but can trigger an allergy reaction in just a matter of seconds.
- The PlasmaWave function is capable of creating and mixing positive and negative charge ions with vapor to result in the formation of hydroxyls. This way, the airborne particles are broken down at a molecular level to ensure that you live in a healthy and safe environment, which is free of impurities.
- The carbon pre-filter rids the air of bad odors and captures large particles, including pet hair, so you’ll manage to keep your home odor-free by simply using it. For this specific issue, you can check out other specialty air purifiers for odor removal.
- The Quiet mode is useful as it can help you keep it on a minimum so that you have a good night’s rest. You won’t even hear it during nighttime. What this does is adjust the fan speed to run while making as little noise as possible so that you sleep better at night.
- The automatic mode employs a sensor that adapts the fan speed according to current air quality conditions.
- It comes with a sleep mode that dims the light and turns off the fan, but this will only take place when the device senses less light in the room.
It measures 18.9″ wide by 25.6″ high by 11.8″ deep, placing it among the largest air cleaners available on the market. Although it’s very tall and wide, it has an attractive design that goes well with a modern, stylish decor. Despite the large size, it doesn’t weight much, standing at only 18.7 pounds. As it also features a handle, it is effortless to move it from room to room as needed.
Warranty and Support
Regarding warranty and customer support, things go as expected. The Winix company is renowned for providing good customer service, and this is obvious from the moment you enter on their official page. There, you can browse through the FAQs and find plenty of useful information and quality customer support. When it comes to actual backing against defects, you can benefit from it for 3 years after the purchase.
Winix is among the top manufacturers of air filtration systems, so it comes as no surprise that the P450 is a reliable option for those who seek to clear the air indoors of potential contaminants and thus protect their health. We are trusting in its capacity not only owing to the positive feedback from customers, but because it boasts high ratings on all fronts when it comes to clean air delivery – 291 for smoke, 298 for dust, and 343 for pollen. Few other models are rated so well, which implies its efficiency beats that of most competitors.
There is the fact that, unlike other options in its price range, it can actually cover quite an extensive area, delivering optimal performance even in spaces of up to 450 square feet. It uses carbon and HEPA filtration, reaching an efficiency rate of up to 99.97% when it comes to air pollution reduction. Moreover, seeing how it is quite silent, producing only 27 decibels on its lowest speed setting, it can even be used as a nursery air purifier as it won’t wake the baby up during nap time.