If you’re a smoker yourself, you may already know the inconvenience of smoking outside because you want the indoor air in your home clean. There’s no hiding the fact that second-hand smoking is just as dangerous as first-hand. If you have children, it’s best that you stay away from smoking indoors if you don’t have a purifier that is capable of capturing smoke. It’s important to understand that not all purifiers are efficient enough to get rid of the tobacco smell and smoke. Thus, you should avoid cheap and knock-off models. If you’re interested in a high-quality unit, you should take a look at this informative guide.
10. Winix 5300-2
The new model from Winix is one of the best purifiers that will completely get rid of the smoke particles. In fact, it has been designed to remove 99.97% of airborne pollutants. This includes pollen, dust mites, and allergens that are as small as 0.3 microns. Furthermore, the contaminated air will be purified in 3 stages which will ensure that all of the pollutants are removed. Also, it can remove mold and fungi so it eliminates the possibility of mold to spread in your home.
Smart Sensors Integrated
The purifier will consistently monitor how polluted the air is in your home. The bright LED light will let you know about the pollution in your home real-time so you’ll always be aware. Some of its features are:
- Auto Mode – When the purifier senses that pollution in the air is high, it will automatically change the speed to quickly clean the air
- Sleep Mode – When the purifier senses low movement or ambient light in the room, it will automatically adjust the speed, dim the lights, and lower the noise it produces
- Safe – This purifier is CUL listed, AHAM, CARB, and Energy Star certified
- Capacity – 360 sq. ft.
- CFM – Sleep / Low / Med / High / Turbo: 35.31 / 70.63 / 91.82 / 123.60 / 240.14
- Dimension – 14 3/4” (W) x 23 1/4” (H) x 1/2” (D)
3 Stage Purification
In case you live in a state that is prone to wildfire smoke, this is an excellent model for your needs. In addition to this, if you smoke cigarettes indoors, you will be positively surprised at how fast it can eliminate and neutralize smells. The reason for this is because it has been designed with filters such as:
- Advanced Odor Control Carbon Filter – This filter will remove household odors from cooking, pets, and smoke
- True HEPA – This will capture 99.97% of all contaminants regardless of how polluted the air is
- PlasmWave Technology – This will work at the molecular level to break allergen without emitting Ozone or other byproducts
Numerous customers have placed this purifier in the bedroom or nursery room as it produces minimal noise. In fact, it will produce less noise than a whisper conversation so you won’t be distracted when it’s operating at night. Furthermore, you are required to change the filters every year but they cost less than $30 so you won’t make considerable investments.
9. LEVOIT LV-H132
This purifier has been made in California after US standards. Hence, the company has guaranteed that this is a 100% Ozone-free product. The 3-stage filtration will make the air to travel through the pre-filter, the True HEPA filter, and through the Activated Carbon filter. All of these will work in perfect harmony to capture up to 99.97% of all airborne contaminants such as pet dander, pollution, smoke, and dust. In fact, anything that measures as small as 0.3 microns, the purifier will be able to capture it.
Circulates The Air 4 Times Per Hour
In order to ensure superior efficiency, the unit will clean the air 4 times per hour. So, if you’re smoking inside the home or if there’s wildfire nearby, the purifier will ensure that it neutralizes and eliminates all kind of smoke. Some of its design particularities are:
- Noise – On the lowest speed, it can create a noise level of 25 decibels. So, you will barely hear it at night time or during the day
- Speeds – The 3 adjustable speeds will allow you to control the purifier however you need it to
- Timer – You can set the unit to operate 2, 4, or 8 hours in advance
- Night Light – You can choose between warm ambiance or to turn off the light
- Indicator Light – Whenever the filter needs to be replaced, the LED light will let you know
- Capacity – The unit can cover a room up to 129 sq. ft.
CARB-certified, FCC-certified, ETL-listed
In order to prove its efficiency, this model has been independently tested. Hence, it has received numerous certifications for its capabilities to not only neutralize smoke but to also completely eliminate it. In fact, it can also get rid of common household smells. So, if you have a pet, this model is also suitable for your needs. Furthermore, if you’re looking for your first ever purifier, you can purchase this unit in confidence as it comes with 2-years limited warranty period. Thus, if you’re not happy with it, you can send it back and receive a full refund.
8. Enther Air Purifier AP1C
This intelligent appliance has been designed in order to improve your living conditions. This purifier will cover an area of 376 sq. ft. which means that it’s suitable for your living room, bedroom, and office. In addition to this, the smart integrated features will get rid of any odors and smells that are putting your health at risk. If you suffer from respiratory problems or a low immune system, this purifier is a great choice for your needs. The 2-years warranty period will protect you from repair costs.
The unit has been crafted with a Pre-filter, True HEPA, and Activated Carbon. Therefore, the air will pass through 3 stages so you can breathe fresh and clean air. Furthermore, it has been noted that it can remove 99.97% of airborne contaminants such as pollen, smoke, dust, and pet dander. Some of its features are:
- Speed – You can choose from low, medium, and high in order to accommodate your needs with ease
- Timer – The appliance can be set for 1, 4, or 8 hours. When the timer finishes, it will automatically turn off
- Sleep Mode – When the night comes, you can set the purifier on sleep mode so it will automatically turn itself on the lowest setting to produce minimal noise
Important Features To Consider
- Night Light – You can turn on and off the light
- CADR – The CADR rating is of 120 CFM
- Noise – The purifier will operate on a noise rating of <56 dB
Air Quality Monitor
The purifier will let you know the quality of the indoor air automatically. The light band on top of the appliance will change according to how clean the air is. Additionally, it will also automatically adjust the speed according to the air quality. Some of its particularities are:
- Aroma Box – On top of the unit, you will find the aroma box that will diffuse fragrance while purifying the air
- Ozone-free – You can use the purifier throughout the day and night as it won’t produce ozone
- Maintenance – The filter has to be replaced every 6 months
This purifier will remove large particles such as pet dander and also remove small airborne contaminants such as bacteria and viruses. As well as, it will also eliminate various odors and smoke such as wildfire smoke. If you suffer from allergies this unit is also suitable for your needs as it can remove pollen, mold spores, and dust.
7. VEVA 8000 Elite Pro Series
This is another highly capable model that comes at an affordable price. By using the HEPA filter, this unit is capable of removing up to 99.97% of contaminants such as dust and allergens that measure .3 microns. This includes pet dander, mold spores, tobacco smoke, and wildfire smoke. In fact, it can also remove bacteria, and PM 2.5 particles. If you suffer from allergies or asthma and the environment around you is making your allergy reactions worse, you should consider this model.
Complete Removal of Smoke
The reason why this purifier is so sought after is due to the fact that it has been engineered with a superior quality 4 Activated Carbon pre-filters. Thus, it can remove odors from:
The activated nano-technology will provide sanitized and clean air to areas that measure up to 325 sq. ft. Even though it includes more filters than the other models, VEVA 800 comes with the most affordable HEPA filters. Thus, you don’t have to spend a considerable amount of money every 6 to 12 months, according to how often you use it.
Versatile and Sleek
The unit has an innovative design that will allow you to use it as a tower in your home or office or a table-top purifier. Thus, you can place it on furniture and it will take minimal space. The unit measures 9” x 8” x 23” but it’s highly capable. Above all, this model is 100% ozone-free. Therefore, it doesn’t produce a measurable amount of ozone which is harmful to our health. Some of its features are:
- Speeds – The unit has been crafted with 3 speeds which you can choose from according to how polluted the room is
- Automatic shut-off – You can set the purifier to work throughout the night as it will automatically shut-off whenever the timer has run out
- Energy-efficient – It can run throughout the day and night due to the fact that you won’t see any considerable increases in your electricity bill
Safe and Practical
Whenever you choose the lowest speed setting, you will notice that it doesn’t produce distracting noises. Thus, you can place it in the nursery room. As well as, this model is ETL certified for safety so you can allow it to operate even when you’re not at home. Additionally, it has been individually tested by the Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories and has met and exceeded expectations. Hence, it’s also UL awarded.
6. LEVOIT LV-PUR131
This filter has been crafted with 3-stage filtration that includes a Pre-filter, True HEPA, and Activated Carbon. This means that it will get rid of up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns and large pollution particles of PM 2.5. It has a smart auto mode that will monitor the air quality so once it detects smoke in the air, it will automatically turn itself on. Therefore, you don’t have to constantly change the speeds according to your needs. Also, this product is suitable for rooms of up to 322 sq. ft. thus, you can use it for living rooms and offices.
Innovative and Smart Features
- Auto Mode – This smart feature will indicate how polluted the air is around you. If the pollution reaches a high level, the unit will automatically adjust its speed
- Ozone-free – This model is 100% ozone-free which means that it will not produce the harmful pollutant to eliminate the contaminants
- Energy Star Certified – You can enjoy this model throughout the day and night as it won’t increase your energy bill
Smoke and Odor-free
- Fine Preliminary Filter – This is the first filter that the contaminated air will face. This filter will get rid of mold, fungi, bacteria, and tobacco smoke
- True HEPA filter – The award-winning HEPA filter is capable of eliminating dust mites, pollen, and wildfire smoke
- Activated Carbon Filter – This will remove the odors that are lingering in the air including cooking smells or smoke particles that haven’t been captured by the first 2 filters
Safe and Efficient
In 2018, this product has been Energy Star Rated which means that it has an energy-efficient operation. It’s also ETL, CARB, and CE-approved which means that it has been constructed from safe materials that are not harmful to humans or pets The 3-fan speeds will allow you to use it in bedrooms as you can make it function on a whisper-quiet mode so you won’t be distracted by the noises it produces. It also has an automatic shut-off and once the timer runs out, it will automatically shut itself off.
5. GermGuardian AC4825
This is one of the best sellers for many reasons. The first being that it’s one of the most efficient. The 3-level filtration system will capture 99% of dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns. This includes dust, pet dander, and smoke. The unit is so efficient that it can even control mold spores. If you care about your home, it’s a good idea to consider this product. We recommend that you change the filter every 8 months in order to maintain the same quality throughout the years. You will be thoroughly pleased to know that the unit is lightweight and portable.
The purifier comes with UV-C light technology that has been created from titanium dioxide so it will kill bacteria, viruses, and germs. Of course, if you want to keep its efficiency you will have to change the bulb. Don’t worry, the indicator light will let you know when the time has arrived. Some of its particularities are:
- CADR Rating – The CADR rating is of 100+ and it can clean rooms that are small to medium-sized
- HEPA Filter – This filter will ensure that it removes pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and dust mites
- Odor Removal – In case you have pets or you’re cooking frequently, this unit is a must have as it removes household smells
Important Features To Consider
- It has an energy-efficient operation so your bill will remain constant
- It’s suitable for rooms that are up to 167 sq. ft.
- You will need to replace the filter every 6 to 8 months
- It has a sleek design and modern design
Convenient and Practical
This model is AHAM Verified which is an independently tested and consumer trusted. Due to the fact that the tests have been achieved by a professional laboratory, it shows that you can purchase this product in confidence. Its filters are:
- HEPA Filter – This filter is capable of removing small particles that are damaging to our health. All of these contaminants can be found in every single home
- Charcoal Filter – This filter will remove odors that are making your clothes and the surrounding smell bad. The filter has the capacity to remove odors from pets, smoking, and cooking
- UV-C light – This filter has been designed with Titanium Dioxide which means that it will remove bacteria, viruses, and germs
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it has been made in order to last for numerous years. All of the filters and smart technology work together in order to make your life much easier. By considering this model, you will be able to enjoy a purifier that blends in with your décor and doesn’t bring unnecessary attention. As well as, it has an energy-efficient operation which means that you can have it on for the whole day.
4. Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K
This model is efficient enough to clean rooms that are up to 500 sq. ft. In fact, it filters air up to 4.8 times per hour. If you put it in sleep mode, the model will automatically change settings and it will enter the Whispure quiet mode. If you’re looking for a product that does the most for its price, you should know that this item comes with 5-Years warranty. Therefore, if you believe that it lost its efficiency, you can get in contact with the customer support team.
The True HEPA filter will capture up to 99% of airborne particles such as allergen, pollen, dust, smoke and pet dander. You can position it wherever you want in the room and the whole area will be thoroughly cleaned. The process includes:
- Pre-filter – This has the capability to trap the large particles such as hair, pollen, and large dust particles. It also prolongs the life of the HEPA filter
- Carbon Filter – This filter will ensure that it absorbs and removes odors from cooking, pets, cleaning products, and mold spores
- True HEPA Filter – This filter is capable of capturing particles that measure up to 0.3 microns. This includes bacteria, fine dust, and allergens that are causing your breathing issues
Design and Specifications
When the timer runs out, you will enjoy the fact that the unit will automatically turn off. Therefore, it ensures energy-efficient operation. In addition to this, it has 4 fan speeds which means that you can make it function according to your needs. Furthermore, on the highest speed, it makes a noise level of 44 dB which means that it’s whisper quiet. Also, it measures 20.4” x 10” x 24.13” which means that it’s compact enough to be placed wherever you wish. It also weighs 22.6 lbs. which means that it’s lightweight and portable.
The unit has been designed with 4-speed levels so it’s very convenient for the times when you want to sleep or you want it to clean fast. In addition to this, its operation is whisper-quiet which means that you can leave it functioning for the whole day. Some of its particularities are:
- Timer – You can set the timer for up to 8 hours. Choose from 2, 4, 6, and 8 hours
- Filter Indicator – This indicator will let you know when the time has arrived in order for you to change the filter
- CADR Rating – This model has a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 315 which means that it will clean the air fast
This model is efficient enough to remove a large variety of contaminants that are triggering your allergies. In addition to this, it has a whisper-quiet operation which means that you can keep it functioning at night time in the baby’s room. The noise it makes won’t be disturbing to pets or children. As well as, it comes with a lot of safety certificates which prove that this is one of the safest and most efficient product on the market. The long warranty period means that you will be protected against any damages and concerns.
3. Honeywell True HEPA HPA300
This purifier is able to capture up to 99% of airborne particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. The activated carbon pre-filter will absorb VOCs, gasses, and odors and it’s also able to capture large particles such as bacteria and viruses. In order to maintain maximum efficiency, you will need to replace the pre-filter every 3 months. It measures 20”x10”x22” and it weighs around 21 pounds.
The greatest thing about it is that it will let you know when to do that and it doesn’t require any tools. If you have a large area that requires clean air, you should consider this model. This is because it’s able to handle a room that is up to 465 sq. ft. The CADR rating is of 300+ which means that it’s more efficient than many other models that are currently on the market. Some of its particularities are:
- HEPA filter can capture particles that are as small as 0.3 microns
- The unit is also capable of removing allergens such as pollen, mold spores, and tobacco smoke
- It’s suitable for those with pets as it can remove pet fur, dust, and lint
The unit is capable of making up to 5 air changes an hour. This means that it pushes all of the air in the room through the filters once every 12 minutes. Therefore, if you’re suffering from allergies severely, this model can help you with it. It can also:
- The 3-speeds will allow you to adjust the airflow according to your own specific needs
- The built-in timer will ensure that you can set it to function every 2, 4, or 8 hours
- The controls are very easy to understand as they only require a one-touch operation
The mechanical filtration process means that the unit is pulling the particle-filled air into the purifying unit, then it forces it into the HEPA filter. The automatic process will allow the most efficient air cleaning and purifying process. It can circulate the air up to five times per hour. Any microbe that measures .3 microns will be absorbed into the unit. Therefore, it provides 100% efficiency. Additionally, due to the fact that it has 3 filters, it can be used in a variety of environments to keep you protected at all times.
2. Winix 5300
This model has a 4-stage filtration system. It has permanent pre-filter that can remove hair, dust and pet dander. If you vacuum it once a week, it will last for many years to come. You can choose between two colors; white and black. Therefore, it will fit in any décor you may have. This is one of the smartest models on the market. For example, when you turn off the lights, the unit will automatically adjust the fan to the quietest setting and the lights on the control panel will dim. Furthermore, the unit has been designed with an indicator light that will let you know when to replace the filter. Finally, you will be thoroughly pleased to know that the highest speed uses 128-watts.
This product has been designed with PlasmaWave 5300 technology which combines superior filtration mechanism to capture airbone particles from the air. The air actually goes through 3-stages of filtration before you will be able to inhale it. This means that it will eliminate as many chemicals as possible. This includes anything from:
- Pet dander
The smart technology breaks apart allergen, chemical vapors, odors, and another pollutant to ensure that the discharged air is clean, pure, and fresh. In addition to this, various airborne pollutants are broken apart at a molecule level to produce harmless byproducts.
The activated carbon filter will eliminate odors and smoke from stuffy rooms and environments. In addition to this, when you set it into the auto mode, it will automatically adjust the fan speed so the air quality improves. This unit has been designed with:
- Carbon Pre-filter – This odor control pre-filter works to capture large contaminants like hair and dust. As well as unpleasant smells
- TrueHEPA filter – This filter is one of the most powerful on the market. As it’s able to remove even the smallest pollutants from the air
- PlasmaWave – This generates both positive and negative ions in order to create plasma clusters that instantly neutralize viruses, bacteria, and chemical vapors
Even though it’s described to be bulky, it’s still very efficient. The control panel gives very easy access to the device’s air quality indicator, which detects pollutant levels in a room and adjust its speed accordingly. This feature works extremely well for large rooms. In addition to this, the unit is extremely energy efficient and it’s Energy Star rated. The device draws 60 watts and when it’s on the lowest setting, it only draws a maximum of 10. This means that you can leave it functioning for the whole day as it won’t affect your energy bill.
1. Honeywell 50250-S
This model is recommended for those with fairly large areas available. This unit alone can cover a room that is up to 390 sq. ft. Whilst it can’t clean the air for the entire home, your living room or bedroom will be cleaned very fast and efficiently. It’s built to last and the price of it accessible to all pockets. The patent 360-degree feature ensures that the air intake and discharge reach maximum efficiency. Wherever you put it in the room, the entire air in the room will be cleaned. Whether you’re dealing with allergies, asthma or you want to get rid of odors, you should consider this product. If you purchase this product, you will get rid of dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold spores within a few minutes.
As a rule of thumb, you must remember to change the filter every 3 months. Don’t worry, the indicator light that is on top of the filter will let you know when the time has come. There aren’t any tools to change it. Nonetheless, you do have to mind that it’s best that you choose high-quality HEPA filters rather than cheap knock-offs. These are some of its convenient characteristics:
- The durable HEPA pre-filter can be vacuumed if you don’t want to change it so often. If you maintain it properly you can even replace it every few years
- The carbon activated pre-filter will capture larger particles like dust and lint
- It comes with 3-speed levels so you can choose the convenience features for different environments
The True HEPA filter will be able to capture up to 99% of airborne particles. This includes bacteria, viruses, pet dander, mold spores, tobacco smoke, pollen, and odors. Even though it’s rather small, it will still be as efficient as you want it to be. The CADR rating is of 250. Thus, it will completely get rid of the smoke, dust, and pollen. Some of its performance features are:
- If you place it in a room that measures up to 80 sq. ft. the air will be changed up to 23 times per hour. Thus, it’s inevitable that you will completely get rid of the smoke
- Even if you put it in a room that measures more than 390 sq. ft. the air in the room will be changed up to 5 times
- The activated carbon pre-filter is capable of capturing particles that are much smaller than smoke particles, such as pollen
Fast Filter Replacement
In order to ensure efficiency, the unit has been designed with SurroundSeal technology. This feature makes sure that there aren’t any air leaks. This is great news for those that want to get rid of smoke particles. It would be impossible for the air to get thoroughly cleaned if some can escape. The powerful motor is currently one of the best on the market. It works so well that it will capture airborne particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. You can position this unit wherever you want in the room, this is because it measures 18” x 18” x 18”. On top of the unit, you will find a handle which will ease the filter replacement procedure and the knob is very easy to understand and maneuver.
Top 5 Comparison
|Honeywell 50250-S||Winix 5300||Honeywell True HEPA HPA300||Whirlpool Whispure AP51030K||GermGuardian AC4825|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Filtration and Technology Systems Used
|True HEPA, Activated Carbon, and SurroundSeal||True HEPA, Activated Carbon, and PlasmaWave||True HEPA and Activared Carbon||True HEPA and Activared Carbon||True HEPA, Charcoal, and UV-C|
|Kills 99% of carbon-based molecules like smoke, mold, bacteria, and viruses||Removes up to 99% mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Eiminates 99% of impurities in the air||Destroys up to 99% of mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Kills 99.9% of bacteria, dust, mold, viruses, odors, and allergens|
|390 sq. ft.||360 sq. ft.||465 sq. ft.||500 sq. ft.||155 sq. ft.|
|Indicator light||Auto Speed, Auto Dim, and Indicator light||Timer, Auto Shut-off, Turbo cleaning||Plus Sleep, Turbo Mode, Timer, and Indicator light||Indicator light|
Number Of Speeds
Dangers of Smoke
No matter how you put it, there’s no hiding the fact that smoke is bad for your health and for those that you love. There are 0 safe substances in tobacco products and they contain harmful gasses and volatile organic compounds. If your body is exposed to it constantly, you will experience a range of consequences. In addition to this, you may experience the damaging factors wildfire smoke can cause to your health. Whatever you are dealing with, you need the help of such purifier.
If you’re a regular smoker, you may already know that it can have immediate and long-term effects on your health. For example, even if you feel that it can temporarily lift up your mood, you may not be aware that it causes dependence and withdrawal side effects. Furthermore, you are at a high risk of developing chronic obstructive pullmonary disease. In fact, 8 out of 10 cases of COPD are due to smoking. In addition to this, you can also develop:
- Heart diseases
- Blood clotting
If you live in a state that is battling such pain, you may already be taught the dangers of such smoke. This is why you may have noticed that there’s a wide rescue medication available in your area. If you live elsewhere, you should know that this smoke gets carried around the globe and you are exposing yourself to developing chronic diseases. Some of the problems you can develop are:
- Reduced birth weight for babies exposed to the smoke in the womb
- Increased chances of premature death
- Heart conditions
- Lung diseases
Just because you don’t smoke or you don’t live in an area affected by wildfire, it doesn’t mean that you’re protected. In fact, 3.8 million people a year die prematurely from illnesses due to the household air pollution. Caused by the inefficient use of solid fuels and kerosene cooking. If you’re cooking using fuels such as wood, crop waste, charcoal, coal, and dung, you should know that you’re risking your health. Below you will find the following diseases that you can develop:
- Lung cancer
- Ischaemic Hear Disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
All in all, without a doubt, Honeywell 50250-S as it has a 360-degrees air intake which means that it can cover a large room of up to 300 sq. ft. In fact, for every 80 sq. ft. the air will be changed up to 20 times per hour. Thus, it’s nearly impossible for contaminants to build-up or to travel around the room without getting caught. Perhaps, one of the reasons why this model sells so well is because it has a low-profile design which means that it will bring minimal attention to itself.
Additionally, LEVOIT LV-PUR131 will provide a 3-stage filtration to remove 99.9% of particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. Above all it, the purifier can automatically detect the smoke in the air and it will turn itself on. As well as, it will also automatically adjust its speed according to how polluted the room is. As it has been designed with an award-winning HEPA filter, your needs will be met with ease.
If you’re looking for purifiers that you can make them to operate according to your own particular needs, you should consider Enther Air Purifier AP1C as it has been designed with an adjustable timer, speeds, and even an aroma box. Best of all, it has an ozone-free operation so you’re not putting your health at risk if you want to use it extensively.