Whether it’s pet, bathroom, and odors from cooking, you can agree that they’re a nuisance. When you enter your home, you should be welcomed with fresh air so you can properly relax. Air fresheners don’t work the same as these life-savers. Whilst they can mask the air, they can’t purify it. You deserve more than just a tropical smell. You should thoroughly consider these models because they will get rid of the germs and bacteria that are lingering in the air. As well as, if you suffer from allergies, you will be pleased to know that they are suitable for your needs as well. What’s stopping you from inhaling clean and fresh air?
Even though some aren’t capable of covering large areas, they will still be able to provide the same high-quality air that you deserve. All of the models that we have mentioned have the HEPA filters. They are the highest standard of air purification systems.
7. Hathaspace Smart True HSP-001 Purifier
This superior quality purifier is capable of removing bacteria, odors, and volatile organic compounds. The 6-in-1 filter system will capture up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3. microns. Thus, it’s suitable for people that suffer from respiratory problems such as asthma. In fact, if you don’t see any difference in the quality of the air within 60-days, you will receive a full refund. Therefore, you can purchase in confidence.
Smart Features Included
- The Sensor Technology will monitor the quality of the air surrounding you
- The Automatic Mode will adjust the speed according to how polluted the air is in your home
- The purifier will change the air 2 times per hour
- The ionizer can remove even the most stubborn odors in the home
Powerful and Efficient
This model is suitable for large areas that measure up to 350 sq. ft. This means that it’s suitable for your living room, baby room, and office. If you no longer want to smell like the food that you’re cooking, pet odors, or other strange smells, you should consider this model. Its filters are:
- Nano-Cold Catalyst – This filter will remove large particles such as dust and toxic household chemicals such as ammonia, benzene, and formaldehyde
- Activated Carbon – This filter will eliminate smoke, gasses, and volatile compounds including odors
- Antibacterial – This filter has been crafted from nano-materials in order to remove fungi, viruses, and bacteria
- True HEPA – This long-lasting filter will remove mold and allergens from the air
If you want a purifier to complement your modern space and healthy lifestyle, you should consider this model. There aren’t many units which will purifier the air 2 times per hour which means that it’s suitable to have if you’re suffering from asthma or allergy symptoms. Above all, by considering this model you will prevent respiratory conditions.
6. WINIX 5300-2 Air Cleaner
This True HEPA filter will capture up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants such as dust mites, pet dander, pollen, and allergens that are small as 0.3 microns. The patented PlasmaWave will act as a permanent filter that will break down the contaminants without producing harmful ozone. Also, the delivered air flow is of 236 CMF with a noise rating of 27.8 dB.
- The Smart Sensor Technology will detect the pollution and odor levels in your home automatically
- Auto Mode Technology will adjust the speed according to how polluted the air is around you
- It has been crafted with 3 stage cleaning which means that it will get rid of all odors regardless if they’re pet dander, cooking odor, or cigarette smoke
Versatile and Practical
If you set it on the sleep mode, you will be able to enjoy a whisper-quiet operation throughout the day and night. The CADR rating is of 360 sq. ft. which means that you should consider this product if you have a medium to large room. Some of its characteristics are:
- Speeds – It also has 4 fan speeds which means that you can adjust it to function according to your own needs
- Indicator Light – The Filter Replacement LED light will remove second-guessing
- Safe – This model is CUL listed, AHAM certified, and CARB certified
You can place this purifier wherever you want in the room due to the fact that it doesn’t produce loud noises when operating. In addition to this, it can remove bacteria, hair, and smoke from the air without consuming a lot of energy. If you want to get rid of allergens and odor from your home, this is the right model for your needs. If it detects the odor levels or pollution levels going up, it will automatically adjust the speed.
5. Hamilton Beach 04384
If you have a pet that creates a mess and a lot of bad smells, you should know that this triple filtration technology purifier, is your helping hand. The product has been designed with a permanent pre-filter that will capture pet hair and odors. As well as the HEPA-grade filter will capture small 3 microns particles. If you have an area that measures up to 140 sq. ft. you should thoroughly consider this item. The 3 filtration stages have been created with a pre-filter for pet hair and a permanent HEPA-grade filter that will remove any harmful airborne pollutants such as debris, mold, pollen and dust mites.
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that it has a very quiet operation and you will hardly hear it as it has a rating of 50 dB. If you have a tight space, you can position it either horizontally or verticality. If you want maximum efficiency you need to remember to change the filter at least after 3 months. Some of its features are:
- Speeds – You will be able to use it throughout the day and night as it has been designed with 3 speeds
- Permanent filters – You will be able to save money as you won’t have to throw out the filters every 6 months
- Zeolite filters – The 2 replaceable carbon zeolite filters that target odors
Important Features To Consider
- You can use it horizontally or vertically
- Best suitable for small rooms and office areas
- It can remove odors and chemical gasses
- You will be covered by a 1-Year warranty
You should consider purchasing this model especially if you’re suffering from allergies. When you remove the filter after 3-months, we guarantee that you will be shocked about how much dust the purifier will capture. Some of its particularities are:
- Energy-efficient – You can keep this machine functioning for the whole day on the lowest setting and you won’t see many differences on your electricity bill
- Pet Allergies – If you’re suffering from pet allergies, you will be able to make your life more manageable with the help of this product
- Filter Indicator – As you will need to change the Zeolite filters, the filter indicator will let you know when the time has arrived
The reason why we recommend this model is because it has been engineered in order to make your life easier. It will remove bad smells from your room which means that you will be able to cook anything you wish. In addition to this, it has a whisper-quiet operation which means that you can keep it functioning for the whole day. As well as, the warranty period will keep you covered against any additional costs in case of damages and concerns.
4. GermGuardian AC4825
This 3-in-1 purifier has been designed with a True HEPA filter which is perfect for allergy sufferers. If you’re tired of your room being constantly smelly because of your pet or due to your cooking skills, you need to consider this model. The most important thing to remember is that you need to change the filter every 6 months if you want the same high efficiency. Don’t worry, you do not have to note anything in your calendar as this unit has been designed with an indicator light that will let you know when the time has arrived to change it.
Practical and Convenient
What it stands out for this product is the fact that it has a UV-C light purification. The ultraviolet light technology will kill viruses and bacteria whilst getting rid of dust, mold spores, and pollen. You will also have the capability to turn off the light. Some of its particularities are:
- HEPA Filter – The HEPA filter is able to capture up to 99.97% of dust and allergens that are as small as .3 microns. The UV-C light will kill germs and bacteria
- Charcoal Filter – The charcoal filter will ensure that your room is and smells fresh throughout the day
- CADR Rating – It has a CADR rating of 100+ and it’s only 22” tall. This means that it’s ideal for those that have a limited space
This model uses a HEPA filter which means that it’s capable of getting a range of harmful particles from the air. In addition to this, the recommended area that you should use it in is of 155 sq. ft. It also uses 63-watts which means that you don’t have to worry about your energy bill going up. Furthermore, it measures 7” x 10.2” x 21.5” which means that it’s compact and efficient. It also weighs 7 lbs which means that you can carry it wherever you go.
Compact and Versatile
This model measures 22” which means that it’s suitable for those that live in a limited space such as small apartments or RVs. Even though it measures that much it still has the capacity to remove all of the contaminants in the air you’re currently breathing. Some of the particularities are:
- Energy-efficient – This means that you can allow it to operate for the whole day as it won’t bring up your energy bill
- Whisper-quiet – You can leave the purifier to operate at night time as you won’t be disturbed by the operational noise
- Odor Elimination – You will be able to get rid of smells and odors by considering this model
The reason why this is another model that we recommend that it’s efficient and powerful. Even though it’s described to be as small, you will enjoy the fact that it will get rid of the contaminants that are making your allergies worse. In addition to this, it has been created with numerous filters in order to ensure efficiency at all times. Therefore, you can rely on it for numerous years to come.
3. LEVOIT LV-H132
This product is ideal for those that are suffering from common allergy problems that are triggered by dust mites, pollen, mold, pet dander and other small particles that have a PM rating of 2.5. It has been designed with a 3-stage filtration system. The 2-Year warranty period is very practical if you believe that the unit has lost its efficiency over the years.
Excellent Operational Power
The pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and an activated carbon filter. Through them, the model can remove up to 99.97% of airborne pollutants. It’s 100% ozone free and it doesn’t use UV or ions. It can also:
- This model has been designed to service rooms that measure up to 87 sq. ft.
- The pre-filter is capable of removing airborne bacteria, large mold spores, pet hair, and germs
- The Activated Carbon filter will capture and neutralize various household odors such as cooking smells, pet odors, and cigarette smoke
You can choose between 3 speeds; low, medium and high. The greatest thing about it is that the noise level is very low as it has a rating of 50 dB. As well as, the power consumption is just as low. As well it has various sensors and it can also:
- Indicator – The filter indicator will let you know when the time has arrived to change the filters
- Fast Speed – Even though it comes with 3-speeds, you will find that the highest speed will be able to get rid of allergens within one hour
- Controls – As this unit is suitable for those who aren’t tech-savvy, you will find that the controls it has are easy to understand and to maneuver
It uses 28-watts. This means that you can leave it functioning for the whole day and your energy bill will not be affected. The model has a modern and simplistic design. It’s very compact as it measures 12.6” (H) and 7.5” (D). It also weighs a few pounds so you can place the unit wherever you wish. The fact that it’s so small, you will find that you can travel with it. Thus, people with allergies can take this model into their hotel rooms. The control panel is conveniently positioned at the top so you can easily change the settings.
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s one of the best for those who want convenience. When it arrives it comes fully assembled so you don’t have to worry about wasting hours meaninglessly. In addition to this, you can take it with you wherever you go so you can manage your allergies with ease. As well as, it has a low operational noise which means that you can keep it on at night time.
2. GermGuardian AC5250PT
This recently upgraded model is for those that are suffering due to pet dander, dust mites, and pollen. It has been created with Pet Pure, the antimicrobial agent that will absorb mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria. The easy-to-use digital display will make it easy for those who struggle with small buttons. The greatest thing about it is that you can set a timer that runs up to 8 hours. The whisper quiet operation will allow you to have a peaceful and noise-free sleep. You can take full advantage of the 5-Year limited warranty in case the unit loses its efficiency over the years.
The HEPA filter is able to trap 99.97% of particles that measure .3 microns in size. In addition to this, it has also been created with a UV-C light that will kill germs. The product has a CADR rating of 125+ and it has 5 speeds from which you can choose to make it the most suitable for your environment. Its characteristics are:
- Charcoal Filter – Suitable for reducing bad smells from pets, cooking, and smoking
- UV-C Light Technology – This will ensure that it eliminates all viruses, bacteria, mold spores and germs
- 5 Speeds – Due to the number of speeds, this makes it capable of cleaning relatively large rooms such as large offices, bedrooms, and living rooms
- Pet-pure – This filter will help to catch large contaminants such as pet hair and lint
You will be pleased to know that it has a vertical design that will help with space-saving and it’s discreet. The out-of-the-way design will make sure that it fits with any décor that you have. Regardless if it’s extravagant or minimal. Furthermore, the conveniently placed handle will ensure that you will be able to carry it from room to room if you need to. If you believe that the indoor air is highly polluted, we actually recommend that. In addition to this, some people find it highly beneficial that they can control the noise level. You can choose speed level 1 for a minimal noise during nighttime and level 5 for when you want a high operation.
If you want to change the filter, it’s actually very simple. All that you will need to do is follow the steps below and you will be ready within 2 minutes. You should:
- Step 1 – Remove the back filter cover
- Step 2 – Pop out the used filter
- Step 3 – Install the new one where the old one was
In addition to this, you will also find the display screen very straightforward to understand. It will provide you with information regarding the UV-C control, a filter change indictor, and an up to 8-hours timer. This means that if you’re looking for a model for someone who isn’t tech-savvy you should consider this product.
This is a high-quality model that is used by thousands of people worldwide. If you’re after a budget product yet you want one that will work just as efficiently as a more expensive one, this is the item for you. This is the perfect choice for those that want a model to last for many years. The 5-Year warranty period shows that this item is trustworthy.
1. Blueair Pure 121
Having an air purifier never looked so good. This powerful model will fit into any décor and environment. It has been designed with a 3-stage filtration system and two washable pre-filters. It’s able to get rid of the odor, capture allergen odors, germs, and smoke. It’s Energy Star rated which means that it will provide a high-class performance. If you have a large room or area, this is one of the most suitable models for you. What you have to remember is to change the filter every 6 months so you can ensure efficiency over the years. You will be thoroughly pleased to know that you can benefit from the 1-Year warranty. As well as, the customer service team is so good that they have been rewarded with numerous certificates. If you want an extended warranty period, all that you will have to do is register with your new unit.
This item is so efficient that it won’t only get rid of odors. It will also get rid of dust, bacteria, mold, pet dander, pollen, and viruses that are lingering in the air. In fact, it’s able to remove up to 99% of airborne pollutants found in the air inside of your home. Some of the performance features are:
- It has a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 400 cu. ft. per minute
- Suitable for large rooms that measure up to 700 sq. ft.
- It produces a low noise level of 31 dB on the lowest fan speed
This purifier has been created with three stages of filtration. The activated carbon filter will remove common odors in any household. It will get rid of smoke, pets, cooking, and VOCs. If you leave it on the highest speed, it only uses 60 watts so it’s 60% more energy efficient. The unit weighs 18 lbs and measures 13”x13”x28”. This means that you can put it in tight spaces without any struggle. In addition to this, it’s very easy to operate as it only has 1-button control. Thus, if you’re looking to purchase this for an elderly, this is the right model for you. If you have a stylish home and you pay attention to the smallest details, you will be pleased to know that you can purchase this product in different colors. Choose between black, yellow, blue, pink, and grey.
The particle and carbon filter produces an advanced HEPASilent Technology, The filter is designed to permanently capture airborne particles that have a PM rating of 2.5. Then, the activated carbon filter will absorb volatile organic compounds that are harmful to our health. The 360-degree air intake will ensure that the whole room is purified accordingly no matter where you place it in the room. These are some of its characteristics:
- It has two washable fabric pre-filters. They will extend the prime filter longevity. If you wish, you can purchase additional pre-filters
- The foldable combo filter has 2.5 lbs of granular activated carbon that will protect you from harmful chemicals and gasses
- The product has been designed with non-toxic and non-woven polypropylene. It functions without releasing irritating microscopic fibers into the air and it’s also water-resistant
In order to ensure that the product will function properly for many years to come, you have to ensure that you change the filter every 6 months. Don’t worry it’s very simple to do so, all that you will have to is push the button on the side and remove the filter. It will even announce to you when the time has come to change it. The purifier produces noise that is quieter than a whisper so you can place it in your room overnight. The energy-efficient model can be kept functioning for the whole day and it won’t cost more than a drink at Starbucks.
Top 5 Comparison
|Blueair Pure 121||GermGuardian AC5250PT||LEVOIT LV-H132||GermGuardian AC4825||Hamilton Beach 04384|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Filtration type and Technologies
|HEPASilent, Activated Carbon Pre-filter, and Electrostatic technology||True HEPA and Pet Pure technology||Pre-filter, True HEPA and Activated Carbon||True HEPA, Activated Carbon and UV-C||TrueAir, Zeolite and HEPA-grade filter|
|Removes Up to 99% of the Microscopic Particles of 2.5 Microns||Captures 99.97% of the Microscopic Particles of 0.3 Microns||Traps Up to 99.97% Air Borne Particles as small as 0.3 Microns in Size||Capturates 99.97% Air Borne Particles as small as 0.3 Microns in Size||Eliminates Up to 99% Dust and Allergens as Small as 0.3 Microns in Size|
|620 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.||192 sq. ft.||155 sq. ft.||140 sq. ft.|
Noise Level Range
|31 dB to 56 dB||30 dB to 43 dB||20.8 dB to 45.6 dBA||28 dB to 40 dB||40 dB to 50 dB|
Air Changes per Hour
|6 Months||Up to 8 Months||6 Months||6 Months||9 Months|
VOCs, Odor and Gasses
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention has highlighted that not all odors are equal. There’s a massive difference between bad smells and the odors that are damaging to our health. Some can be unpleasant and some dangerous. Whilst you will find that the smells can be originated from your home, some are made outdoors and they travel in your own home in different ways.
Volatile Organic Compounds
If you’re exposed to it for a long period of time, you will experience things such as irritation to the eyes and respiratory tract, headaches, dizziness and memory problems. If you’re exposed to it for a long period of time, you will experience more severe things. This includes nausea, fatigue, loss of coordination, dizziness and damage to the liver and kidneys. In addition to this, there’s also a high risk of cancer cells forming. You are at risk of getting in contact with it by smoking or being exposed to secondhand smoking. As well as, if you suffer from asthma, it’s best to stay away.
You can come in contact with VOCs by breathing exhaust, fuel emmission, and releases from products that contain them. In addition to this, you can also have skin contact with them. Some of the products that contain volatile organic compounds are:
- Paints and thinners
- Cleaners and disinfectants
- Wood preservatives
There are different scents that you can find in an office or in your home. This includes pleasant and unpleasant ones. The reason why some people find a certain smell pleasant and you don’t is because the odor molecules send messages to the limbic system. This part of the brain will deal with emotional responses. Thus, you may find that a certain smell reminds you of your childhood and the next person can find the smell revolting. Some of the smells can be caused by:
- Cleaning and beauty products
If you don’t have an efficient way of purifying the air, you will also have to deal with numerous gasses that are damaging to your health. If you inhale a large number of harmful gas particles, you will find that you risk damaging your lungs. Some of the volatile gasses found in your home are:
- Carbon Monoxide – This is an odorless and colorless gas that gets emitted from heaters, fuel-burning stoves, and other appliances. If the filter doesn’t clean the air you can develop conditions such as nausea, tiredness, and dizziness
- Nitrogen Dioxide – This gas will irritate the mucous membranes in your eyes, nose, and throat. If you do not limit the number of such gas particles, you will inevitably develop lung conditions such as chronic bronchitis
- Radon – This gas will enter your home through cracks in the foundation, walls, drains, and other openings. If you’re exposed to it every day for a large number of hours, you can develop lung cancer
Culprits of Household Odors
|Smell||Get Rid||Additional Options|
|Rotten Eggs||Gold rule: Always check your appliances. This smell is given by burned electrical shielding, wires, and other plastic components used by your appliances when exposed to high heat. If you don’t have any rotten eggs in your fridge, go around your house and check the outlets or other electrical equipment’s.||If you cannot fix it yourself, consider calling a plumber or an electrician as the smell comes from somewhere deeper in the home. No purifier is able to get rid of that strong and consistent smell.|
|Pets||An unbathed pet can be very smelly and challenging to live with. Make sure you always bathe your pet with the right shampoo and conditioner as your home will have to suffer otherwise. It’s worthy to mention that if you smell a dead animal, you should check around the outside of your house as animals such as rats, raccoons, and snakes will find their way into the ductwork.||If your home still smells of pets, you will have to remove any carpet in your home and replace it with a new one. Pet urine has damaging effects on fabric so you should avoid combining the two.|
|Sewage||The majority of homes are designed with P-trap. This is an air block that will trap any sewer gasses from entering your home. If you haven’t used the drain in a while, it means that the water in the trap has evaporated. Thus, the gasses have found their way into your home. Let water run in all drains at least once a month for 10 minutes in order to prevent this from happening||If the smell still persists, you should call a plumber as you have problems with the sewage system.|
|Mold||Unfortunately, if you smell mold, it means that it has already developed in your house. Check your house for any damp items, leaks, or the source of the moisture problem. Ventilate your house properly in places such as your bathroom, kitchen, and basement.||Mold is very dangerous to your health and it shouldn’t be left there if it exists. You should consult with a mold inspector or expert in order to find where the moisture comes from. Remove it as soon as you’ve found the problem.|