Keeping clean air at home should be a top priority for every homeowner who is interested in having a welcoming and healthy living environment. In this matter, an air purifier is the best ally that does an amazing job of removing impurities from the air. If you could see the amounts of impurities in the air that you breathe daily, you wouldn’t think twice before buying an air purifier. Among all the models available, you will find the filterless one that, although seems unlikely, can remove as many air pollutants as the one with a filter. If you are curious to learn more about this intriguing device, keep reading.
- 15. Airfree Lotus
- 14. RXAIR Plus UVC1001B
- 13. Airfree Tulip
- 12. Oreck AIRPCS Professional Filter
- 11. Boneco Therapure TPP240
- 10. Hamilton Beach TrueAir
- 9. IonPacific Ionbox
- 8. ONION Technologies B-1000
- 7. Honeywell AirGenius 5
- 6. Airfree P1000
- 5. Envion Ionic Pro Turbo
- 4. Airfree T800
- 3. LightAir IonFlow Evolution 50
- 2. Airfree Onix 3000
- 1. Air Oasis 3000 G3
- Top 5 Comparison
15. Airfree Lotus
Recommended for rooms up to 650 sq. ft., this purifier will silently remove and destroy organic odors, pet dander, bacteria, dust mites, mold, and organic allergens. The exclusive technology integrated will ensure that this purifier requires minimal maintenance. The distinctive design combined with advanced technology will allow you to place this product anywhere you wish in your home. Watch as the petals open up and the color changes. Resembling a Lotus flower.
Thermodynamic TSSTM Technology
This technology uses heat which is similar to boiling water temperatures to destroy 100% of all micro-organisms. Inside of the purifier, the temperatures can reach up to 400-degrees Fahrenheit. Hence, all viruses, bacteria, mold spores, or contaminants that are affecting the immune system will be destroyed. Its features are:
- Safe – This product emits no dangerous emissions such as ozone, UV light, or ions
- Independently Tested – To prove its efficiency, this has been independently tested in 6 different countries such as Sweden, Germany, and USA
- Colors – Choose whether you want the colors to be fancy or harmonic night light
All of the laboratories are ISO 17025 certified which means that the results can be trusted. In addition to this, it proves that such a product will remove all of the micro-organisms regardless of small they are.
Features To Consider
- Dimensions – 7.7” (L) x 7.7” (W) x 13” (H)
- Power – Such device will use up to 52-watts
- Air Circulation – The purifier will use a speed of 500 cu. ft./hr.
No Ozone, No Ions, No UV-light
As it has an energy-efficient operation, you don’t have to worry about seeing considerable differences in your electricity bill. In addition to this, as it will only use heat to sanitize the air, you don’t have to worry about negative effects it may have long term.
It’s important to mention that even though it can reach an incredibly high temperature for its size, the air will be cooled down before it’s returned to the room. Hence, it’s safe to use it around children and pets.
14. RXAIR Plus UVC1001B
Due to its performance, this product is trusted in over 400 hospitals. Hence, you can purchase it with confidence to protect your family from harmful contaminants such as bacteria, germs, viruses, and VOCs. This recently upgraded product has the ability to draw more air quietly than the previous models. Thus, you can place it in the bedroom, baby’s room, or the office.
This industry-leading technology will ensure that the purifier has the ability to remove 99% of all airborne bacteria, including flu, H1N1, SARS, pneumonia, MRSA, and other harmful contaminants that will attack your immune system. Its design particularities are:
- Air Changes – It has the ability to change the air up to 6x per hour in a small to medium-sized room. For a room up to 800 sq. ft., the air will be changed up to 3x
- Class II Medical – This purifier will not only remove but also destroy the bacteria
- Speeds – Choose between the 17 integrated speeds
Features To Consider
- Dimensions – 32” x 12.5” x 10.5”
- Maintenance – The cartridge will have to be changed every 5-years
- Ozone – This doesn’t produce ozone and it also has ozone restrictors integrated
Germicidal UV Technology
To provide you with the most for your money, this model will also reduce odors such as common household smells, pet dander, and VOCs. Therefore, if you suffer due to allergies, this product will be your helping hand to combat the nuisance of allergy triggers. Some of its features are:
- Expectancy – It has a life expectancy of 720 hours. If the indicator light changes to an orange light, there are 168-hours left until the cartridge needs to be changed
- Noise – This is an incredibly quiet product so it won’t make distracting noises
- Buttons – You don’t need any experience to manage it as there are only 3 buttons such as On/Off, and high/low-speed push buttons
To prove its efficiency, this model has been independently tested. Thus, it’s certified by both the FDA and EPA. These labs have concluded that you can purchase this product with confidence as the tests show that it’s not only efficient but also safe. After all, you will be protected by the 5-years warranty period.
13. Airfree Tulip
Similarly, to all of the purifiers mentioned in this review, this is another highly capable model. It has the ability to clean a room of up to 450 sq. ft. Due to the filterless technology, you don’t have to worry about paying extra for maintenance. Furthermore, it has a travel-friendly design so you can breathe fresh and clean air wherever you are.
Patented Thermodynamic TSS Technology
This is another model that will get rid of contaminants so you can breathe air that isn’t full of contaminants or microorganisms. Additionally, it will also remove the harmful ozone levels indoors. The purifier will remove the following:
- Dust mites
- Pet dander
Of course, it also has the ability to remove chemical vapors, mold spores, viruses. If you want to get rid of cooking smells fast, this purifier will be your helping hand. As it can remove viruses and bacteria, you can use this unit during the flu season to protect yourself and those you love.
Features To Remember
- Speeds – 1 working mode
- Dimensions – 5.7” x 5.7” x 13.3”
- Power – 110-120-volts plug
One of the main features of this model is the fact that it doesn’t produce any noises when operating. Therefore, you can place it in the bedroom, living room, or office. Furthermore, the slim design means that it will fit with whatever décor you may have. Some of its design features are:
- Nightlight – Choose between the large range of lights that you can also turn off
- Independently Tested– To prove its efficiency, this model has been tested by ISO laboratories
- Auto Shut-off – In case the unit will overheat when operating, it will automatically shut itself off to prevent it from being a hazard
If you’re looking for a model that will bring minimal attention to itself, this is a great choice. Furthermore, if you’re someone with a busy schedule, you will thoroughly enjoy this purifier as it doesn’t require any maintenance.
12. Oreck AIRPCS Professional Filter
This XL purifier has been made with industry-leading Truman cell technology to get rid of contaminants such as bacteria, fungi, pet dander, and other allergens found in the air. The unit is often described as the perfect combination between a quiet operation, energy-efficient, and highly efficient for rooms up to 80 sq. ft. Best of all, it has a compact design so it will perfectly fit in the bedroom, office, or living room.
Six Stage Filtration
Unlike, the majority of the models that are currently on the market. This purifier will push the air through 6 stages to remove even the finest particles in the air. In fact, it will trap airborne particles that are as small as 0.1 microns. Some of its design features are:
- Optional Ionizer – Turn this feature on to add freshness to the air. The technology will bind the particles together so they can easily get trapped by the purifier
- Odor Absorber Plus – Remove chemicals such as fumes, cooking smells, and pet odors from the air
- Speeds – Choose between the 3-speed settings to find optimal comfort levels
Features To Remember
- CADR – Dust: 52 CFM, Pollen: 52 CFM, Smoke: 52 CFM
- Dimensions – 12” x 16.6” x 5.7”
- Capacity – It cleans 30 ft x 30 ft once per hour
If you don’t want to risk with the ionizer, you also have the option to add essential oils to the purifier to make the room smell however you wish. In addition to this, this model has also been designed with:
- Nightlight – Keep the night light on to see the exact settings the unit is running on
- Clean Filter Indicator – The visual alarm will let you know when to clean the filter
- Silence Technology – Use the purifier throughout the day and night as it runs quietly
A model as such will be able to get rid of all of the contaminants in the air that may be dangerous to your health. Numerous customers prefer this particular model because it’s not only travel-friendly but also customizable according to particular needs.
11. Boneco Therapure TPP240
Even though it’s not as advanced as the ones that have replaceable filters, it doesn’t mean that it’s any less efficient. This purifier has the ability to eliminate bacteria, viruses, germs, fungi, pet dander, and VOC’s. In addition to this, it will also sanitize the air so if you suffer from second-hand smoking or if you smoke, this purifier will be able to get rid of smoke particles regardless of how small they are. In fact, it will change the air up to 5.1 times in one hour.
Complete Removal of Germs
This particular unit works more like an ionizer. This means that it will positively charge the airborne allergens and successfully eliminate them without the use of numerous filters. As well as, the UV light will completely eliminate bacteria and viruses. Some of its features are:
- Photocatalyst – This will remove fumes and chemicals such as formaldehyde
- Ionizer – You have the freedom to turn it on or off depending how polluted the air is
- Indicator Light – When the filter needs to be cleaned, the indicator light will let you know
- Capacity – up to 500 sq. ft.
- CADR – 155 Pollen, 132 Dust, 137 Smoke
- Air Exchange – 2.3 air changes in a room of up to 500 sq. ft., 3.4 air changes for a room up to 300 sq. ft., and 5.1 air exchanges in a room up to 200 sq. ft.
Convenience Features Integrated
In order to get the most for your money, this model has been designed with numerous features such as:
- Timer – Set the purifier up to 24-hr in advance
- Automatic shut-off – Once the timer runs out, the unit will automatically shut itself off
- Speeds – Choose between the 3 integrated speeds
As you can see, this purifier has been designed with numerous features and functions so you can make it work according to your needs. Best of all, the sleek tower design will allow you to place it wherever you want in your home.
10. Hamilton Beach TrueAir
Even though this purifier has filters which do not need replacing, it doesn’t mean that it’s any less efficient. In fact, this unit has been engineered with a HEPA-grade filter which will eliminate up to 99% of all contaminants that are lingering in the air. This includes pet dander, pollen, dust, and mold spores. In addition to this, it can also capture airborne particles as small as 3 microns such as fine hairs, fine dust, and even bacteria.
Permanent HEPA-grade Filter
If you want a purifier but you’re on a budget, you will find that this model is the most suitable for your needs. It has been estimated that you will save up to $50 per year. The permanent filter can be easily cleaned so it’s suitable for those that have limited time for thorough maintenance. Some of its design features are:
- Speeds – You can choose between 3 speeds so you can use this purifier throughout the day and night
- Noise – Numerous people have praised this purifier for the minimal noise it produces
- Energy Efficient – On the highest speed, this model only uses 44-watts which is less than a light bulb. Hence you can keep it operating 24 hours
- Capacity – The unit will cover an area of 160 sq. ft.
- Dimensions – It measures 8-1/2 x 6 x 13-1/2
- Versatile – You can place it horizontally or vertically
Minimal Maintenance Required
As mentioned above, you will not only save money with this purifier but you will also save time. All that you will need to do to clean is to vacuum the outside of the unit once every week. The reason for this is that you want to ensure the high-performance from the beginning. Perhaps, one of the main reasons why this model sells so well is because people with pets have praised its efficiency. If you keep this purifier running throughout the day and night, it will neutralize smells from pets or cooking to make the living environment more bearable.
9. IonPacific Ionbox
Numerous years of research has been done by US and UK experts in ion technology that have resulted in this ionizer which is capable of emitting up to 20 million negative ions per second. This breakthrough technology will ensure a clean, safe, and overall better air quality for everyone in the home. This purifier has the ability to remove airborne bacteria, germs, odors, allergen, and toxins without you having to spend a cent extra on additional filters. You can rest assured knowing that you never have to worry about thorough maintenance or expensive filters.
20 million negative ions per second
It’s important to mention that this model has been independently tested to prove how efficient it is. Even though it’s compact, it has the ability to outperform other purifiers up to 20 times its size. In addition to this, some of its features are:
- Capacity – It has the ability to cover a room up to 500 sq. ft. in size
- Multi-power – No outlet in sight? Simply connect it to any USB outlet from a PC or laptop to make it operate as it runs at an ultra-low 1.5 watts
- Dual Voltage – You don’t have to worry whether the plug is 110V or 120V as it can automatically convert electricity
- Safe – The unit doesn’t emit ozone so you can use it consistently
- Warranty – By considering this model you will be protected for 1-year against reparation costs with no questions asked
- Noise – This small unit will produce a noise level of 10 decibels which means that it has a faint whisper sound
CE & RoHS Certified
If you don’t want to believe the words of the company, you should trust the results achieved by the independent tests. The units have safety certifications from 2 different laboratories which means that you can purchase in confidence. In addition to this, such a unit will also improve the quality of your sleep, concentration, skin health, and even plant growth.
8. ONION Technologies B-1000
If you want to take care of your needs and the environment, this is a great model to consider. Even though this is one of the most powerful and efficient purifiers on the market, it only consumes 7.5-watts. Thus, you can allow it to operate throughout the day and night, without seeing spikes in your electricity bill. In addition to this, due to the fact that there are no filters to replace, you don’t have to invest further into the unit. Hence, you will receive all of your money back within a few months from purchase.
This unit has been designed in order to silently remove the harmful contaminants that are lingering in the air. The negative ions produced has the ability to eliminate airborne pollutants as small as 0.1 micron. Some of its features are:
- Sanitize – The purifier will kill bacteria, viruses, and germs. As well as, it can also remove other smaller microorganisms that attack the immune system
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation – This feature has been clinically proven to help those that suffer from respiratory systems and infections
- Electrostatic – The unit will effectively remove pollen, mold spores, pet dander, dust, and small airborne irritants
Important Features To Consider
- Size – It measures 17”(H) x 6”(W) x 7”(D)
- UV Bulb – The bulb has 10,000 working hours
- Speed – The purifier has been designed with 2 fan settings
Carbon Filter Technology
The permanent filter has the ability to neutralize any odors or bad smells regardless of where they’re from. The carbon filtration will reduce cooking or pet odors and also absorb them to prevent it from escaping into the air. Some of its particularities are:
- Night Light – You have the freedom to choose whether you want the light or not
- Capacity – The purifier will cover a large area of 500 to 1,000 sq. ft.
- Maintenance – The only thing that you have to clean is the carbon filter. The filter is made out of metal which means that you can use a damp cloth to wipe off any dirt
You can consider this purifier in confidence as you will be covered by 3-years manufacturer’s warranty. This means that you don’t have to pay for repair costs. Otherwise, you can send it back and receive a brand new unit.
7. Honeywell AirGenius 5
This purifier is described to be one of the most advanced models on the market. The reason for this is because it uses innovative QuietClean filtration technology which allows it to capture up to 99.9% of contaminants that are in the air. This includes the ones that you see and microscopic allergens that are as small as 0.3 microns. As well as, it can also remove harmful chemicals. The model is capable of covering an area that measures 250 sq. ft.
Sleek and Smart
- Cleaning Levels – The unit has 5 cleaning settings that you can choose from. Every day you can choose between Sleep, Max, General, Germ, and Allergen options
- Panel – The control panel is touch-screen and the buttons are labeled so you can change the settings with ease
- Oscillation – You have the freedom to turn off/on the oscillation feature
Affordable and Highly Capable
- CADR – This AHAM certified unit has the ability to provide a Clean Air Delivery Rate values of 170 CADR for pollen and up to 161 CADR for tobacco smoke and dust
- Energy-efficient – This model is Energy Star rated which means that it uses as much electricity as a light bulb
- Maintenance – The filter needs to be washed up to 4 times per year
Versatile and Practical
Unlike the majority of the models that are currently on the market, there is no catch with this purifier. If you don’t opt for the optional pre-filter, you don’t have to spend money on replacing filters. The unit is essentially quiet which means that you can allow it to operate throughout the night. As well as, this purifier is for all-around year use. The Germ option is suitable for the cold flu season, Allergen setting is suitable for spring or allergen seasons, and General is suitable for autumn and winter. Thus, you will get the most for your money with the help of this unit.
6. Airfree P1000
This model has been tested in 6 different countries and it has been proven that it kills any type of microorganism that passes through the system, regardless of how small it is. The inside temperature will reach 400-degree Fahrenheit so it can eliminate resistant bacteria as well. You don’t have to worry about your safety as the air is cooled before it comes out of the unit.
Designed With Innovative Features
- Thermodynamic TSS Technology – It uses the same concept as boiling water, it uses heat to kill microorganisms that are lingering in the air
- Filterless Technology – You don’t have to invest further into the product as it doesn’t require any replacement parts of filters
- Ozone-free – It operates without emitting ozone. In fact, there will be no traces of ozone, ions, or UV light. It has been noted that it reduces ozone in the air by 26%.
- Tobacco smoke
- Dust mites
- Pet Dander
The product will be able to do its job without requiring thorough maintenance from your behalf. You will also be thoroughly pleased to know that it has a whisper-quiet operation which means that you won’t be distracted while this filter is operating. It also has a low energy consumption which means that you can keep it functioning throughout the day and night. This model is suitable for rooms that measure up to 450 sq. ft.
5. Envion Ionic Pro Turbo
Out of a series of three models designed to purify the air without using any filters, the Ionic Pro Turbo is the most powerful one. It works perfectly in medium to large rooms so you can trust it to clean living rooms, kitchens, or offices. It’s tall but very slim, with a narrow shape that makes it easy to fit in the tightest corners. It looks more like a tower fan but it’s actually a purifier and even though it’s not the most stylish appearance, it can be very discreet, especially since it’s so silent in operating. It only comes with a 1-year warranty but reportedly, it has a long life expectancy.
It utilizes the ionic technology that electrically charges particles and attracts them in order to leave the air clean and with a pleasant smell. With the front-loading blades, it manages to collect the impurities and it also makes it very easy for you to wipe them off from time to time to keep it clean. Some of its characteristics are:
- Ionic filtration – Smoke and harmful allergen will get caught in the charged collection plates. Therefore, it can remove up to 99.9% of airborne germs
- Permanent filters – You will enjoy the fact that all of the filters are permanent which means that you will be able to save money
- Cleaning indicator – This light will let you know when the time has arrived in order to clean the collection plates
Important Features To Consider
- The unit has been designed without confusing buttons. All it requires is the touch of a single button
- It has a sleek tower design so you can put it anywhere in the room
- It can destroy viruses, staph, and strep bacteria
- It can clean a room up to 500 sq. ft. in one hour
This machine is capable of silently removing pollen, dust, pet dander, and smoke without bringing unnecessary attention to it. Therefore, you will be able to place it wherever you wish in the room. As well as, you should consider purchasing this for someone who isn’t tech-savvy as the buttons are easy to understand. Some of its particularities are:
- Energy-efficient – You will be able to allow the machine to work for the whole day as your energy bill will remain constant
- Blade – The front loading collection blade will make maintenance a hustle-free experience
- Fast – The unit can clean up a room that measures up to 500 sq. ft. within an hour
The reason why we recommend this model is because it has been engineered in order to provide you with efficiency and convenience. All of the features that come with this product are strategically placed in order to ensure maximum efficiency throughout the years. In addition to this, this product is easy to maintain which means that you don’t have to pay a lot of attention to it.
4. Airfree T800
This is another model designed by Airfree that can be used in rooms of 180 sq. ft. only so it’s a more compact and light-duty purifier. It’s smaller in size for easy portability and it can be placed on a shelf without worrying it will fall. This model has the capacity to remove mold spores, dust, pet dander, and pollen. In addition to this, it’s compact and lightweight.
Exclusive Patented Technology
This product has been independently tested in real life working conditions which means that it has proved its efficiency. Every micro-organism that passes through the device through the patented system will be able to be captured. Some of its features are:
- No Ozone – You can rest assured about your safety due to the fact that it doesn’t emit dangerous emissions such as ions, ozone, and UV lights
- Whisper-quiet – The operation won’t make any loud noises which means that you can make it operate throughout the night
- Energy-efficient – It has a low energy consumption which means that you don’t have to worry about the energy bill going up
Design and Specifications
This model is compact and lightweight. It measures 5.1” x 5.1” x 12’ and it weighs 1.5 lbs. This means that you can take it with you wherever you go. In addition to this, it comes with 2-Years warranty which means that you can take it with you wherever you go. Additionally, it also has a consumption of 33-watts which means that it has an energy-efficient operation. Therefore, you can keep it functioning for the whole day.
Smart and Innovative
Based on the same smart technology, it can kill allergens, impurities, mold, pet dander, dust, household odors and bacteria with ease, leaving the air cool and clean. It can draw around 14,000 liters of air daily and it instantly sterilizes it by heating it to 400F. Some of the particularities are:
- Sterilized Air – You can keep it working in scorching hot air due to the fact that the sterilized air will be cooled before being returned to the environment
- Removes Micro-organisms – You will enjoy the fact that you will be protected from the flu and cold since it kills bacteria and viruses
- High Capacity – The purifier has the capability to clean a room that measures 180 sq. ft.
The best part is that no residues are left behind so it can be used even by the most sensitive of you. Since it doesn’t rely on a filter, it’s easier to maintain and it will not involve further costs. It’s covered by the same 2-year warranty as the other Airfree purifier so you can enjoy peace of mind. What’s worthy to mention is the fact that it removes the need for extra costs as the product is filterless.
3. LightAir IonFlow Evolution 50
An air purifier has never looked so stylish and sleek before the development of the Evolution Ion Flow, a high-end device that boasts a very interesting design. It’s powerful enough to handle a 540-sq. ft. room with the ionic technology that releases ions and negatively charges the particles in the air. Once charged, they are attracted by the metal part in the middle that will gradually get dirty depending on how many impurities it collects.
The test results show that it’s capable of removing up to 99% of harmful particulate matter without creating ozone like the majority of other brands. Even though it doesn’t measure a lot, you will find that it can remove:
- Fine dust
- Bacteria and viruses
This model will consume less than 7 watts per hour. That is considerably less than the common purifiers. As well as, the low power usage will allow you to keep it functioning for the whole day. Some of its particularities are:
- It removes bad smells
- Easy to use and maintain
- It doesn’t require filters
It can be placed on the floor or on a table thanks to the wide base that sustains the tower housing made of glass and metal. The light inside the glass part can be turned on or off to complement the rest of your home. When it gets too dirty, you simply remove and wash it then put it back on and it is ready to start the purifying process all over again. During functioning, it only creates 5 dB so it’s virtually silent and discreet. For any problems, you might experience with it, note that it is covered by a 2-year warranty to help you enjoy the highest performance.
2. Airfree Onix 3000
Coming from a series of similar filterless purifiers, this one seems to be the favorite of customers who loved its small shape and ease of use. It can be used in rooms of 650 sq. ft. and it’s generally purchased for bedrooms because it’s very small and has an adjustable nightlight at the top. It’s based on a simple method that provides maximum results in eliminating odors, mold, dust mites, smoke, bacteria, and other allergens in the air. It’s warranted to operate free of defects for 2 years after the purchase date and any malfunction will be handled by the manufacturer.
Smart and Innovative
The patented Thermodynamic TSS technology heats the air inside to 400F to kill even the most resistant microorganisms. The purified air is cooled before being released into the room so it’s safe to touch and keep around children. This means that it’s very safe to use, without any ions, ozone, or UV light involved so you can trust it to purify your nursery or bedroom. Some of its features are:
- Powerful – It moves air through a process of air convection at a rate of 14 m³/hr
- Continous Operation – It’s completely silent as it only produces a noise of 30 dB
- Safe – It doesn’t emit ozone or ions
It’s highly recommended for sensitive people who might feel uncomfortable around devices that emit byproducts or that use filters that retain impurities. Since it doesn’t use any filters or complicated procedures, maintenance is not something you should worry about. Some of its particularities are:
- Automatic – Due to the fact that it’s extremely safe, it has an auto-shutoff protection
- Indicator Light – The indicator light will let you know whether it is operating or not
- Capable – This unit has been designed for large spaces that measure up to 650 sq. ft.
This model is so energy-efficient that it consumes as many watts as a small light bulb. It does not require maintenance or filters, so you don’t have to worry about additional costs. The product moves air through natural air convection, just like the way hot air balloons function. The air intake happens at the bottom and the outflow at the top. If you’re looking for a model that will eliminate harmful ozone, fungus, bacteria, allergens, viruses, mold, dust and more.
1. Air Oasis 3000 G3
The number one choice of customers is the G3 model coming from Air Oasis that can handle rooms as large as 3,000 sq. ft. meaning you can use it in large rooms, offices, and even open spaces. It’s a tower purifier made of aluminum and polymers that bring a classy touch to your home. The manufacturer offers a generous 3-year warranty for this highly-efficient air cleaner. The only maintenance task is to replace the AHCPO cell once every three years when the alert notifies you.
It uses two innovative technologies, namely a photo-catalytic UV lamp that kills carbon-based particles like smoke, mold, and bacteria, and a Bi-Polar ionization technology that releases ions to eliminate impurities from the air. Additional characteristics are:
- Its operating relies on an Advanced Hydration Photo Catalytic Oxidation(AHCPO) that basically neutralizes carbon-based particles and uses hydro-peroxides to disinfect the air
- It’s more energy-efficient than other similar items due to the photo-catalytic operation that doesn’t involve large fans to force the air through thick filters
- You won’t have to worry about noise either and it’s very easy to use as well, with only one button to control it
This model will help you deal with allergies. The airborne dust, dander, and pollen will not wear you down or rob you of restful night sleep. Some of its performance features are:
- The unit is able to reduce aeroallergens of up to 99%. In addition to this, you can say goodbye to unwanted odors and stale air
- With it, you can breathe fresh and healthy air with ease. The purifier can reduce odors and VOCs up to 99%
- It can also get rid of mold, viruses, and bacteria in the air and on surface up to 99%. As you can see, this is currently one of the most efficient product on the market
This product measures 4”x4”x15.5” and it only weighs 6 pounds. This means that you can take it with you wherever you go. Its ozone output is of 0.05 parts per million which mean that it’s not harmful to our health. The positive to negative ion concentration is of 20,000,000 cm3. The greatest thing about this product is the fact that it doesn’t affect your energy bill regardless of how constant you use it. This is because it only uses 15-watts. If you use it daily for 4h continuously, it won’t cost more than a coffee at Starbucks. Furthermore, the unit is made from anodized brushed aluminum and polymers. Thus, it will last for many years to come.
Top 5 Comparison
|Air Oasis 3000 G3||Airfree Onix 3000||LightAir IonFlow Evolution 50||Airfree T800||Envion Ionic Pro Turbo|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|AHCPO and Bi-Polar Ionization||Thermodynamic TSS||Negative Ions||Thermodynamic TSS||Electrostatic|
|Kills 99% of carbon-based molecules like smoke, mold, bacteria, and viruses||Removes mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Eiminates 90% of impurities in the air||Destroys mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Kills 99.9% of bacteria, dust, mold, viruses, odors, and allergens|
|0.05 PPM||0 PPM||0 PPM||0 PPM||0.05 PPM|
|3,000 sq. ft.||650 sq. ft.||540 sq. ft.||180 sq. ft.||65 sq. ft.|
|0 dB||8 dB||5 dBA||10 dB||2 dB|
|0 °F – 120 °F||0 °F – 400 °F||0 °F – 250 °F||0 °F – 320 °F||0 °F – 200 °F|
Filter Vs. Filterless Air Purifier
Every time you encounter a different and more intriguing device, it’s natural to be skeptical until you learn more about it. If filter purifiers never made you question their efficiency because you were familiar with how they worked, things could get tricky with the filterless ones. A quick comparison of the two will help you discover which one is best for you.
In terms of efficiency, the two types provide similar results so you won’t regret choosing any on the two. While one uses a filter to capture air impurities, the other is based on physics to reach the same purpose. However, HEPA purifiers have proven to be more effective in eliminating a wider range of impurities, which is why they are more popular. Also, they are more suitable for people with allergies because they target dust mites and manage to retain more particles from the air.
For some customers, the lack of maintenance is a key feature of filterless purifiers so they opt for this type to eliminate the need to buy and replace filters. This also means that the long-term costs are reduced and there are fewer chances of getting into contact with the dust and debris while cleaning or replacing the filter. Still, the operating of the filterless one is intriguing for many so they prefer going for the regular purifiers or the models with a washable filter.
Whilst the initial cost for a purifier without a filter is higher when compared to the normal ones, you will find that as time passes this turns into an investment. Over time, you will get your money back. The reason why we are highlighting this is that with the usual purifiers, you will have to change the filter every 3 months in order to maintain the same efficiency. Whereas, with a filterless one, all that you will have to do is to clean it.
In order to relieve yourself from allergies, you have to change the way you live and your choices. There are numerous things around your home that can act as a trigger rather than your helping hand. This is why you need to purchase a filter. They are so powerful that they will be able to deal with any possible triggers. In fact, there are no triggers that don’t get eliminated by the purifiers. Below you will find a list of the things that can make you sneeze, have a runny nose, red and itchy eyes, wheeze, and itch.
This is one of the most common triggers that you will find in any household. It’s actually one of the main cause of asthma in children. Your home environment is the perfect area for them to grow and multiply. They enjoy temperatures that are above 75 degrees Fahrenheit and a humidity between 75% to 80%. If the humidity falls below 50% they will simply die.
You can find them in your pillows, mattresses, carpeting, and upholstered furniture. It doesn’t necessarily mean that your house is dirty if you have them. In fact, when you vacuum, they float in the air and settle once you are done.
To minimize them you have to remove any curtains and drapes in the bedroom and keep pets out of the area where you sleep. In addition to this, wash bed linens frequently in hot water and keep humidity low. In order to eliminate them completely, you will need the help of a purifier.
If you’re suffering from allergies since you’re young, you may already know that pollen is found everywhere as it comes from trees, grass, flowers, and weeds. Different people can be allergic to different types of pollen. It’s inevitable for your home to have pollen particles because it comes from everywhere. We are surrounded by it.
In order to manage the number of pollen particles in your home, you need to opt for wood flooring. This is because they are much easier to clean. In addition to this, we recommend that you wear a mask when you thoroughly clean your home. Likewise, with dust mites, it’s best that you keep a purifier in your living room and bedroom especially during spring. That’s when the dust particles double.
You may be already aware that this is a fungus which causes spores that float in the air. If a person comes in contact with a large amount of them, there are dreadful repercussions. Dust allergies may be the least painful one to deal with. As a rule of thumb, you have to remember that there are different kinds of mold. Some you can see and some you don’t.
It’s worthy to mention that mold lives everywhere. This includes fallen tree leaves and your home. Places like your bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. We strongly advise that you seek the help of a specialist to get rid of it completely. Meanwhile, you need an air filter that will suck up those spores way before they get to you.
How Does A Filterless Air Purifier Work
Similarly, to the purifiers with filters, these units will remove the contaminants in the air. The only considerable difference between the two is the fact that you don’t have to spend further money to replace the filters every few months. As you may have noticed, filters such as HEPA are a considerable amount of money. So, if you’re on a budget but you want to breathe fresh and clean air, filterless purifiers are the right choice.
It’s incredibly easy to maintain such a unit. Just because there isn’t a filter it doesn’t mean that you will spend a lot of time cleaning. All that you will need to do is to vacuum the inside of the purifier and clean it with a damp cloth if that’s the case. There are several kinds of filterless purifiers that you can choose from:
- Air Ionizers – The two plates integrated into the unit are electrically charged to sanitize the air. The electrical field will charge the contaminants inside of the purifier and clean air is released back into the room. Furthermore, the other plate works similarly to a magnet. It will attract smaller contaminants to itself and it also charges them. Hence, every small allergen in the room will be trapped and neutralized. An example of such product is LightAir IonFlow Evolution 50. As you can see from the review, it also has an energy-efficient operation.
- Electrostatic Precipitators – If you have a small living space, you will find this type helpful as they are highly efficient at removing contaminants within an enclosed space. If you open such a purifier you will see a number of wires and plates that work together to make a high-voltage electrostatic field.
- Ultraviolet Purifiers – Similarly, to the other types, these units are highly powerful at removing microorganisms that are harmful to your health. This is why you will see a number of purifiers with filters with UV technology built within them. Best of all, they’re not only highly effective but also cost-efficient.
In the majority of cases, customers feel comfortable to run the purifier throughout the day and night as they produce minimal noise. Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean that they’re any less efficient. In fact, many of the models mentioned in this review have more than 3 stages of filtration. Hence, they are capable of removing allergens as small as 0.1 microns. This includes dust, pet dander, and smoke. Additionally, you will no longer need to use air fresheners as the majority of them are designed with optional ionizers.
Without a doubt, all of the models mentioned will work according to your expectation. Regardless, each purifier has been developed with its own purifying technology so you will get the most for your money.
Nonetheless, some are more popular than others. Hence, you should have a second look at the following:
Best Overall: Envion Ionic Pro Turbo
Designed with Ionic Technology which will trap and electrically charge the particles so they get eliminated completely. Hence, there’s no need for a filter. Furthermore, it can also cover a large area of 500 sq. ft. so you can use it for commercial or residential needs.
Also, it uses less energy than a fluorescent bulb. Hence, you don’t have to worry about seeing considerable differences with your energy bill.
Best Programmable Purifier: Honeywell AirGenius 5
This particular model can capture microscopic allergens and up to 99.9% of contaminants that are lingering in the air. Additionally, the oscillation feature means that the whole area, corner-to-corner, will benefit from clean and fresh air.
The 5 air cleaning settings such as slee, germ, allergen, general, and max will ensure that the unit will work according to your needs.
High Coverage Purifier Air Oasis 3000 G3
If you want to cover a large area, this is the only model that can cover over 1,000 sq. ft. In fact, this particular purifier will clean an area of 3,00 sq. ft.
The Advanced Hydration Photo Catalytic Oxidation will capture odor particles. Also, the hydro-peroxide will disinfect the air to eliminate viruses, bacteria, and fungi. If you have health concerns, you should know that it’s safe as it produces only 0.05 parts per million.