Keeping clean air at home should be a top priority for every homeowner who is interested in having a welcoming and healthy living environment. In this matter, an air purifier is the best ally that does an amazing job of removing impurities from the air. If you could see the amounts of impurities in the air that you breathe daily, you wouldn’t think twice before buying an air purifier. Among all the models available, you will find the filterless one that, although seems unlikely, can remove as many air pollutants as the one with a filter. If you are curious to learn more about this intriguing device, keep reading.
7. Honeywell AirGenius 5
This purifier is described to be one of the most advanced models on the market. The reason for this is because it uses innovative QuietClean filtration technology which allows it to capture up to 99.9% of contaminants that are in the air. This includes the ones that you see and microscopic allergens that are as small as 0.3 microns. As well as, it can also remove harmful chemicals. The model is capable of covering an area that measures 250 sq. ft.
Sleek and Smart
- Cleaning Levels – The unit has 5 cleaning settings that you can choose from. Every day you can choose between Sleep, Max, General, Germ, and Allergen options
- Panel – The control panel is touch-screen and the buttons are labeled so you can change the settings with ease
- Oscillation – You have the freedom to turn off/on the oscillation feature
Affordable and Highly Capable
- CADR – This AHAM certified unit has the ability to provide a Clean Air Delivery Rate values of 170 CADR for pollen and up to 161 CADR for tobacco smoke and dust
- Energy-efficient – This model is Energy Star rated which means that it uses as much electricity as a light bulb
- Maintenance – The filter needs to be washed up to 4 times per year
Versatile and Practical
Unlike the majority of the models that are currently on the market, there is no catch with this purifier. If you don’t opt for the optional pre-filter, you don’t have to spend money on replacing filters. The unit is essentially quiet which means that you can allow it to operate throughout the night. As well as, this purifier is for all-around year use. The Germ option is suitable for the cold flu season, Allergen setting is suitable for spring or allergen seasons, and General is suitable for autumn and winter. Thus, you will get the most for your money with the help of this unit.
6. Airfree P1000
This model has been tested in 6 different countries and it has been proven that it kills any type of microorganism that passes through the system, regardless of how small it is. The inside temperature will reach 400-degree Fahrenheit so it can eliminate resistant bacteria as well. You don’t have to worry about your safety as the air is cooled before it comes out of the unit.
Designed With Innovative Features
- Thermodynamic TSS Technology – It uses the same concept as boiling water, it uses heat to kill microorganisms that are lingering in the air
- Filterless Technology – You don’t have to invest further into the product as it doesn’t require any replacement parts of filters
- Ozone-free – It operates without emitting ozone. In fact, there will be no traces of ozone, ions, or UV light. It has been noted that it reduces ozone in the air by 26%.
- Tobacco smoke
- Dust mites
- Pet Dander
The product will be able to do its job without requiring thorough maintenance from your behalf. You will also be thoroughly pleased to know that it has a whisper-quiet operation which means that you won’t be distracted while this filter is operating. It also has a low energy consumption which means that you can keep it functioning throughout the day and night. This model is suitable for rooms that measure up to 450 sq. ft.
5. Envion Ionic Pro Turbo
Out of a series of three models designed to purify the air without using any filters, the Ionic Pro Turbo is the most powerful one. It works perfectly in medium to large rooms so you can trust it to clean living rooms, kitchens, or offices. It’s tall but very slim, with a narrow shape that makes it easy to fit in the tightest corners. It looks more like a tower fan but it’s actually a purifier and even though it’s not the most stylish appearance, it can be very discreet, especially since it’s so silent in operating. It only comes with a 1-year warranty but reportedly, it has a long life expectancy.
It utilizes the ionic technology that electrically charges particles and attracts them in order to leave the air clean and with a pleasant smell. With the front-loading blades, it manages to collect the impurities and it also makes it very easy for you to wipe them off from time to time to keep it clean. Some of its characteristics are:
- Ionic filtration – Smoke and harmful allergen will get caught in the charged collection plates. Therefore, it can remove up to 99.9% of airborne germs
- Permanent filters – You will enjoy the fact that all of the filters are permanent which means that you will be able to save money
- Cleaning indicator – This light will let you know when the time has arrived in order to clean the collection plates
Important Features To Consider
- The unit has been designed without confusing buttons. All it requires is the touch of a single button
- It has a sleek tower design so you can put it anywhere in the room
- It can destroy viruses, staph, and strep bacteria
- It can clean a room up to 500 sq. ft. in one hour
This machine is capable of silently removing pollen, dust, pet dander, and smoke without bringing unnecessary attention to it. Therefore, you will be able to place it wherever you wish in the room. As well as, you should consider purchasing this for someone who isn’t tech-savvy as the buttons are easy to understand. Some of its particularities are:
- Energy-efficient – You will be able to allow the machine to work for the whole day as your energy bill will remain constant
- Blade – The front loading collection blade will make maintenance a hustle-free experience
- Fast – The unit can clean up a room that measures up to 500 sq. ft. within an hour
The reason why we recommend this model is because it has been engineered in order to provide you with efficiency and convenience. All of the features that come with this product are strategically placed in order to ensure maximum efficiency throughout the years. In addition to this, this product is easy to maintain which means that you don’t have to pay a lot of attention to it.
4. Airfree T800
This is another model designed by Airfree that can be used in rooms of 180 sq. ft. only so it’s a more compact and light-duty purifier. It’s smaller in size for easy portability and it can be placed on a shelf without worrying it will fall. This model has the capacity to remove mold spores, dust, pet dander, and pollen. In addition to this, it’s compact and lightweight.
Exclusive Patented Technology
This product has been independently tested in real life working conditions which means that it has proved its efficiency. Every micro-organism that passes through the device through the patented system will be able to be captured. Some of its features are:
- No Ozone – You can rest assured about your safety due to the fact that it doesn’t emit dangerous emissions such as ions, ozone, and UV lights
- Whisper-quiet – The operation won’t make any loud noises which means that you can make it operate throughout the night
- Energy-efficient – It has a low energy consumption which means that you don’t have to worry about the energy bill going up
Design and Specifications
This model is compact and lightweight. It measures 5.1” x 5.1” x 12’ and it weighs 1.5 lbs. This means that you can take it with you wherever you go. In addition to this, it comes with 2-Years warranty which means that you can take it with you wherever you go. Additionally, it also has a consumption of 33-watts which means that it has an energy-efficient operation. Therefore, you can keep it functioning for the whole day.
Smart and Innovative
Based on the same smart technology, it can kill allergens, impurities, mold, pet dander, dust, household odors and bacteria with ease, leaving the air cool and clean. It can draw around 14,000 liters of air daily and it instantly sterilizes it by heating it to 400F. Some of the particularities are:
- Sterilized Air – You can keep it working in scorching hot air due to the fact that the sterilized air will be cooled before being returned to the environment
- Removes Micro-organisms – You will enjoy the fact that you will be protected from the flu and cold since it kills bacteria and viruses
- High Capacity – The purifier has the capability to clean a room that measures 180 sq. ft.
The best part is that no residues are left behind so it can be used even by the most sensitive of you. Since it doesn’t rely on a filter, it’s easier to maintain and it will not involve further costs. It’s covered by the same 2-year warranty as the other Airfree purifier so you can enjoy peace of mind. What’s worthy to mention is the fact that it removes the need for extra costs as the product is filterless.
3. LightAir IonFlow Evolution 50
An air purifier has never looked so stylish and sleek before the development of the Evolution Ion Flow, a high-end device that boasts a very interesting design. It’s powerful enough to handle a 540-sq. ft. room with the ionic technology that releases ions and negatively charges the particles in the air. Once charged, they are attracted by the metal part in the middle that will gradually get dirty depending on how many impurities it collects.
The test results show that it’s capable of removing up to 99% of harmful particulate matter without creating ozone like the majority of other brands. Even though it doesn’t measure a lot, you will find that it can remove:
- Fine dust
- Bacteria and viruses
This model will consume less than 7 watts per hour. That is considerably less than the common purifiers. As well as, the low power usage will allow you to keep it functioning for the whole day. Some of its particularities are:
- It removes bad smells
- Easy to use and maintain
- It doesn’t require filters
It can be placed on the floor or on a table thanks to the wide base that sustains the tower housing made of glass and metal. The light inside the glass part can be turned on or off to complement the rest of your home. When it gets too dirty, you simply remove and wash it then put it back on and it is ready to start the purifying process all over again. During functioning, it only creates 5 dB so it’s virtually silent and discreet. For any problems, you might experience with it, note that it is covered by a 2-year warranty to help you enjoy the highest performance.
2. Airfree Onix 3000
Coming from a series of similar filterless purifiers, this one seems to be the favorite of customers who loved its small shape and ease of use. It can be used in rooms of 650 sq. ft. and it’s generally purchased for bedrooms because it’s very small and has an adjustable nightlight at the top. It’s based on a simple method that provides maximum results in eliminating odors, mold, dust mites, smoke, bacteria, and other allergens in the air. It’s warranted to operate free of defects for 2 years after the purchase date and any malfunction will be handled by the manufacturer.
Smart and Innovative
The patented Thermodynamic TSS technology heats the air inside to 400F to kill even the most resistant microorganisms. The purified air is cooled before being released into the room so it’s safe to touch and keep around children. This means that it’s very safe to use, without any ions, ozone, or UV light involved so you can trust it to purify your nursery or bedroom. Some of its features are:
- Powerful – It moves air through a process of air convection at a rate of 14 m³/hr
- Continous Operation – It’s completely silent as it only produces a noise of 30 dB
- Safe – It doesn’t emit ozone or ions
It’s highly recommended for sensitive people who might feel uncomfortable around devices that emit byproducts or that use filters that retain impurities. Since it doesn’t use any filters or complicated procedures, maintenance is not something you should worry about. Some of its particularities are:
- Automatic – Due to the fact that it’s extremely safe, it has an auto-shutoff protection
- Indicator Light – The indicator light will let you know whether it is operating or not
- Capable – This unit has been designed for large spaces that measure up to 650 sq. ft.
This model is so energy-efficient that it consumes as many watts as a small light bulb. It does not require maintenance or filters, so you don’t have to worry about additional costs. The product moves air through natural air convection, just like the way hot air balloons function. The air intake happens at the bottom and the outflow at the top. If you’re looking for a model that will eliminate harmful ozone, fungus, bacteria, allergens, viruses, mold, dust and more.
1. Air Oasis 3000 G3
The number one choice of customers is the G3 model coming from Air Oasis that can handle rooms as large as 3,000 sq. ft. meaning you can use it in large rooms, offices, and even open spaces. It’s a tower purifier made of aluminum and polymers that bring a classy touch to your home. The manufacturer offers a generous 3-year warranty for this highly-efficient air cleaner. The only maintenance task is to replace the AHCPO cell once every three years when the alert notifies you.
It uses two innovative technologies, namely a photo-catalytic UV lamp that kills carbon-based particles like smoke, mold, and bacteria, and a Bi-Polar ionization technology that releases ions to eliminate impurities from the air. Additional characteristics are:
- Its operating relies on an Advanced Hydration Photo Catalytic Oxidation(AHCPO) that basically neutralizes carbon-based particles and uses hydro-peroxides to disinfect the air
- It’s more energy-efficient than other similar items due to the photo-catalytic operation that doesn’t involve large fans to force the air through thick filters
- You won’t have to worry about noise either and it’s very easy to use as well, with only one button to control it
This model will help you deal with allergies. The airborne dust, dander, and pollen will not wear you down or rob you of restful night sleep. Some of its performance features are:
- The unit is able to reduce aeroallergens of up to 99%. In addition to this, you can say goodbye to unwanted odors and stale air
- With it, you can breathe fresh and healthy air with ease. The purifier can reduce odors and VOCs up to 99%
- It can also get rid of mold, viruses, and bacteria in the air and on surface up to 99%. As you can see, this is currently one of the most efficient product on the market
This product measures 4”x4”x15.5” and it only weighs 6 pounds. This means that you can take it with you wherever you go. Its ozone output is of 0.05 parts per million which mean that it’s not harmful to our health. The positive to negative ion concentration is of 20,000,000 cm3. The greatest thing about this product is the fact that it doesn’t affect your energy bill regardless of how constant you use it. This is because it only uses 15-watts. If you use it daily for 4h continuously, it won’t cost more than a coffee at Starbucks. Furthermore, the unit is made from anodized brushed aluminum and polymers. Thus, it will last for many years to come.
Top 5 Comparison
|Air Oasis 3000 G3||Airfree Onix 3000||LightAir IonFlow Evolution 50||Airfree T800||Envion Ionic Pro Turbo|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|AHCPO and Bi-Polar Ionization||Thermodynamic TSS||Negative Ions||Thermodynamic TSS||Electrostatic|
|Kills 99% of carbon-based molecules like smoke, mold, bacteria, and viruses||Removes mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Eiminates 90% of impurities in the air||Destroys mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Kills 99.9% of bacteria, dust, mold, viruses, odors, and allergens|
|0.05 PPM||0 PPM||0 PPM||0 PPM||0.05 PPM|
|3,000 sq. ft.||650 sq. ft.||540 sq. ft.||180 sq. ft.||65 sq. ft.|
|0 dB||8 dB||5 dBA||10 dB||2 dB|
|0 °F – 120 °F||0 °F – 400 °F||0 °F – 250 °F||0 °F – 320 °F||0 °F – 200 °F|
No Filter vs. Filter Room Purifiers
Every time you encounter a different and more intriguing device, it’s natural to be skeptical until you learn more about it. If filter purifiers never made you question their efficiency because you were familiar with how they worked, things could get tricky with the filterless ones. A quick comparison of the two will help you discover which one is best for you.
In terms of efficiency, the two types provide similar results so you won’t regret choosing any on the two. While one uses a filter to capture air impurities, the other is based on physics to reach the same purpose. However, HEPA purifiers have proven to be more effective in eliminating a wider range of impurities, which is why they are more popular. Also, they are more suitable for people with allergies because they target dust mites and manage to retain more particles from the air.
For some customers, the lack of maintenance is a key feature of filterless purifiers so they opt for this type to eliminate the need to buy and replace filters. This also means that the long-term costs are reduced and there are fewer chances of getting into contact with the dust and debris while cleaning or replacing the filter. Still, the operating of the filterless one is intriguing for many so they prefer going for the regular purifiers or the models with a washable filter.
Whilst the initial cost for a purifier without a filter is higher when compared to the normal ones, you will find that as time passes this turns into an investment. Over time, you will get your money back. The reason why we are highlighting this is that with the usual purifiers, you will have to change the filter every 3 months in order to maintain the same efficiency. Whereas, with a filterless one, all that you will have to do is to clean it.
In order to relieve yourself from allergies, you have to change the way you live and your choices. There are numerous things around your home that can act as a trigger rather than your helping hand. This is why you need to purchase a filter. They are so powerful that they will be able to deal with any possible triggers. In fact, there are no triggers that don’t get eliminated by the purifiers. Below you will find a list of the things that can make you sneeze, have a runny nose, red and itchy eyes, wheeze, and itch.
This is one of the most common triggers that you will find in any household. It’s actually one of the main cause of asthma in children. Your home environment is the perfect area for them to grow and multiply. They enjoy temperatures that are above 75 degrees Fahrenheit and a humidity between 75% to 80%. If the humidity falls below 50% they will simply die.
You can find them in your pillows, mattresses, carpeting, and upholstered furniture. It doesn’t necessarily mean that your house is dirty if you have them. In fact, when you vacuum, they float in the air and settle once you are done.
To minimize them you have to remove any curtains and drapes in the bedroom and keep pets out of the area where you sleep. In addition to this, wash bed linens frequently in hot water and keep humidity low. In order to eliminate them completely, you will need the help of a purifier.
If you’re suffering from allergies since you’re young, you may already know that pollen is found everywhere as it comes from trees, grass, flowers, and weeds. Different people can be allergic to different types of pollen. It’s inevitable for your home to have pollen particles because it comes from everywhere. We are surrounded by it.
In order to manage the number of pollen particles in your home, you need to opt for wood flooring. This is because they are much easier to clean. In addition to this, we recommend that you wear a mask when you thoroughly clean your home. Likewise, with dust mites, it’s best that you keep a purifier in your living room and bedroom especially during spring. That’s when the dust particles double.
You may be already aware that this is a fungus which causes spores that float in the air. If a person comes in contact with a large amount of them, there are dreadful repercussions. Dust allergies may be the least painful one to deal with. As a rule of thumb, you have to remember that there are different kinds of mold. Some you can see and some you don’t.
It’s worthy to mention that mold lives everywhere. This includes fallen tree leaves and your home. Places like your bathroom, kitchen, and bedroom. We strongly advise that you seek the help of a specialist to get rid of it completely. Meanwhile, you need an air filter that will suck up those spores way before they get to you.