T he air we breathe has to be clean and pure because it’s a necessity for us to live a normal life. This is why it’s very important that you ensure that the air is safe and dust-free. Through the purifiers mentioned in this review, you will make sure that you and the ones you love are protected from allergy-causing impurities that are often found in the air. The common pollutants you find in your home are mold, fungi spores, volatile organic compounds. We are told the dangers of them but not many people know how dangerous dust is. If we breathe it in for a long period of time, your respiratory system will get affected.
- 15. LEVOIT LV-PUR131
- 14. Blue Pure 211+
- 13. Winix 5300-2
- 12. RabbitAir MinusA2
- 11. Hathaspace Smart Purifier
- 10. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
- 9. GermGuardian AC4825
- 8. PARTU 136745
- 7. Alen BreatheSmart-Pure
- 6. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air
- 5. Pure Enrichment PureZone
- 4. Hamilton Beach 04386A
- 3. Honeywell HFD-120-Q
- 2. LEVOIT LV-H132
- 1. Honeywell HPA300
- Top 5 Comparison
15. LEVOIT LV-PUR131
Even though it has a capacity of up to 4.5 air changes per hour for a room of up to 360 sq. ft., it’s 100% ozone-free. Hence, there are no negative effects long-term. In addition to this, this model doesn’t use UV-C light or anion purification to clean up the air. Nonetheless, due to the filters integrated, it can capture and remove up to 99.97% of all airborne contaminants.
Air Quality Indicator
The unit will provide you with real-time updates through the indicator lights to let you know how clean the air is. Blue is Very Good, Green is Good, Orange is Moderate, and Red is Bad. Then, the Auto Mode will adjust the speed accordingly. Its design features are:
- Timer – Set the unit from 1 to 12-hrs in advance to make it work on your schedule
- Speeds – Choose between the 3 adjustable speeds or set it on auto mode
- Filter Indicator – The smart algorithm will calculate the real life of the filter according to the situation and not just because the months have passed
You can place this unit anywhere you wish in your home including the bedroom, living room, or office. In addition to this, it will help those with seasonal allergies or those that want to improve the air quality in their home.
Features To Consider
- Dimensions – 22” x 18” x 10.2”
- Capacity – 135 CFM
- Power Consumption – <0. 8W standby, 40-watts rated power
Energy Star and CARB-Certified
To prove its efficiency, this model has been independently tested. The results show that it’s CARB, FCC, and CE-listed. Thus, it meets the strict requirements of American standards. The integrated filters are:
- Pre-filter – This stage will capture large particles such as hair, pet dander, and lint
- True HEPA filter – Here, the dust mites, bacteria, and pollen will be captured
- Activated Carbon Filter – Common household smells, chemicals, and smoke will be removed
This unit is praised for the fact that it has a quiet operation. As it produces a noise level of 27 dB, you will be able to place this purifier in any living space you wish. Furthermore, as it has been launched in 2019, this model has been met to meet the needs of many Americans.
14. Blue Pure 211+
This Swedish advanced designed purifier has the ability to remove up to 99% of airborne pollutants including dust. In addition to this, it has the ability to cover an area of up to 540 sq. ft. As it comes in multiple colors, you can choose between Black, Blue, Pink, Yellow, and Grey.
Low Energy Consumption
You can allow this purifier to work throughout the day as it’s Energy Star rated. The reason for this is because it has a low energy consumption between 30 to 60-watts. Thus, you will not see considerable changes in your electricity bill. Its included filters are:
- Pre-filter – The washable fabric filter will remove all of the large particles such as pollen, pet dander, and lint
- Polypropylene Fibers filter – This stage will remove up to 99% of all allergens including dust, fungi, bacteria, and fungi growth
- Activated Carbon filter – This will remove chemicals, smoke, odors, and VOCs
Similarly, with the other products mentioned, this has been independently tested and certified by AHAM. Hence, you can purchase with confidence.
Features To Consider
- CADR – Dust 350, Pollen 350, Smoke 350 CFM
- Noise – (Low/Med/Hi): 31 dB, 45 dB, and 56 dB
- Dimensions – 21” x 13” x 13”
5 Air Changes Per Hour
This purifier will not leave any air unpurified. Thus, if you suffer due to the allergy triggers, this product is an excellent choice. Furthermore, the indicator light will let you know when to change the integrated filters. The 350 cu. ft. cleaning power means that it can easily cover a large room without consuming time and energy.
The 360-degree airflow will provide fresh, clean, and contaminants-free from corner-to-corner. This unit will remove all dust, bacteria, mold, pet dander, pollen, viruses, smoke, and cooking odors. In fact, any particles that are as small as PM 2.5, will be removed.
13. Winix 5300-2
Made to cover an area of up to 360 sq. ft., this model is what you need for residential or commercial needs. The HEPA filter will capture not only dust but also 99.97% of airborne particles that are as small as 0.3 microns. Therefore, it will wipe out pollen, dust, pet dander, mold, and smoke. In fact, it also has the ability to remove bacteria and viruses. As well as, it can also remove organic chemicals.
This patented technology makes the unit more advanced than ever. The technology will operate at the molecular level to break down microorganisms. Without emitting ozone, it will eliminate allergens such as dust, chemical vapors from the outdoors, and odors from cooking and pets. Other integrated smart features are:
- Air Quality Indicator – You will always know the quality of the air you’re breathing as the indicator lights will change color according to the conditions of the environment
- Auto Mode – As it will constantly monitor the air, it will automatically adjust the fan speed to optimally clean the air. Hence, you don’t have to change the settings by yourself
- Sleep Mode – The unit will automatically sense the lights and movement in the air. Once everyone is settled, it will adjust the speed, dim the indicator lights, and lower the noise level
- Filter Indicator Light – Once, the HEPA filter has reached its full potential, the indicator light will illuminate to let you know that it’s time to change it
Features To Consider
- CFM – (Sleep / Low / Med / High / Turbo) : 35.31 / 70.63 / 91.82 / 123.60 / 240.14
- Energy Star Certified – 3.7-watts on Sleep Mode, 5.7-watts on level 1, 7.7-watts on level 2, 12.1-watts on level 3, 69.5-watts on level 4
- Speeds – The 4 integrated speeds will allow you to choose your comfort level
To ensure that all of the contaminants are removed from the air, the unit has been designed with a number of filters. The air purification process will be achieved through the following filters:
- Advanced Carbon Filter – Such filter will remove odors, and smoke. Wherever you’re cooking, smoking, or cleaning. All of the fumes will be captured by this filter.
- True HEPA – This is the filter that will remove 99.97% of all contaminants
- PlasmaWave Technology – It will remove bacteria, viruses, and other small microorganisms
It’s important to mention that this model will effectively remove the dust from the air. It has been independently tested to prove that it will work according to your expectations. In addition to this, this model is CARB and AHAM certified. Furthermore, it’s also Energy Star Rated so you can allow it to operate throughout the day and night.
12. RabbitAir MinusA2
It can be incredibly difficult to clean the air from the outdoor contaminants. Hence, this is another model that we recommend with confidence. It has the ability to cover an area of 815 sq. ft. and it will also purify and deodorize the air. Hence, you will breathe fresh, clean, and pleasant air throughout the day and night. In comparison with the others, you can choose original designs for the front panel of the purifier.
This is truly a unit that stands out from the rest in the same price range. The numerous filtration stages means that the air is guaranteed to get cleaned. Also, you have the option to choose a customizable filter. This will ensure that the purifier works according to your own specific needs. The included filters are:
- Pre-filter – This stage will remove large contaminants such as dust
- Medium Filter – Any allergen that is larger than 1 micron in size will be removed. This includes pollen, pet dander, and mold
- BioGS HEPA – This stage will remove 99.97% of all contaminants that are as small as 0.3 microns
- Customizable filter – Choose the right filter for you between the Germ Defense, Pet Allergy, Odor Remover, and Toxin Absorber
- Activated Carbon Filter – The charcoal-based filter will eliminate common household odors
- Negative Ion Generator – The negative ions produced will not interfere with you. It will freshen up the air so you can breathe easier
Features To Consider
- Noise – 25.6 to 51.3 dBA
- CADR – 200 Pollen, 193 Dust, 180 Smoke
- Energy Star Certified – 6-watts on Sleep Mode, 8-watts on low, 17-watts on medium, 27-watts on high, 58-watts on Turbo
- Speeds – The 4 integrated speeds will allow you to choose your comfort level
Advanced HEPA Filtration
Similarly, with the other models mentioned in this review, you are guaranteed to not breathe bacteria, chemicals, and other contaminants while you have the purifier operating. Thus, this unit will also remove bacteria, viruses, and mold spores. Some of its features are:
- Air Changes – Depending on the room size, the unit will produce up to 4 air changes per hour
- Versatile – This model can either stand-alone or be mounted on the wall
- Auto Mode –The light sensor will detect when everyone is settled at night. Thus, it will automatically dim the indicator lights, decrease speed, and lower the noise level
You can purchase with confidence because this model comes with a 5-years warranty period. Therefore, if there’s a fault with the workmanship, the company will either exchange it with a new unit or cover the repair costs. Furthermore, the filters have the ability to last for up to 2-years on 12-hrs operation daily.
11. Hathaspace Smart Purifier
Do you suffer due to air pollutants in your home? If so, this purifier will be able to eliminate allergens such as pollen, mold spores, pet dander, and even smoke. In addition to this, it will also successfully get rid of viruses, volatile organic compounds, and bacteria. Furthermore, this particular unit has been designed with a 6-in-1 filter system which means that the contaminated air will pass through 6 stages of purification. Thus, ensuring that it completely removes dust spores.
UV Light Sterilizer
If you want even more purification than the integrated filters, you can turn on the UV light sterilizer and the ionizer. The light will attack airborne germs by targeting their DNA and the ionizer will release negative ions to neutralize any particles that have passed through. Its advanced integrated filters are:
- Nano-Cold Catalyst – As this is the first filter, it will remove large particles such as harmful chemicals like ammonia, benzene, and formaldehyde. As well as, it will also get rid of dust and pet dander
- Activated Carbon – The carbon molecules will eliminate VOC’s, odors, and smoke
- Antibacterial – The nano-materials integrated into the filter will get rid of bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- True HEPA – Such filter will efficiently remove up to 99.97% of contaminants that are as small as 0.3 microns such as dust mites
- Capacity – 350 sq. ft.
- CADR – 160 Clean Air Delivery Rate
- Energy Star Certified – 22-watts on low, 30-watts on medium, 40-watts on high
- Speeds – The 3 integrated speeds will allow you to choose your comfort level
Smart Air Quality Sensor
This sensor will detect the air quality indoors and inform you real-time about the quality of it. In addition to this, this purifier has been designed with numerous innovative features such as:
- Auto Mode – The unit will purify the speed automatically based on the quality of the air
- Sleep Mode – The noise level will decrease to 18 dB and the lights will turn off
- Replace – It will exchange and replace the air at least 2 times per hour
Without a doubt, this model is one of the most versatile purifiers that there are on the market. In order to prove this, it has been independently tested. So, this particular unit is CE, ROHS, CQC, and CB certified which means that it was built according to US standards. Furthermore, it’s important to mention that even though it produces ozone, the rating is of .009 parts per million. Hence, your health won’t be affected if you use this purifier extensively.
10. PARTU HEPA Air Purifier
Are you looking for a compact purifier that you can take wherever you go? If so, you should consider this unit. The reason for this is because even though this model is no bigger than a vase, it has the ability to remove up to 99.9% of dust, pollen, smoke, household odors, mold spores, and pet dander. In fact, it will remove any contaminants that are as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution the size of PM 2.5. Hence, if you have limited living space, this is one of the most suitable purifiers for your needs. Furthermore, the sleek design will bring minimal attention to itself so you can place it wherever you want in the home.
Sometimes the fresh smell isn’t very fresh at all. This is why this purifier has been designed with a fragrance sponge so you can add a drop of essential oil (of your choice) and water to the sponge. As the purifier will purify the air, it will also let out pleasant smells into the air. Some of its design features are:
- Technology-Lock – This feature will ensure that children cannot change the settings as the unit is operating
- Filters – The model has been designed with a pre-filter, HEPA filter, and an Activated Carbon filter
- Speeds – The 3 speeds will allow you to use the purifier throughout the day and night
- Coverage – 107 sq. ft.
- Power Consumption – 12 watts
- Noise Level – 38 – 59 dB
FDA, ETL, and FCC-approved
In order to prove its efficiency, this unit has been independently tested. The numerous certifications that it has received prove that this is one of the best models that you can currently find. Perhaps, what stands out about this model is the fact that it produces minimal noise. For example, at the highest speed, it produces a noise of 59 decibels. Some of its particularities are:
- Germs Killer – The purifier can capture bacteria and viruses in the air
- Allergy Capturing – The HEPA filter will capture up to 99% of all natural allergens
- Smoke Neutralizing – It can capture household odors, tobacco, or wildfire smoke
It’s important to mention that the filters need to be replaced every 3 to 6 months according to how frequently you use the purifier. Nonetheless, the filters are less than $20 which means that you don’t have to make expensive investments.
9. GermGuardian AC4825
Do you suffer from allergies due to excess dust? If so, you should consider this affordable purifier. This model has been designed with a HEPA filter that is capable of capturing 99.97% of dust and allergens that are small as .3 microns. In fact, this purifier is so efficient that is capable of removing bacteria and viruses in the air. Hence, if you have children or people that suffer from a low immune system, this appliance is a must-have.
Independently Lab Tested – AHAM Verified
In order to prove how efficient it is, this purifier has been independently tested using the Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology – Contamination Control Division Recommended Practice 001.6. The results have shown that due to the filters included within the purifier, you will be able to breathe easier. The included filters are:
- HEPA – It can eliminate particles as small as 0.3 microns. This includes mold spores, bacteria, pet dander, and pollen
- Charcoal – Such filter will significantly remove household odors and pets. As well as, it will also remove smoke particles from cigarettes and even wildfire smoke
- UV-C – The light works in combination with Titanium Dioxide in order to remove viruses, bacteria, and germs from the air
Important Features To Remember
- Dimensions – It measures 9 (L) x 5.5 (W) x 22 (H)
- Coverage – It has the ability to cover a room up to 167 sq. ft.
- Speeds – The unit has been designed with 3 speeds
Energy Star Certified
This purifier has met the strict restrictions and guidelines set by the US EPA. Thus, the certificate has been issued in 2018 by the California Air Resources Board. However, even though it doesn’t consume a lot of energy, it still has the power to circulate the air 4x per hour. Some of its design particularities are:
- Filtration – The 3 stage filtration will remove dust, bacteria, and smells from the room
- CADR – The unit is CADR rating of 108 for smoke, 125 CADR for pollen, and 118 CADR for dust
- Indicator Light – Once the filter needs to be changed, the indicator light will let you know
You can consider this model in confidence as it comes with 3-years limited warranty period. This means that if you’re no longer pleased with the quality of it, the company will be able to pay the reparation costs or exchange it with a new unit. In addition to this, you don’t have to worry about expensive filter costs as only 1 filter needs to be changed according to how frequently you use the purifier.
8. PARTU 136745
If you’re looking for a superior quality purifier that is also safe to use extensively, this is the right model for your needs. The reason for this is because it doesn’t produce Ozone. As well as, it has been CARB, FDA, ETL, and FCC-approved. The independent testing from each laboratory proves its efficiency. Additionally, the versatile design of this purifier makes it suitable for people with different needs daily. For example, there are 7 different iridescent night lights and 3 operating modes.
Will Remove Wildfire Smoke
This purifier has been engineered by experts with many years of experience backing them. The True HEPA filter is capable of removing dust, pollen, wildfire smoke, odors, and up to 99.97% of allergens. Some of its capabilities are:
- Remove – It can eliminate particles as small as 0.3 microns and PM 2.5. That means it can effectively remove pet dander, bacteria, and viruses
- Area – The purifier is suitable for an area that measures 161 sq. ft.
- Noise – This model has been awarded for its quiet operation. The reason for this is because on the lowest setting it can produce a noise of 28dB and on the highest, it can reach 48dB
Important Features To Remember
- It has a power consumption of 35-watts
- The 7 different iridescent night lights are red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and purple
- The filter needs to be replaced every 6 to 8 months
Smart Features Integrated
Even though you have experienced a power shortage, the purifier will automatically turn on, on the last chosen settings. This memory function will ensure that the unit will run properly even when you’re not at home. Some of its design particularities are:
- Filtration – The 3 stage filtration will remove allergens and odors from pets and cooking
- CADR – The unit is CADR rated at 104m3/hr
- Speeds – The 3 integrated speeds will allow you to run the purifier throughout the day and night
You have the option to choose whether you want the Anion on or off while the fan is operating. The 3 operating modes include a fan mode that will circulate the air without sterilizing it. If you wish, you have the option to turn on the Anion function that will clean the air from mold spores and bacteria while the fan is operating.
7. Alen BreatheSmart-Pure
This incredibly smart and efficient purifier has been engineered from the great minds of NASA engineers. Thus, it has the ability to cover a large area of 1100 sq. ft. every 30 minutes. If you suffer from allergies due to dust, pollen, and pet dander, this is the right model for your needs. The reason for this is because it can capture 99% of airborne particles that measure 0.3 microns. Therefore, it can remove every particle that is causing you an allergic reaction.
Features To Consider
- WhisperMax Technology ensures this is twice as quiet than the other models on Turbo speed
- The filters need to be changed every 10 months, depending on how frequently you use it
- The timer can be set for 4, 8, or 12 hours
- This model is covered by lifetime warranty against any sudden defects
Complete Removal of Dust
The model has been created in order to allow people with allergies to lead a normal life. This is why it has the ability to filter, remove, and clean so every breath you take is of clean air. In fact, unlike numerous models on the market, this doesn’t produce ozone. It can also:
- BreatheSmart Technology will automatically adjust the speed according to the pollution in your home
- The appliance can detect and let you know how polluted the air is in your home
- The unit has the ability to remove cooking or pet odors
This model is recommended by specialists due to the fact that it can remove pollen, pet hair, dust mites, and odor from the air so you can breathe easy. This model is incredibly smart from every point of view. For example, when you set it on the highest speed, it will produce a Pink Noise which sounds similar to a heavy rainfall. Thus, you can set it to operate throughout the day and night around children and pets.
6. Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air
This product has been engineered for rooms up to 361 sq. ft. It has a CADR rating of 246 for dust, Pollen 240, and Smoke 233 cu. ft. Therefore, it’s able to get rid of allergens with ease. It has been crafted with a 4-stage filtration system such as Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, and Vital Ion. Hence, it’s able to get rid of up to 99.97% of particles that measure 0.3 microns. Thus, it can get rid of pollen, allergens, volatile organic compounds, and reduce odor.
Features To Consider
- The indicator lights will let you know how clean the air surrounding you is
- The fan will automatically shut-off if no pollution is detected
- You can set the timer for 1,4, or 8 hours
- There are 3 speeds to choose from
The brightly colored LED will allow you to control the purifier in low-light conditions. The fan speeds range so you can use it throughout the day and night. If there are no pollution detected after 30 minutes, it will automatically shut off. Some of its characteristics are:
- Filter Life – This model will remove the need for second-guessing as the filter indicator light will let you know when to change it
- Vital Ion – You have the option to turn this particular stage on or off
- Energy-efficient – The speeds can adjust according to the pollution in the air. When the air quality is low, Eco Mode will automatically come on
This sleek model is a must-have for every modern home. The multi-stage filtration has been strategically crafted in order to provide you with clean and purified air. Numerous people all over the world have vouched for this purifier due to the fact that it’s practical and versatile. If you’re looking for a model that will cover large areas efficiently and fast, this is one of the models suitable for your needs.
5. Pure Enrichment PureZone
This is another highly efficient product. The UV-C light safely destroys micro-organisms such as germs, bacteria, and viruses. One of the most convenient features of this product is the fact that it only reaches a noise level of 30 dB. Thus, its operation is whisper quiet. You should know that the model will come with 5-Years warranty so you can rest assured in case something malfunctions. The filter indicator will let you know when the time has come for you to change the filter.
The unit has been designed with an automatic timer that runs up to 2, 4, or 8 hours. After the timer finishes, it automatically turns off. Thus, it’s efficient and practical. If you want the most for your money. Some of its convenience features are:
- Speeds – The 3 speed settings available will allow you to use the machine whenever you find it the most convenient
- UV-C light – The machine will silently kill the bacteria and viruses in your home with the help of this smart technology
- 3-in-1 filter – This machine combines the power of the 3 filters into one
Important Features To Consider
- This purifier has a whisper quiet operation as it only reaches 30 Db
- The filter indicator will let you know when to change the filter
- Lamp life has a maximum operation time of 20,000 hours
- It has the capacity to cover a room up to 200 sq ft
Energy-efficient and Powerful
As you know, there are a lot of contaminants all around us that are slowly but surely damaging our bodies. This is why you have to ensure the purifier is functioning at all times. This product has an energy-efficient operation which means that you can have it functioning for the whole day without worrying that your energy bill will spike up. Some of its capabilities are:
- Versatile – It captures 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold spores
- HEPA filter – This filter is currently one of the most efficient on the market as it can capture microns small as 0.3
- Automatic shut-off – Once the timer will run out, this product has the ability to shut itself off until you re-activate it
The reason why we recommend this product is because it has been designed with 3 speeds and 3 cleaning stages which means that your air will be purified up to 99.97%. In addition to this, this model also has the ability to remove bad smells from your home so you won’t smell like the last meal you’ve prepared. Also, the whisper quiet operation means that you can place it wherever you wish in the room. Even in the baby’s room.
4. Hamilton Beach 04386A
If you find it convenient that you can wash the filter, you should know that this model will allow you to simply vacuum clean it. Thus, you don’t have to waste time waiting around for the filter. Furthermore, the model is designed with 3-speeds. Therefore, you can use it during nighttime or in your child’s room. As a rule of thumb, you should know that on the high speed it has the fastest air cleaning, keep it on medium if you want to use it all day and the lowest speed is for when you want it extra quiet
Powerful and Efficient
What most people don’t understand is the fact that dust mites and pollutants live with us. Whilst they may peak in different seasons, they’re always there. Thus, this model will keep you safe at all times regardless of the season. This is one of the best modes on the market for numerous reasons such as:
- Area Covered – You can use this product in a room that measures up to 160 sq. ft. Thus, it’s suitable for your living room or office space
- Permanent HEPA filter – Due to this superior filter quality, it will get rid of dust mites, pet dander, mold, smoke, and pollen
- High Capacity – The HEPA filter will capture particles that are small as 3 microns. Thus, it will gather the thinnest dust or mold spores
The most important feature to mention is the fact that it has a whisper-quiet operation. When it’s on the lowest volume, it will make a silent hum which is barely noticeable. However, you will have to put your hand in front of the unit if you want to feel the air. Whereas, the highest volume is similar to the noise a fan makes. The product measures 13.54 x 6 x 8.5 inches and you can make it operate horizontally and vertically. In addition to this, it comes with 3 speeds which means that you can make it operate according to your needs.
By considering this model, you will enjoy the fact that you will be ensured efficiency for a long period of time. Due to the fact that it’s so efficient, you will enjoy the fact that it’s highly capable of removing all of the things that are making your allergy worse. Take a look at the list and how practical this model is.
- Dust – This is one of the models that will do an excellent job at reducing dust particles. Therefore, you will never have to worry about dust accumulating in your home. In fact, it has been mentioned that you no longer have to hoover frequently by having this machine
- Odor – In case you’re smoking, you will enjoy the fact that it will remove a large amount of smoke particles from the air. Therefore, some people have suggested that they can smoke inside of the home by having this purifier nearby
- Pollen – If you’re suffering from allergies due to high amounts of pollen, this model will remove the harmful particles from the air and it will even reduce asthma attacks and anxiety
The reason why we recommend this model is because it has been highlighted that you can save up to $49 per year. In addition to this, you can make it operate according to your needs and specifications. As well as, you can use this product in bedrooms, office rooms, dens, and small to medium-sized living areas.
3. Honeywell HFD-120-Q
This model will circulate the air and capture airborne particles that include pet dander, pollen, dust, and smoke. The purifier will circulate air in a standard sized room up to 5 times an hour. Thus, you can breathe with ease regardless of how many hours you spend inside of your home. The greatest thing about this is the fact that the filter is washable. Thus, you don’t have to worry about constantly having to purchase a new filter every 3 months.
Furthermore, the greatest thing about it is the fact that it’s Energy Star Rated. If you’re looking for an energy efficient product that is also practical, you should thoroughly consider this product. In addition to this, it has a Clean Air Delivery Rate of 100. Thus, if you’re suffering from allergies due to dust, this is one of the most suitable models for you. Some of its features are:
- The optimal coverage area is between 170 to 190 sq. ft.
- The air circulates air up to 5 times per hour in rooms of 170 sq. ft.
- The washable pre-filter will capture larger particles without having to change it constantly
Innovative and Smart
This purifier measures 28” x 11” x 10” and it weighs 16 pounds which means that you can position it wherever you want. It can also filter rooms up to 186 sq. ft. in size. Some of its charachteristics are:
- The unit has been designed with an indicator light to let you know when to change the filter
- The 3-speeds are adjustable to fit your own specific needs
- No assembly required so it’s suitable for beginners
This model is Energy Star certified as it only draws about 43 watts. Therefore, you can keep it functioning for 24 hours without seeing changes in your electricity bill. In addition to this, it has a whisper quiet operation which means that you can keep it on for the whole night. Additionally, you can also keep it operating in the child’s room as the noise won’t scare them. In fact, at its lowest setting, the device is whisper quiet. Therefore, you will barely hear anything. However, you will certainly be able to sleep even if the device is running.
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s made with efficient filters. The pre-filter is washable which means that you don’t have to worry about large operational costs. As well as, the 5-Years limited warranty will keep you protected in case of any damages or any concerns. Additionally, even though it’s made with ionizer, it will emit only a little bit of ozone. Nothing too concerning.
2. LEVOIT LV-H132
This product has been designed with a 3-stage filtration system.You will be thoroughly pleased to know that it’s very convenient as it has been designed with 3-speed settings. Low, medium, and high. Furthermore, it uses 60 Hz so you can leave it functioning for the whole night. Don’t worry, its operation is very silent.
It has been created with pre-filter, True HEPA, and activated carbon filter. It’s so powerful that it can clean up to 99.97% of dust, pollen, smoke, odor, mold spores, and pet dander. In fact, it’s able to get rid of any particles that are as small as .3 and pollutants of 2.5 pm. In addition to this, it’s ozone-free. Thus, you don’t have to worry about it producing harmful pollutants whilst getting rid of the existing ones. The included filters are:
- Pre-filter – This takes out all of the large particles that are flying through the air. It takes out things such as airborne bacteria, large mold spores, and pet hair
- TrueHEPA – This filter needs to be charged every 6 months
- Activated Carbon – This will take out any odors. Thus, if you live in a house that prefers cooking exotic smelling meals, your clothes will no longer smell like the last meal you ate
The to smart touch controls are designed to even for those who are not tech-savvy. With a simple touch of a button, you will be able to change between fan speeds. Therefore, you can easily make it operate according to your needs. You will be thoroughly pleased to know that it doesn’t consume a lot of energy. At its maximum speed it can operate on 28W. Furthermore, the fact that there’s a nightlife integrated will bring more ambiance into the room. Thus, enhancing the possibility of a restful night sleep. The people who have already purchased this machine have stated that they usually use this in the child’s room as it makes them feel more relaxed before they sleep.
This has a contemporary design that not many models can boost with. You can use it to improve your health and it’s able to fit in with whatever décor you may have. Even though it hasn’t got a timer, you will still find it efficient and convenien. Its charachteristics are:
- It measures 9.7” x 9.8” x 14.6”
- The area it covers is of 86.1 sq. ft.
- It weighs 6.6 lbs
There’s no hiding the fact that this model has been designed with features that set it apart from its competitors. In case you have any concerns with it, you will be backed by 1-Year warranty. This ensures that in case you have any questions, the customer service team will always be available to deal with any of your concerns. In addition to this, if you don’t like the way it functions, you can return it in the first 30-days from purchasing.
1. Honeywell HPA300
If you have a large space that measures up to 465 sq. ft. to deal with, this is the most suitable air purifier for you. This product is capable to filter dust and pollen using the three filtration stages. It has an activated carbon filter and the HEPA filter. Thus, it’s able to capture up to 99.97% of air particles that are larger than .3 microns. As a rule of thumb, you should remember that our red blood cells measure 5 microns. This model is able to capture particles that are up to 10 times smaller than our red blood cells. This alone shows how efficient it is. Therefore, if you’re suffering from allergies due to dust, this purifier will be your helping hand.
If you’re considering purchasing this product, you should know that it’s simply one of the best on the market. With 25 years of air cleaning expertise, the company has made this model as one of the best. These are some of its performance characteristics:
- Air Circulation – The unit has been created to offer a high rate of air circulation even for a very large space. It’s able to circulate the air in the room up to five times within one hour. Thus, it’s perfect for large homes
- Relief – The product has been specifically designed to capture the germs and bacteria that gets suspended in the air. By thoroughly cleaning the air, you will find that it’s a relief for your respiratory system
- Removes Odor – If your tired of your house smelling like the food you’ve just cooked, you should thoroughly consider this model. It can get rid of smoke and cooking odors
The product measures 22”W x 23.5” H x 13”D. It also has a low profile design which means that you can place it wherever you want around the room. Additionally, you will be pleased to know that it weighs around 21 pounds which means that it’s easy to pick it up and move it wherever you wish as the years pass by. The model comes with 5-Years warranty period so you don’t have to worry if somehow it malfunctions. Arguably, one of the best thing about this item is the fact that it’s Energy Star Rated. This means that it’s energy efficient whilst getting rid of your allergy triggers.
It’s worthy to mention that the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers has awarded this product with various certifications that prove its efficiency and convenience. All of the strict requirements have been met. Below you will find some of the convenience features:
- Clean Air Delivery Rate – This model has a rating of 300 CADR which makes it ideal if you have a range of allergies
- Timer – Even though it only makes a low noise that reaches 30 dB, you can set it to function at a specific time. You can choose between 2, 4, and 8 hours. Thus, you can leave it to function whilst you’re not at home
- Light – When the time has arrived for you to change the filter, the warning light will appear. Therefore, it requires little maintenance
If you want to stop the inconvenience of suffering from a wide variety of allergies, you need to consider this product. You no longer have to worry about pet dander, pollen, dust, mold, and smoke. It’s also powerful enough to get rid of odors and germs. You can relax and breathe easy for as long as you’re inside of the comfort of your own home. Just remember that you need to change the filter every 3 months to ensure practicality and functionality.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Honeywell HPA300||2. LEVOIT LV-H132||3. Honeywell HFD-120-Q||4. Hamilton Beach 04386A||5. Pure Enrichment PureZone|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Filtration and Technology Systems Used
|True HEPA and Activated Carbon||True HEPA and Activated Carbon||HEPA-grade and Activared Carbon||True HEPA and Activared Carbon||True HEPA, Charcoal, and UV-C|
|Kills 99% of aiborne particles as small as 0.3 micron. Such as, pet dander, pollen, dust, mold, and smoke||Removes up to 99% mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Eiminates 99% of impurities in the air||Destroys up to 99% of mold, allergens, dust mites, bacteria, viruses, pet dander, tobacco smoke, and ozone||Kills 99.9% of bacteria, dust, mold, viruses, odors, and allergens|
|465 sq. ft.||86 sq. ft.||170 sq. ft.||160 sq. ft.||200 sq. ft.|
|Tap Controls, Indicator light, and Turbo Clean||Auto Shut-off, Night light, and Indicator light||Oscillation button and Indicator light||Speed Control||Timer, Automatic Shut-off and, Indicator light|
Number Of Speeds
Dangers Of Dust On Lungs
Without a doubt, if your home doesn’t benefit from such a product, your health will deteriorate as the years pass. Nowadays, pollution has reached incredibly high levels so you don’t have an option but to purchase a purifier. Each year thousands of people die due to the negative effects dust has on the lungs. Some of these you will find below:
Large particles that are not removed by the nose or throat will find their way at the end of the airways. If then the macrophage system fails to remove those particles, they will settle in the lung tissue. The more dust particles gather, the bigger the scar will be. What’s difficult to accept is the fact that not many people know that they’re suffering from this. We cannot highlight enough how damaging dust is to your fragile lungs especially for children and the elderly. Large dust particles are:
- Particles lifted off the street by the wind
- Soil and Sand
- Room Dust
Scar tissue forms when the body is repairing itself. This will have a high impact on your body. The more tissue is formed, the more difficult you will find it to breathe. This respiratory disease can then have a negative influence on your daily activities. Just by going from your bed to the porch, you will find that you’re running out of breath as the lungs are filled with scar tissue. The more dust you are swallowing; the more scar tissue you will form. Some of its symptoms are:
- Breathlessness when exercising
- Shortness of breath
- Discomfort breathing when laying on your back
It has been noted that more than 25 million people in the United States are suffering from asthma. Around 7 million of those are children. That’s 1 in 12 people. As you can see, this disease is rapidly spreading due to people’s lack of knowledge about the dangers of dust and pollution. Without a doubt, this number is increasing fast as people do not use a purifier in their home. It’s important to mention that the medical expenses for someone with asthma can reach up to $3,000 per person per year. This is why you must do everything in your power to ensure that you and those you love do not develop this disease.
Keep Your Home Dust-Proof
There’s no hiding the fact that it doesn’t matter how much you clean, you will always find dust in your home. The particles are formed through pollen, dead skin cells, and fibers from clothes. If you clean too much, you will be exposed to the dangers cleaning products bring. This is why you need efficient ways of getting rid of the dust without harming yourself. These are some of the things you can do:
- Change Bedding – One of the best things you can do to get rid of dust and dust mites is by changing the bedding every week. The one is the wash should be washed with hot water and then be put in an allergen-proof cover
- Tidy Closet – If you enjoy keeping your old clothes and things you no longer wear in your closet, you are making a big mistake. By doing this you are creating dust heaven for dust mites. As well as, you will have to deal with a lot of clothes fiber to clean up
- No Carpets – Even though they look amazing and they give a vibe to your home, they are very high maintenance. In order to get rid of all of the dust trapped in its fibers, you have a lot of scrubbing and washing to do. Although a vacuum with a HEPA filter may help, it’s impossible to completely get rid of it if you have carpets
- Clean Properly – You may be surprised to know that a large number of people don’t clean correctly. When you clean, you have to clean the highest surfaces first and then work your way down. Thus, capturing all of the dust that you have missed
Of course, in order to get the best results, we recommend that you keep the windows and doors closed while the purifier is operating. If you want to feel fast results, you will have to set the purifier on the highest speed for at least 30 minutes.
Below are the products that you should give a second thought to:
Best Overall: GermGuardian AC4825
If you’re on a limited budget but you still want a purifier that will eliminate 99.97% of contaminants in the air, this is the most suitable choice.
Furthermore, this has been independently tested by US laboratories to prove that it functions according to US standards.
Fastest Purifier: Honeywell True HEPA HPA300
Such a unit will provide 5 air changes per hour. Therefore, it’s impossible for the dust particles to settle in even if you keep the windows and doors open. Perhaps, on a hot summer’s day, Honeywell will be the best choice for your needs.
In addition to this, it also has the capacity to cover an area of 400 sq. ft. That means that it’s the perfect choice for commercial or residential needs.
Travel-friendly: Hamilton Beach 04386A
You can also consider this model if you’re thinking of traveling to places where your allergy symptoms are peaking. This model is compact and lightweight which makes it your great travel companion.
Additionally, it has been described as one of the quietest model’s on the market. Hence, if you’re looking for a purifier to place in the living room, bedroom, or baby’s room, this is a great model to consider.