Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
N owadays, the indoor air seems to be more polluted than outdoor air, and this is due to many causes, common culprits including tobacco smoke, paint fumes, pet dander, pollen, and many more. Thus, it is important to find ways to filter all the pollutants and viruses that may endanger our health. The Alen BreatheSmart provides the best means, by far, reigning on the market for air purifiers due to its filtering capabilities. It is on the expensive side, indeed, but considering the flawless performance that we will immediately explore, as well as the wide coverage that makes it suitable for medium to large-size rooms, the upfront cost is easily explicable.
- It is an Energy Star certified model that draws 64 watts on the low speed and a maximum of 105 watts when used in Turbo mode.
- If you seek to limit the carbon footprint of the system, you can use the 3 settings of the timer feature to select an operational time span of your choice so that it turns off automatically after the setpoint you opted for is reached.
- Another highlight stands in the Night mode that you should evidently activate during nap hours as it turns off the lights and lowers the fan speed to upkeep a silent environment in the bedroom so that you may rest properly.
|Alen BreatheSmart Spec Sheet|
|Area coverage||1,100 sq. ft.|
|Air purification efficiency||99.97%|
|Filter media||Depends on the model you select: HEPA Pure , HEPA Silver , HEPA Fresh Plus , HEPA OdorCell|
|Air changes per hour||2|
|Air circulation||150/185/225/286 CFM|
|Energy Star certification|
|Noise output||41.5 – 56 dB|
|Filter life||10-12 months|
|Filter check indicator|
|Size||10” x 17.75” x 26.75”|
Aside from boasting a user-friendly design, it can cover up to 1,100 square feet, which makes it suitable for mid-sized to large rooms. It’s important to mention that it uses high-quality filters, like the HEPA-Pure filters that are able to capture even microscopic particles. The filtration system has two layers of sealed filtration that retain particles down to 0.3 microns in size. This device even generates negative ions that clear the air of impurities and bacteria. Moreover, it allows you to opt for automatic operation, more precisely it uses a sensor that will automatically adjust the speed of the fan according to present air quality conditions in the room for optimal performance.
Widely considered as the best air purifier for dust, its capability to tackle impurities as small as 0.3 microns ensures that if you have a dust allergy, it will never act up again while you are at home to help soothe your condition.
- You can adjust the fan speed and choose between a turbo, high, medium or low setting, depending on your preference.
- The air quality sensor is a great addition because it lets users know when the air within the room has reached an optimal quality level.
- The push-button controls make it intuitive and easy to use. Nevertheless, if you find it somewhat hard to program, you can always consult the user manual so that you get more familiar with how it works.
The first thing that you will notice is its design and mainly its size. It is large compared to other models in its price range, but this is understandable considering that it is the best air purifier for basement at the moment. Thus, as it can cover a wider area and is able to pick up more particles from the air, the plus-size is advantageous in the end. These are some of the design characteristics:
- Intuitive controls are labeled clearly so that you won’t struggle to choose various settings or to adjust air filtering capabilities.
- You can choose to turn off all the controls and indicators so that it won’t bother you during the night.
- Despite its size, it is a fairly quiet appliance, although it may become a bit loud if you keep it on high speed for a long amount of time.
Warranty and Support
The Alen company has a reputation for offering good customer support, representatives being available by telephone and email so that all of your questions and concerns receive a prompt response. Furthermore, the system is covered against malfunctions and defects for a lifetime, so as long as you follow proper use instructions, whenever something goes wrong it will be repaired free of charge.
The Alen BreatheSmart is likely the best residential air purifier manufactured yet, the fact that it comes in 4 variants (Smoke removal, Pet odor and dander removal, Mold and bacteria removal, Allergens and dust removal) that you can select between depending on what issue you are most interested in tackling adding to its appeal. It is not a cheap option, sure, but the price is entirely justified by its performance, as well as the fact that it is accompanied by an industry-leading lifetime warranty which best highlights how resilient it is, if you acquire it making a long-term investment. With an efficiency rate of 99.97% regardless of the option you pick as it uses HEPA filtration in the process, your home is sure to become a safe haven from the moment you install it.