Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
T here is nothing more enjoyable than relaxing in a sparkling clear swimming pool. However, it is quite difficult to relax in a dirty pool, even dangerous for your health, but cleaning and vacuuming the water body all by yourself is quite draining and time-consuming. This is why a robotic pool cleaner like the SmartPool 9i comes in handy for pool owners, through the plethora of features and the advanced technologies it uses keeping the pool clean without any effort on your part. Aside from being efficient, it comes at a very affordable price as well.
It is a great choice for in-ground pools up to 20’ in width by 40’ in length by 8’ in depth. It can clean and scrub floors, walls, and waterline in fiberglass, vinyl liner, and concrete pools. Furthermore, it has the ability to clean the floor quite thoroughly, breaking up large debris and algae for vacuuming. Some of its cleaning features are:
- Cleaning Cycle – It is 3 hours long and it comes with an automatic shut-off feature that turns the cleaner off at the end of the cycle.
- Motors – Thanks to its dual direct-drive motors that give it better traction and zero-radius turning while cleaning the pool, it acts quickly when it encounters obstacles.
- Navigation – This model has an intelligent navigation system that aids it change direction without needing to first encounter a wall in its path.
The most interesting element is the quick-drain system as, once it is removed from the pool, the water inside races out for added convenience. It also features a brush-to-port suction that allows it to vacuum up substances, including acorns, leaves, and fine debris. This feature ensures suction from the entirety of the body, including directly beneath it.
Design and Accessories
It flaunts a black plastic finish and it is extremely resistant to damage, and for that alone, it is a worthy consideration. It measures 14.5″ x 18″ x 22.75″ and weighs 13 pounds, which means that it is light enough to transport, even lift from the pool when it is finished. Some of its particularities are:
- Handle – It comes with a convenient carrying handle that allows you to lift it up with no effort. Thus, you don’t have to invest in a caddy.
- Practical – It comes with a 60′ power cord that suits it for pools up to 40′ in length, as well as an extra-large filter bag that spares you of emptying debris too often.
- Energy-efficient – It cleans in-ground pools without spiking up your energy bill.
Ease of Use
It is lightweight and boasts a compact design that allows you to handle it with ease. This is a great device that uses expert prowess while cleaning pools and scrubbing everything from the floor to the waterline. Moreover, it can climb steps and steep slopes with ease. Some of its characteristics are:
- Oscillation – The oscillating brushes scrub any kind of dirt and stains from the floor and walls so you don’t have to do any manual work.
- Propulsion system – It features side propulsions that enable it to reach tough places and tight corners.
- Power Cable – The cable reaches 60′ in length, which means that it can easily clean large pools.
When it comes to operating costs, it is important to know that the SmartPool uses little energy while efficiently picking up dirt, debris, and leaves. It requires no installation and runs without depending on the pump and filtering system of the pool, helping you save time and money. Thanks to its dual direct-drive motor that gives greater traction, more powerful and pinpoint navigation, it is 50% faster at cleaning than similar products.
Warranty and Support
As for the warranty and support, you should know that the manufacturer provides a 4-year guarantee which is a big plus considering the fact that other cleaners are covered only for 1 year. It has been manufactured, inspected, and tested with carefully specified engineering requirements. In simple terms, it is warranted to be free from defects and workmanship under normal use and service. However, the warranty does not include replacements of the filter bag, bottom lid, and brushes. For detailed information, you are free to contact the customer service department.
You likely understand by now why we consider the SmartPool 9i a wise investment for pool owners, placing it among the best robotic pool cleaners on the market. The plethora of innovative features that it comes with make it an exceptional performer, ensuring that it thoroughly cleans the pool without wasting too much time on this task. Additionally, the reasonable price that it comes at makes it affordable for a wider range of customers.
Probably the biggest highlight is the brush-to-port suction that enables it to pick up debris of all sizes. The direct-drive motors ensure a smooth operation and great handling of the pool’s surfaces, even if there are obstacles along the way. It is designed to be used for cleaning in-ground pools that measure up to 40′ in length. Moreover, it is not limited when it comes to the type of pool surface or shape it must work with, so it is most probably the perfect option for you to go with.