Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport
One of the main reasons why the 3900 Sport is a highly desirable pool cleaning tool is the fact that it supplements the pool’s filtration system, adding 40 gallons per minute through the filter bag that it features. Its Wide Trax tires allow it to smoothly go across all the surfaces of the pool and provide them a thorough cleansing. Another element that adds to its desirability is the fact that it can even handle trapping large debris, thus providing extra protection for the pool’s filtration system.
As aforementioned, the Vac-Sweep features wide tires that provide high adherence to the surfaces they cross, thus gliding on them without a problem. Thus, the automatic cleaner can handle cleaning any type of pool, regardless of the material used for its surfaces, no limitations existing from this point of view. Furthermore, it isn’t limited at all when it comes to the shape or size of the pool either, its 31-foot hose ensuring this will be an inexistent issue.
The cleaner might tackle any size pool regardless of its shape or construction, but does it actually perform up to expectations? Seeing how this is our highest ranked pick, the answer is obviously yes! What makes it so effective in its performance is the all-wheel PosiDrive system it utilizes and the stainless steel drive chain features as it provides the cleaner with up to 50% more torque when compared to its direct competitors. Thus, it catches high speeds in order to finish the cleaning cycle fast, and no debris escapes it.
Mention Worthy Details
- Its TailSweep Pro feature provides a great sweeping action.
- Can hold up to 5 liters of debris in the dual chamber SuperBag it features.
- Doesn’t get stuck when cleaning the pool, so your attention won’t be required when it runs.
Automatic Reverse Technology
Since you are interested in making this purchase, it’s obvious that you don’t want to be part of the pool cleaning process. To ensure that your intervention won’t be needed in any point and that your sole responsibility will be to have fun and swim in the pool, the 3900 features the innovative automatic reverse technology. Its role is to help the cleaner set ifself free, without your help, in case it gets stuck in a corner or a tight spot.
- Circulates an additional 40 GPM of water
- Features 3 Venturi jets
- Wide Trax tires ensure a smooth operation
Customer service could be better
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s durable, reliable, and providing you with years of great performance, this automatic cleaner can be yours for a reasonable price, and it is covered with a lengthy 2-year warranty against any defects. This feature also helps reduce energy consumption as the cleaner won’t run without actually tending to its job of eliminating debris and cleaning the water.
Zodiac F1B Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Black Max
Another great pool cleaner that is definitely worth your attention is the Zodiac F1B 360 that easily connects to a dedicated pressure line and that is perfect for use in all types of in-ground pools, no matter their size or shape. With it by your side, you won’t have to lift a finger ever again to clean the pool, that is for sure.
It is able to trap large debris with ease due to the large capacity single chamber bag that it comes with. The advanced technology that it features enables it to clean the pool without requiring a separate booster pump, so you won’t have to make any additional purchases if you go with it. Some of its features are:
- Back-up Valve – The in-line backup valve that it features automatically frees it in case it gets cornered, ensuring that it will clean without any interruption or requiring your interference
- Versatile –It’s palletized in multiples of 16 units and you can purchase as a single unit if you wish
- Hose – The 31-feet of feed hose is included in the package at no extra price
- Easy Installation – You can set it up within 30 minutes without the need of professional help
You will enjoy the fact that the large bottom opening will pick up large debris such as leaves, acorns, and pebbles. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about dirt sticking to the bottom of the pool. In addition to this, it runs off its own booster pump, so it works independently from the rest of the pool system. Some of its characteristics are:
- Warranty – This model is backed by 1-Year limited warranty on parts and 5-Years on the frame
- Black Pools – You will not be able to see the device as it will blend in with the background
- Drive System – The machine is able to drive on a wide range of surfaces regardless if it’s vinyl or fiberglass
- Features 3 Venturi jets
- Features automatic backup
- Does not require a booster pump to operate
- Cleans both the floor and the walls of the pool
Limited waranty period
This is another model that we recommend because the all-wheel belt drive mechanism that it features ensures that it won’t encounter problems when cleaning the walls and bottom of the pool, boasting a smooth and reliable operation. Also, the classic tires that it comes with being able to tackle all types of surfaces with ease, so no matter what material the pool is made with, this model won’t have issues cleaning it.
Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum
Pentair is one of the biggest manufacturers of pool cleaning devices out there, so you should not be surprised at all that the LL505PMG appears in our top. It is the ideal choice to go with for in-ground pools of all shapes and sizes, and it is able to tackle any type of surface as well, so it does not matter what materials the pool is made with. Also, this amazing design ensures a uninterrupted operation.
Beginner-friendly and Capable
The dual thrust jets that it features offer maximum power, ensuring that speed and suction will be optimal in order to clean the pool thoroughly as fast as possible. Some of its features are:
- Versatile – The model has the ability to remove small to large debris including sand, twigs, bugs, and dirt
- Fast – On average, a complete cleaning cycle takes about 1-3 hours, so you won’t have to wait for it to be done too long in order to use the pool
- Efficient – It has the capability to clean concrete, gunite, vinyl-lined, and fiberglass pools
Features Worthy To Remember
- The front-wheel drive system provides superior traction
- The maximum cleaning time is 3-hours
- Best choice for in-ground pools
- It’s available in grey color only
- Dual thrust jets provide an amazing power
- Features automatic backup
- Heavily treaded tires provide maximum traction
- Large intake throat picks up large debris and leaves
It makes a strange noise when operating
This is another popular model because it comes with a large capacity debris channel and a generous intake throat that allows it to pick up even large debris such as leaves and pebbles. In addition, it features heavily treaded tires that provide a great traction even on inclined surfaces. It also allows you to mind your own business while it performs as it won’t require four help at all.
Polaris makes another appearance in our top, this time due to the fact that the manufacturer is responsible for releasing the Vac-Sweep 380. It is powered by triple jets and it is one of the most durable and powerful models on the market. It is suitable for all in-ground pools, regardless of the materials that went into their construction, their shape, or size. It is able to clean a swimming pool in less than 3 hours, so you won’t have to wait long to be able to swim in the pool. It features an innovative filter bag that is able to remove debris before it reaches the filter or pumps basket of the pool. Therefore, it actually helps prolong the life of the filtration system. It features a all-wheel belt drive mechanism that ensures a smooth, continuous and unattended operation.
- Features triple venturi jet vacuum
- Sweephose enables it to clean tight corners and steps
- Features automatic back-up
Requires booster pump that must be purchased separately
This is one of the best sellers due to the fact that the classic tires that it comes with being able to effortlessly tackle any type of surface that they come into contact with. Last but not least, the single chamber debris bag that it comes with ensures that it will be able to store even large debris with ease, the large size that it boasts ensuring that you won’t have to empty it too often.
Although we cannot necessarily categorize it as a cheap purchase, as opposed to most entries on this market that are actually worth the investment, the F5B is indeed more accessible financial-wise. it is compatible with use in all types of in-ground pools, regardless of their shape or the material they are made with. It comes with a 31-foot feed hose that ensures it can cover cleaning the entire pool without a problem. The cleaning cycle takes approximately 3 hours, so not a lot of time is lost on this process. What really makes it stand out is the fact that it not only cleans the floor and walls of the pool, but it can tend to clean the steps as well. It features a filter bad that helps remove the dirt and debris lingering in the pool before it reaches the filtration system, thus helping prolong its lifespan.
- Designed to help prolong the lifespan of the pump basket by preventing debris from reaching it
- Can handle any size pool without a problem
- Features double jets that ensure a fast cleaning speed and a more thorough vacuuming
Limited warranty period
This is another popular model because as it runs off a separate booster, it does not need to rely on your pool system, so it won’t affect it in any manner. Furthermore, it comes with a 5-year warranty for the frames, while the other components are backed by a 1-year warranty.
As there are more than enough types of pool cleaners out there, picking one does indeed get tough. However, if a pressure side model is what peaked your interest, you have come to the right place as here we presented you with the best choices you have at the moment. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport
is the undeniable “champion” on the market right now as it can provide you with a thorough pool cleaning in only 3-4 hours, the 31-foot long hose ensuring it does a great job for all size pools. Another interesting option would be the Zodiac F1B Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Black Max
that not only boasts a modern, unique design but features an all-wheel belt drive mechanism which ensures its pool cleaning performance is hard to top. For those looking for a cheaper pool cleaning solution, the Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend
is the right pick, being able to handle all types of in-ground pools and ensuring a perfect cleaning session which takes a maximum of 3 hours.