Cleaning the pool is the last thing you want to spend your time on, that is for sure. Unfortunately, it is a responsibility that you cannot avoid if you plan on swimming in the pool anytime soon. But there is a solution that you can turn to in order to ensure that you won’t actually put any effort into this chore, the solution coming in the form of a pressure side cleaner. To find out what your best options are, check out the following comparison table.
8. Zodiac 6-130-00T
This above-ground cleaner will keep your pool debris-free with the help of the pumps and filtration system that you already have. This fun and practical cleaner is suitable for pools that are up to 5 feet deep. The Turbo Turtle will ensure that it loosens debris in hard-to-reach areas. As well as, it can also trap large debris such as leaves, pebbles, and dust. By considering this product you will receive all of the accessories you need including a net and a hose.
Patented Jet Sweep
You can enjoy a clean pool with fewer chemicals used due to the fact that this has been designed with jet sweeps. Its characteristics are:
- Filter Bag – The easy-to-remove filter bag will ensure easy maintenance which is suitable for those with limited time on their hands
- Filter – The filter will remove debris before it reaches the pump basket to prolong the filtration system
- Heated Water – The cleaner will move heated water throughout the pool to remove the possibility of cold spots
This model will vacuum the bottom of the pool and sweep the sides within 3-hours. In addition to this, even though this has a fan design, it has a quick installation. Therefore, you can set it up without professional help. Due to the fact that it’s compatible with your current filtration system, you don’t have to invest further.
- Suitable for pools that are up to 5-feet deep
- It can clean hard-to-reach places
- It provides a proper clean within 3-hours
It cannot be pre-programmed
This is another model that we recommend due to the fact that it has an interesting design yet excellent cleaning capabilities. As well as, this model is affordable for all pockets. By considering this cleaner, you won’t have to hand-skim any more.
7. Hayward TVP500C TriVac 500
This model has been crafted with the patented Aqua Drive System which will ensure a low friction wheel drive so it can whatever surface your pool has. As well as, it has also been constructed with a Backup system so it will provide a superior clean at all times. Unlike the other models, you don’t have to worry about thorough maintenance as it has an extra large bag. Thus, you don’t have to constantly clean it and empty the rubbish bag.
Superior Pool Coverage
The reason why this is one of the best models on the market is due to the fact that it can avoid obstacles and ensure that the whole pool surface is covered. Its particularities are:
- Suction Inlet – The large suction inlet has been crafted with 3 high-pressure water jets so it will pick up small to large debris with ease
- Versatile – This model that will clean the pool floor, coves, and wall
- Filter Bag – You don’t have to worry about thorough maintenance as the filter bag is extra large
Excellent Cleaning Capabilities
The powerful sweep hose and the vacuum nozzle will fit your needs as it doesn’t leave debris behind. The back-up sequence will help the cleaner to stay on its cleaning path. Some of its features are:
- Triple Venturi Jet – The cleaner will leave nothing behind as the sweep hose will gather debris from corners, crevices, and ledges
- Maintenance – The top-access filter will ensure that you can easily remove the filter bag
- Booster Pump – The pump is required to be purchased separately. Nonetheless, this pump uses 40% less energy than normal pumps
- Designed with a water-jet propulsion technology
- It can pick up debris on ledges, corners and crevices
- It comes with all of the required hoses and wall fittings
It cannot be pre-programmed
The reason why this model is a best seller is due to the fact that it’s a highly convenient and practical cleaner to have. By using this model you will subsequently use fewer chemicals. Thus, it takes care of the pool and of your health. Above all, it comes with all of the fittings and hoses required so you don’t have to invest further.
6. Zodiac Polaris 165 Vac-Sweep
This versatile cleaner is suitable for all in-ground pools. It has the ability to clean surfaces such as vinyl, fiberglass or concrete. All that you will need to do is to connect it to the booster pump. It comes with a large feed hose which means that it has the ability to cover a medium to a large-sized pool. Similarly, to the other models, the filter bag will gather the debris caught before it reaches the pump basket for prolonged product life.
Numerous Accessories Included
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that it comes with everything included such as hoses, bag, and tail. Thus, you don’t have to invest further. Some of its cleaning capabilities are:
- Climb – This is one of the best models that are currently on the market due to the fact that it has the ability to climb stairs and slope areas
- Torque – It has been made with 50% more torque than numerous models that are currently on the market
- Clean – It can get rid of any type of debris and dirt including large leaves, twigs, and small debris particles
Patented Jet Sweep
Due to this innovative technology integrated, the cleaner will blow the water against the wall in order to crush various debris. This model has been designed to:
- Vacuum the bottom of the pool and sweep the sides within 3-hours
- Circulate the water so your pool requires a limited amount of chemicals
- The hose measures 32-feet which makes it suitable for large pools
- It has the ability to remove any type of debris
- Can handle any size pool without a problem
- Easy to handle by beginners
It has limited features
Without a doubt, this model will not disappoint. The 32-feet of feed hose will ensure that it can cover a large area efficiently. Thus, it will ensure optimal results. By considering this model you will be covered by a 1-year warranty for its parts and 5-years for its frame. If anything damages, you won’t need to cover any repair costs.
5. Zodiac F5B Polaris
This model is suitable for all types of in-ground pools, regardless of their shape or the material they are made with. Thus, you can use on surfaces such as tile, fiberglass, and vinyl. By considering this model, you will receive hoses, tail, and debris bag so you don’t have to invest further into the product. If you’re looking for a model that will clean your pool that comes at an affordable price, this is the right choice for your needs.
- Hose – It comes with a 31-foot feed hose that ensures it can cover cleaning the entire pool without a problem
- Cleaning Cycle – The cleaning cycle takes approximately 3 hours, so not a lot of time is lost on this process
- Climb – This cleaner will not only clean the floor and walls of the pool, but it can tend to clean the steps as well
Practical and Convenient
It features a filter bad that helps remove the dirt and debris lingering in the pool before it reaches the filtration system, thus helping prolong its lifespan. Some of its particularities are:
- Versatile – This unit will vacuum, sweep, and scrub the surface from the top to the bottom within 3-hours
- Booster Pump – In order to make it operate properly, it will require a booster pump
- Material – The thick plastic will ensure that it will maintain quality throughout the years even through extensive use
- Designed to help prolong the lifespan of the pump basket by preventing debris from reaching it
- Can handle any size pool without a problem
- Features double jets that ensure a fast cleaning speed and a more thorough vacuuming
It doesn’t come with a transport caddy
This is another popular model because as it runs off a separate booster, it does not need to rely on your pool system, so it won’t affect it in any manner. Furthermore, it comes with a 5-year warranty for the frames, while the other components are backed by a 1-year warranty.
4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 380
Polaris makes another appearance in our top, this time due to the fact that the manufacturer is responsible for releasing the Vac-Sweep 380. It is powered by triple jets and it is one of the most durable and powerful models on the market. It is suitable for all in-ground pools, regardless of the materials that went into their construction, their shape, or size. Through the large venturi jet vacuum, your pool will be cleaned within 3 hours or less. By considering this model, you will be protected by 1-year warranty.
It features an innovative filter bag that is able to remove debris before it reaches the filter or pumps basket of the pool. Therefore, it actually helps prolong the life of the filtration system. Some of its cleaning capabilities are:
- Climb – The superior traction will ensure that it can climb walls and travel over stairs
- Throat – The large throat will be able to pick up large debris such as leaves, acorns, and pebbles
- Filter Bag – The cleaner will collect debris it reaches the pump basket. This will ensure minimal maintenance on your behalf
It features an all-wheel belt drive mechanism that ensures a smooth, continuous and unattended operation. Its characteristics are:
- Back-up Valve – The back-up valve will ensure that the cleaner doesn’t get stuck. Thus, it will make sure that it has a continuous clean
- Heated Water – The unit will distribute heated water throughout your pool to prevent cold spots
- Hose – The feed hose measures 31-feet which means that it can cover large pools and a fast clean
The all-wheel belt drive will ensure that it will travel smoothly on the pool surface, stairs, and walls. In addition to this, it can also sweep, scrub, and vacuum through dirt. In addition to this, the 2 1/4 vacuum inlet will remove large debris so you don’t have to hand-skim after. This cleaner has been engineered by US experts which means that it will meet your high expectations with ease. In addition to this, it is powered by triple jets for a superior clean and excellent vacuum capabilities. In order to make this work, you have to remember that it requires a booster pump.
- Features triple venturi jet vacuum
- Sweephose enables it to clean tight corners and steps
- Features automatic back-up
Requires booster pump that must be purchased separately
This is one of the best sellers due to the fact that the classic tires that it comes with being able to effortlessly tackle any type of surface that they come into contact with. Last but not least, the single chamber debris bag that it comes with ensures that it will be able to store even large debris with ease, the large size that it boasts ensuring that you won’t have to empty it too often.
3. Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum
Pentair is one of the biggest manufacturers of pool cleaning devices out there, so you should not be surprised at all that the LL505PMG appears in our top. It is the ideal choice to go with for in-ground pools of all shapes and sizes, and it is able to tackle any type of surface as well, so it does not matter what materials the pool is made with. Also, this amazing design ensures a uninterrupted operation.
Beginner-friendly and Capable
The dual thrust jets that it features offer maximum power, ensuring that speed and suction will be optimal in order to clean the pool thoroughly as fast as possible. Some of its features are:
- Versatile – The model has the ability to remove small to large debris including sand, twigs, bugs, and dirt
- Fast – On average, a complete cleaning cycle takes about 1-3 hours, so you won’t have to wait for it to be done too long in order to use the pool
- Efficient – It has the capability to clean concrete, gunite, vinyl-lined, and fiberglass pools
Features Worthy To Remember
- The front-wheel drive system provides superior traction
- The maximum cleaning time is 3-hours
- Best choice for in-ground pools
- It’s available in grey color only
- Dual thrust jets provide an amazing power
- Features automatic backup
- Heavily treaded tires provide maximum traction
- Large intake throat picks up large debris and leaves
It makes a strange noise when operating
This is another popular model because it comes with a large capacity debris channel and a generous intake throat that allows it to pick up even large debris such as leaves and pebbles. In addition, it features heavily treaded tires that provide a great traction even on inclined surfaces. It also allows you to mind your own business while it performs as it won’t require four help at all.
2. Zodiac F1B Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Black Max
Another great pool cleaner that is definitely worth your attention is the Zodiac F1B 360 that easily connects to a dedicated pressure line and that is perfect for use in all types of in-ground pools, no matter their size or shape. With it by your side, you won’t have to lift a finger ever again to clean the pool, that is for sure.
It is able to trap large debris with ease due to the large capacity single chamber bag that it comes with. The advanced technology that it features enables it to clean the pool without requiring a separate booster pump, so you won’t have to make any additional purchases if you go with it. Some of its features are:
- Back-up Valve – The in-line backup valve that it features automatically frees it in case it gets cornered, ensuring that it will clean without any interruption or requiring your interference
- Versatile –It’s parallelized in multiples of 16 units and you can purchase as a single unit if you wish
- Hose – The 31-feet of feed hose is included in the package at no extra price
- Easy Installation – You can set it up within 30 minutes without the need of professional help
Powerful and Efficient
You will enjoy the fact that the large bottom opening will pick up large debris such as leaves, acorns, and pebbles. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about dirt sticking to the bottom of the pool. In addition to this, it runs off its own booster pump, so it works independently from the rest of the pool system. Some of its characteristics are:
- Warranty – This model is backed by 1-Year limited warranty on parts and 5-Years on the frame
- Black Pools – You will not be able to see the device as it will blend in with the background
- Drive System – The machine is able to drive on a wide range of surfaces regardless if it’s vinyl or fiberglass
- Features 3 Venturi jets
- Features automatic backup
- Does not require a booster pump to operate
- Cleans both the floor and the walls of the pool
Limited warranty period
This is another model that we recommend because the all-wheel belt drive mechanism that it features ensures that it won’t encounter problems when cleaning the walls and bottom of the pool, boasting a smooth and reliable operation. Also, the classic tires that it comes with being able to tackle all types of surfaces with ease, so no matter what material the pool is made with, this model won’t have issues cleaning it.
1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport
One of the main reasons why the 3900 Sport is a highly desirable pool cleaning tool is the fact that it supplements the pool’s filtration system, adding 40 gallons per minute through the filter bag that it features. Its Wide Trax tires allow it to smoothly go across all the surfaces of the pool and provide them a thorough cleansing. Another element that adds to its desirability is the fact that it can even handle trapping large debris, thus providing extra protection for the pool’s filtration system.
As aforementioned, the Vac-Sweep features wide tires that provide high adherence to the surfaces they cross, thus gliding on them without a problem. Thus, the automatic cleaner can handle cleaning any type of pool, regardless of the material used for its surfaces, no limitations existing from this point of view. Furthermore, it isn’t limited at all when it comes to the shape or size of the pool either, its 31-foot hose ensuring this will be an inexistent issue.
The cleaner might tackle any size pool regardless of its shape or construction, but does it actually perform up to expectations? Seeing how this is our highest ranked pick, the answer is obviously yes! What makes it so effective in its performance is the all-wheel PosiDrive system it utilizes and the stainless steel drive chain features as it provides the cleaner with up to 50% more torque when compared to its direct competitors. Thus, it catches high speeds in order to finish the cleaning cycle fast, and no debris escapes it.
Mention Worthy Details
- Its TailSweep Pro feature provides a great sweeping action.
- Can hold up to 5 liters of debris in the dual chamber SuperBag it features.
- Doesn’t get stuck when cleaning the pool, so your attention won’t be required when it runs.
Automatic Reverse Technology
Since you are interested in making this purchase, it’s obvious that you don’t want to be part of the pool cleaning process. To ensure that your intervention won’t be needed in any point and that your sole responsibility will be to have fun and swim in the pool, the 3900 features the innovative automatic reverse technology. Its role is to help the cleaner set ifself free, without your help, in case it gets stuck in a corner or a tight spot.
- Circulates an additional 40 GPM of water
- Features 3 Venturi jets
- Wide Trax tires ensure a smooth operation
Customer service could be better
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s durable, reliable, and providing you with years of great performance, this automatic cleaner can be yours for a reasonable price, and it is covered with a lengthy 2-year warranty against any defects. This feature also helps reduce energy consumption as the cleaner won’t run without actually tending to its job of eliminating debris and cleaning the water.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport||2. Zodiac F1B Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Black Max||3. Pentair LL505PMG Kreepy Krauly Platinum||4. Polaris Vac-Sweep 380||5. Zodiac F5B Polaris|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|All types of in-ground pools||All types of in-ground pools||All types of in-ground pools||All types of in-ground pools||All types of in-ground pools|
|3-4 hours||3 hours||1-3 hours||3 hours||3 hours|
Debris Bag Design
|Dual chamber||Single chamber||Single chamber||Single chamber||Single chamber|
|All-wheel PosiDrive system||All-wheel belt drive||Front-wheel belt drive||All-wheel belt drive||All-wheel belt drive|
Size Of Feed Hose
|2-Years||2-Years||2-Years||2-Years||5-year warranty for frames, and 1-year warranty for the other components|
As there are more than enough types of pool cleaners out there, picking one does indeed get tough. However, if a pressure side model is what peaked your interest, you have come to the right place as here we presented you with the best choices you have at the moment. The Polaris Vac-Sweep 3900 Sport is the undeniable “champion” on the market right now as it can provide you with a thorough pool cleaning in only 3-4 hours, the 31-foot long hose ensuring it does a great job for all size pools. Another interesting option would be the Zodiac F1B Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Black Max that not only boasts a modern, unique design but features an all-wheel belt drive mechanism which ensures its pool cleaning performance is hard to top. For those looking for a cheaper pool cleaning solution, the Pentair LL505G Kreepy Krauly Legend is the right pick, being able to handle all types of in-ground pools and ensuring a perfect cleaning session which takes a maximum of 3 hours.