Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
I f you are the proud owner of a home pool, you should be smart when it comes to maintenance and use the Polaris 9550 for the job of cleaning your pool. This in-ground robotic pool cleaner is able to clean pools that measure up to 60 feet in length. For more information regarding its performance and what it has to offer, continue to read this review. Here you will find everything you need to know about it.
It offers floor, waterline only, floor/wall, and custom cleaning modes. It can tackle any surface, as it includes a solid brush, ready to push harder on the areas where dirt is difficult to remove. Some of its features are:
- Climb Steps – It can climb the walls with ease, and even the stairs don’t represent any obstacle in its way. Therefore, it will clean your pool’s water and surfaces to perfection
- Vortex Vacuum Technology – This feature gives it 25% more vacuum power when compared to other units on the market in order to provide excellent results
- ActiveMotion Sensor Technology – Automatically controls its position at all times, providing unmatchable navigation
Driven by a 4-wheel system, it boosts incredible stability. Furthermore, the rear propulsion system allows it to continue its job even if it encounters tight corners, which are known to gather dirt.
Design and accessories
It has a gorgeous, modern design. It weighs 21 pounds. It measures 16.9 inches in width, 18.9 inches in depth, and 10.6 inches in height. The cable is 70 feet long, enabling it to clean pools that measure up to 60 feet in length. Some of its particularities are:
- Caddy – It is made of premium materials and is easy to assemble on the spot
- Programmable – The weekly timer that it features allows for full cycle customization so you can control it according to your own needs
- Remote Control – You can use the remote control to maneuver the settings from a distance as it has a wide range
|Polaris 9550 Spec Sheet|
|Navigation Technology||ActivMotion Sensor|
|Cable Length||70 feet|
|Filtering System||Filter canister|
|Tangle Free Swivel|
|Number of Scrubbing Brushes||2|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Ease of use
As we already mentioned, it comes with a useful, high-quality transport caddy that is incredibly easy to assemble and doesn’t require the use of tools. The assembly instructions can be found in the manual that comes with the product. Some of its particularities are:
- Automated Lift System – This makes removing the unit from the pool incredibly easy. This system will move it toward the edge of the pool, and then it will drive it to the surface for easy removal. More details and instructions about the Lift System can be found in the manual that comes with it
- Dirty Canister Indicator – It eliminates the guesswork, announcing you when it is time to empty the filter canister
Another aspect that makes it very easy to use is the fact that it comes with a handheld remote control. The directional commands that the remote control offers are forward, backward, turn left, turn right, and stop. Also, the remote features the Lift System button that you press when you want to remove the machine from the pool.
The 9550 costs just pennies per day to operate, reducing energy consumption by nearly 90%. The feature that helps it be energy efficient is the ActiveMotion Sensor technology that keeps track of it, finding a short path that it should follow to finish cleaning the pool faster. This feature, combined with the Vortex Vacuum technology that gives the robot a superior suction power, makes it the ideal choice to go with if you are looking for an energy-efficient model.
In the following table, we will list common symptoms that the 9550 robot pool cleaner might encounter, explain their causes, and provide you with easily fixed to these issues. As you will notice, some problems can be easily fixed by you, while others will require professional assistance.
|Error code appears on display just after start.||
|Flashing lights appear when the robot is cleaning the pool.||
|The robot does not climb sidewalls.||
Warranty and Support
It is backed by a 2-year warranty. During this period of time, the Polaris 9550 will be repaired or replaced if anything happens to it. If you encounter any problems with the cleaner, contact the technical support team on the telephone number listed on the manufacturer’s website. You will receive the needed help promptly, the seriosity of the technical team being praised by all people who have purchased the product already.
It is one of the best examples of excellence in the market. Not only does it boast an impeccable design that is granted by the clean lines and modern appearance, but it is accompanied by numerous features that help make its performance flawless. Being recommended for pools that measure a maximum of 60 feet in length, it is the perfect choice to go with no matter if you have a small, medium, or large swimming pool. The 4-wheel drive technology that it features provides enhanced stability and reliable overall performance. It boasts impeccable navigation through the pool, navigation that is granted by the ActiveMotion Sensor technology. Due to the fact that it is produced by one of the most serious and renowned manufacturers out there, there is no need to worry about the durability aspect. Additionally, it is backed by a generous warranty that further proves just how much the manufacturer trusts this product. We view it as a must-have for all pool owners out there, and we strongly recommend that you invest your money in it if you want to keep the pool clean without actually putting any effort into the pool maintenance process yourself.