Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
T he water of your pool must be cleaned regularly, in order to be safe for the swimmers. Furthermore, you need to use a cleaning machine that will clean not only the water but the walls and the floor as well, for a great result. We strongly recommend the Dolphin Escape robotic pool cleaner. It is quite affordable, and it is one of the most efficient devices of this type available on the market today. It works very well on above ground pools, and for more information about it, you should continue reading this review.
Design and accessories
The Escape has a massive filter cartridge that can easily be lifted out through the device’s top-access door. It measures 22.2 x 17.7 x 12.5 inches, and it weighs 14 pounds. It has a modern and attractive design, and its finish is a combination of three colors: silver, black, and blue. Some of its particularities are:
- Direct Drive – This robot features a direct drive, which means that there won’t be any belts to replace. Thus, you will be able to save money as you don’t have to invest further
- Cable – The cleaner comes with a 40 feet thermoplastic rubber cable that will reduce frictional drag
- Motor – The model has been designed with dual 24-volt DC motors which means that it ensures superior cleaning whilst using minimal energy
- Navigation – The microprocessor-controlled pool scanning will ensure a complete efficient swimming pool surface coverage
When you actually buy a robot, what matters the most is without a doubt the cleaning performance. From this point of view, you can definitely trust it. The robot will ensure your swimming pool is deep cleaned and stunning. With its great features including the SmartNav 2.0 and HyperBrush with ultra-fine filtration, this cleaner will allow you to focus on what is truly important: enjoying pool ownership. Some of its characteristics are:
- Smart Scanning – It is the machine’s way to make sure the whole surface is being taken care of. Thus, it creates a map of the pool that helps it identify stairs and corners, along with dirty spots and the spots that have already been cleaned. By following the map, the machine won’t clean the same space twice and thus will save time and energy
- Traction – Continuous rubber tracks mean better surface contact, which is essential when dealing with slippery surfaces
- SmartNav Robotic Scanning – Thanks to the high-powered HyperBrush that this device has, a new depth of clean is being reached. For most swimming pools, just one vacuum is not enough to remove algae and other build-ups attached to the wall. However, it comes equipped with the HyperBrush that will deliver a level of clean not available in other above-ground models.
Ease of use
It is hard to surpass when it comes to ease of use as all that it requires you to do is to plug it in and let it clean the pool. Maintenance work is a cinch as well due to the easy access to the filter cartridge. When it is necessary to clean it, simply take the cartridge out, wash it, let it dry, and store it back inside the unit. Some of its characteristics are:
- Construction – The grip is high and the thread was optimized for water, which, along with the geometric shape allow it to move easily and hold on to the walls
- Fast – It takes it is 1.5 hours to clean. As well as, it can filter up to 75 gallons per minute for remarkable water quality
- Practical – Thanks to the ability to identify drains and ladders, this machine will certainly not get hung up like ordinary cleaners
|Dolphin Escape Spec Sheet|
|Cable Length||40 feet|
|Filtering System||Fine Filter bag|
|Tangle Free Swivel|
|Number of Scrubbing Brushes||1|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Due to the fact that this pool cleaner has continuous rubber tracks, it will actually keep constant contact with the surface. Therefore, no more slipping or wasted energy. Furthermore, thanks to the mapping system that allows the robot to know exactly where it has and has not been, the cleaning time will highly be reduced, which means that, again, you will reduce your energy costs. All in all, this cleaner will definitely reduce energy costs up to 90% over AC powered cleaners. The operating costs are approximately 5 cents per hour.
Warranty and Support
The manufacturer provides for the Dolphin Escape a 1-year warranty. Furthermore, you will also be provided with a 30-day money-back warranty, which means that you can actually try this device in your pool for this period of time, and if you are not 100% satisfied, you can just return it. A Customer Service Department is available for further information.
Although nothing is truly perfect, this model from Dolphin is as close to perfection as it gets. The definite biggest highlight is the fact that it features the innovative SmartNav 2.0 technology that enables it to calculate and take the shortest cleaning path when cleaning your pool. This means that not a lot of time will be wasted on the task of cleaning the water and surface of the pool. Also, it ensures that energy consumption will be as low as possible.
The actual operating costs of this robotic device are 5 cents per hour, and considering the fact that a cleaning cycle usually takes only an hour and a half, there will be little expenses added when the energy bills come. Due to the fact that it is capable of filtering a maximum of 75 gallons of water per minute, it will remove the impurities that lurk in the pool’s water fast and effectively. It is designed for pools that measure up to 40 feet in length, and it features a thermoplastic rubber cable that ensures frictional drag won’t occur. Additionally, another element that we loved when reviewing it is the fact that it allows easy access to the filter cartridge so that maintenance work is made easy.