Highly convenient to use as it lets you find out the pool water’s temperature regardless of your location, whether you are indoors or outdoors, the WS-20 is a must-have for any pool owner who dreads venturing in water that is too cold. It comes at a reasonable price and what it is highly regarded for is its accuracy in the readings it provides. The comprehensiveness of its operation is hard to top, any issue that you might have with using it being covered in the accompanying user manual.
There are two thermometers included in the package, more precisely a wireless model and the floating thermometer. The floating thermometer measures 8.5 inches in length, 4.2 inches in width, and 3.7 inches in height, and you simply have to dip it in the water for it to start reading the temperature. As well as, it features an 8-channel selectable switch. Some of its particularities are:
- Range – In open air, under ideal conditions, it provides a 300-foot line of sight wireless transmission
- LCD – The LCD display makes it easy to read temperatures off of it when you are outside, while the 60-second update rate ensures the provided temperatures are of actuality
- Wireless Thermometer – The wireless thermometer included works outdoors when the temperature ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and updates the readings it provides once every 60 seconds
In addition to displaying the readings that the other thermometers pick up so that you may learn what the pool water temperature is without getting out of the house, the console also reads indoor temperature. Some of its particularities are:
- Locations – It can be used to monitor up to 8 different locations at a time, and it requires 4 AAA batteries to run
- Re-sync – Its re-sync mode really comes in handy as it ensures reception between it and the thermometer will be automatically reestablished in case an interruption occurs
- LCD Size – It features a clear LCD screen that measures 3.75 inches in length and 3.5 inches in width
- Console – The console itself measures a mere 4.5 inches in length, 5 inches in height, and 1 inch in width
Mention Worthy Details
- Provides convenient dip switch selectable remote channels.
- Its outdoor operational temperature ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sends off audible and visual alarms when the temperature passes the minimum and maximum settings you have set.
- Perfect for all fluid based operations, not limited to use in the pool.
Line of Sight
The product’s line of sight is one of the main interest points as it shows what is the distance that can be kept between the transmitter and the receiver. With the WS-20, you enjoy a great line of sight ranging up to 300 feet in ideal conditions where there are no serious obstructions along the way. However, in most conditions, where thick walls and other impediments exist on the path between the two, the line of transmission provided is of approximately 100 feet.
- Impressive update rate once every 60 seconds ensures correct temperature readings
- Selectable switch lets you choose any of the 8 different channels
- LCD display offers a convenient, easy manner to keep track of the pool water
- Battery backup ensures it will never cease to operate, regardless of the conditions
Customer service could be better
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that with an update rate of 60 seconds, you are ensured of the fact that the provided readings are of actuality. It comes with a console and the thermometer itself, a wireless transmission existing between the two. Furthermore, if anything interrupts the transmission, the re-sync mode reestablishes the connection so that no operational issues exist.
If you are looking to purchase an efficient swimming pool thermometer that is able to read your water temperature from both indoors and outdoors, then the WS-14 is the best choice you can make. This device is waterproof and floats on the surface of the water. It has a sensor display and will wirelessly transmit the water temperature to the display console.
By using this product, you can get a reading on the outdoor and indoor temperature. In addition to this, it’s fully waterproof which means that it will resist even in extreme weather conditions. Also, it has the capacity to float on the water so you will never lose it. Some of its features are:
- Wireless Transmission – The sensor will display the relevant information and wirelessly transmits it to the display console
- Wide Capability – You will have the flexibility to add up to 7 additional sensors in order to ensure reliability
- Leak –free – The screw on lid construction is designed with internal gasket which will ensure a leak free and water resistant performance
- Dip Switches – Each sensor has been engineered with dip switches in order to allow easy channel selection and units of measure
It has an 8-channel selectable switch that will allow you to monitor the temperature from up to eight different locations. It also has a sensor search mode that can be used to re-sync sensors without re-inserting or removing batteries. Some of its characteristics are:
- Wide-range – It has a capability of 300 ft under ideal conditions and 100 ft under extreme weather conditions
- Fast Update – The console will update every 60 seconds in order to allow reliability
- Battery Back-up – You can rely on this additional battery when the 4 x AAA 1.5V alkaline or lithium batteries finish
- Water resistant design
- It includes one remote
- Easy to use by beginners
- Affordable and Reliable
The wireless signal will not penetrate solid metal
This is another model that we recommend because it comes with one remote and 7 sensors that can be added for comprehensive monitoring. It is important to know that each sensor has dip switches for units of measure and channel selection. As well as, it’s affordable for a wide variety of pockets which means that you don’t have to go broke by purchasing this high-quality product.
Walfront Digital Floating Pool Thermometer
A water temperature device for the pool that you can rely on, the Walfront is one of the more accessible options price-wise, and one of the most accurate as well. The floating transmitter it comes with is waterproof, and it is perfect to use in indoor as well as outdoor swimming pools. Nonetheless, some customers have used for hot tubs and even lakes. All you will need are 2 AAA 1.5 V batteries for the display console and 2 AA 1.5 V batteries for the remote sensors.
It can withstand providing readings in water that has a -58 to 140-degrees Fahrenheit temperature, while the indoor temperature it can read ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Its 100-meter wireless transmission line is pretty standard when compared to what other pool temperature measuring devices provide. Some of its features are:
- Historical measurement – A bar graph will allow you to monitor temperature readings from 1 hour to 3 days ago
- Freeze Warning – You will be alerted when the temperature drops below 40-degrees
- Powerful – The wireless transmission can pass through thick walls and long distances
Important Features To Remember
- It has a tabletop and wall-mountable design
- It has been designed with rubber side bumpers
- It has a weatherproof and waterproof construction
- You will be covered by 1-Year warranty period
User-friendly and Convenient
This product will allow you to read the temperature even if you’re up to 100 ft away. If you’re not at home yet you still care about the information, the device has the ability to present you with immediate information from 1 to 3 hours ago. Some of its particularities are:
- LCD Display – The display will show you information in bold numbers which means that they are easy to understand
- Updates – You will receive information that updates every 90 seconds on the remote control
- Range – It has a large measuring range which means that it will provide accurate results continuously
- 90-second update rate
- Easy to use – simply follow the instructions provided in the manual
- Accessible price makes it perfect for those who are on a budget
Limited warranty period
This is another popular model because it boasts a 90-second update rate which ensures live, accurate readings. The power display console is powered by two AAA alkaline batteries, while the remote sensors are backed by two AA alkaline batteries. Furthermore, it is backed with a 1-year warranty by the manufacturing company. Additioanlly, you will enjoy the fact that you can set it up fast even if you’ve never used such product before.
The BO-SPWT12 is another great choice for all those who want to find out what the temperature of their swimming pool is. This is a multi-functional model that receives 3 channels water temperature. It monitors both maximum and minimum record of indoor and water temperature, helping you discover the increases and decreases in water temp over time. Moreover, it is important to know that the device measures the indoor temperature from 0C to +50 C, while the outdoor temperature range is -40C to +60C. The receiver needs 2 AAA 1.5 V alkaline batteries, while the transmitter uses 2 AA 1.5 alkaline batteries.
- The housing is of high-quality materials
- Affordable and easy to use
- Easy to set up by beginners
Made with a few smart features
This is one of the best sellers due to the fact that even though the batteries are not included, but it won’t be hard to find batteries when they run out. Plus, you can use rechargeable batteries if you want to be more eco-friendly. This waterproof and floating outdoor transmitter also comes with other features, including a calendar from 2000 to 2099 and a time alarm function with snooze.
Swimline First-Class 9250
This swimming pool solar model is definitely worth to consider in case you are planning to monitor the temperature of your pool water. It has a large, and easy to read LCD display, which provides information about the water temperature. Additionally, it includes a solar powered battery. This means that it is powered by the sun and you do not have to change or recharge the batteries. The device measures from 0°C to +50°C and 32°F to 122°F. It also comes with a nylon tether that will help you secure it to your pool ladder or deck. However, if this seems too complicated, you can simply place it in your skimmer basket.
- Easy-to-read display
- Water resistant material
- Great value for money
Customer service could be improved
This is another popular model because nowadays, most people are using it, because it is affordable, it has a compact design and it is easy to read. In short words, it provides a lot of benefits. Therefore, if you tired of using your old mercury style thermometers, you need to consider this high quality and first-class digital device.
Etekcity 1022D dual Laser Thermometer
This dual-laser model is the latest gadget to use if you want to be provided with efficiency and practicality. It has a precision of ≥100°C±2% and it can measure temperatures ranging from 58°F~1022°F. The auto shut-off feature will turn off the device when you don’t use it for 2 minutes. As well as, the LCD screen is easy to be understood by beginners and it’s also backlit. This means that you will be able to use the gadget regardless of the conditions. Additionally, the low battery indicator light will let you know when the batteries are running low. Therefore, you will never accidentally run out of batteries. Furthermore, the excellent material will protect the gadget if you use it for temperature above boiling point and below freezing temperatures. Thus, you can use it in different seasons without worrying about its functionality or accuracy. For best results, we recommend that you hold it approximately 14.17” from the pool.
- Designed with unit conversion
- Suitable to measure different temperatures not just the pool
- Large LCD screen
Made with a few smart features
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s versatile. You can use this thermometer anywhere and on anything you want to know the temperature of. All you will need to do is to insert 1 x 9V battery and scan the item. You will get a fast reading of the exact temperature.
Useful Troubleshooting Guide
Pool thermometers, just like all other digital products, can be faced with functionality issues. A troubleshooting guide comes in handy as there are common malfunctions that usually occur, and the fixes to these issues are generally easy. To put it in better words, you will likely be able to resolve certain problems without having to call the customer support department and ask for guidance or call in a professional to repair the product.
||How to Fix It
|Wireless remote does not communicate with the station
|You have passed the line of sight communication range. You must move closer to the remote sensor.
|Remove and reinsert the batteries. The station might have exited the search mode.
|Move the station away from other wireless transmitters or receivers, TVs, laptops, and all electrical noise emitting devices.
|Make sure that there is not an earth barrier or solid metal wall in the path of the remote sensors.
|Install new batteries – go with lithium-ion.
|Weak display station contrast
||Batteries are running out of power – replace them.
|Different temperature displayed on the station and the remote sensor
||When the transmission is intermittently lost, the station and the sensor disagreeing on results, you must take the thermometer to a professional service.
There is a real need for a thermometer in the swimming pool, as you most likely have already understood after reading this article. Otherwise, how can you tell when the temperature is right for you to jump in? If you have paid attention to what you read, you are already aware why the Ambient Weather WS-14
is our number 1 pick. Not only is it intuitive to use, an advantage not to be taken lightly, but it provides a wireless transmission line of sight of up to 300 feet, more than what most similar products offer. However, this is not to say that our other entries are less qualitative as the Pellor BO-SPWT12
can monitor the water temperature in three different locations, while the Swimline First-Class 9250
is a desirable option as it is solar powered.