Do you want to make sure that the temperature of the pool’s water is perfect before you get in it? Of course, you do! But for this, you need to use a pool thermometer, just like the ones shown in the comparison table below. These thermometers are able to accurately display what the temperature of the water is, ensuring that you and your loved ones won’t enter the water when it is too cold. Best of all, these items come with features and accessories that make them highly convenient to use, like display consoles that even allow you to monitor the temperature without leaving the comfort of your own home. But let’s not waste time and get to find out what the best thermometers on the market are.
8. B&H Duck Thermometer
This floating duck is not only a thermometer but also a clock. This thermometer will show the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit so you can easily read it. You don’t have to worry about safety as it has an alarm which will let you know whether the temperature is high or low. If the water is too high, the device will flash and beep so you will know straight away. In addition to this, you can allow it to float for numerous hours under direct sunlight due to the fact that it has been made from ABS and PVC materials. As well as, it also has been made from Plexiglas material. Even though it has been made from ABS, it’s BPA-free which means that it won’t contaminate the water. In order to make it work, you will need to use 2 LR44 batteries.
- Easy-to-read display
- The material doesn’t contaminate the water
- Fun and quirky
It has to be cleaned once in a while
Without a doubt, this product is loved by parents that want to provide something fun and quirky for their children. All of the materials used are safe and it doesn’t contaminate the water even if it’s kept in the water for many hours. Even though it doesn’t have a professional design, it doesn’t mean that it’s any less accurate.
7. Milliard Floating Thermometer
This floating thermometer is 7” tall and it shows temperatures in Fahrenheit and Celsius. Even though it floats, you don’t have to worry about it escaping as it has been designed with a rope tether which will keep it close to the edge. It has a fun bear-shaped top which will be a great accessory for your pool. It’s also capable of maintaining quality throughout the years as it has been made from ABS plastic. Thus, it can withstand extensive use. Without a doubt, even though it has a fun design, it’s one of the most accurate thermometers on the market. As well as, you will be thoroughly pleased to know that it’s suitable for saltwater pools.
- Easy-to-read display
- Water resistant material
- Durable and reliable
The polar bear has to be cleaned once in a while
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s accurate and versatile. It has a fun design and it’s also accurate. It can read a temperature of up to 122-degrees Fahrenheit which means that you can rely on it to provide you sufficient and reliable information for your pool.
6. Etekcity 1022D dual Laser Thermometer
This dual-laser model is the latest gadget to use if you want to be provided with efficiency and practicality. It has a precision of ≥100°C±2% and it can measure temperatures ranging from 58°F~1022°F. The auto shut-off feature will turn off the device when you don’t use it for 2 minutes. As well as, the LCD screen is easy to be understood by beginners and it’s also backlit. This means that you will be able to use the gadget regardless of the conditions. Additionally, the low battery indicator light will let you know when the batteries are running low. Therefore, you will never accidentally run out of batteries. Furthermore, the excellent material will protect the gadget if you use it for temperature above boiling point and below freezing temperatures. Thus, you can use it in different seasons without worrying about its functionality or accuracy. For best results, we recommend that you hold it approximately 14.17” from the pool.
- Designed with unit conversion
- Suitable to measure different temperatures not just the pool
- Large LCD screen
Made with a few smart features
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s versatile. You can use this thermometer anywhere and on anything you want to know the temperature of. All you will need to do is to insert 1 x 9V battery and scan the item. You will get a fast reading of the exact temperature.
5. Aquatix Pro Jumbo
This accurate product will provide a reading in Fahrenheit and Celsius so you can read them with ease. It has the ability to show a maximum temperature of 120 Fahrenheit or 50 Celsius. Due to the fact that it is jumbo size, you are no longer required to squint your eyes. Therefore, it’s much easier to know the exact temperature. It has also been crafted from thick plastic which means that it’s shatterproof. It has also been designed with a large integrated pocket so you can easily read it out of the pool. Therefore, you can use it for hot tubs, pools, and ponds. The reason why this model is popular all over the world is due to the fact that it floats. Thus, you will no longer deal with spills and difficult handling.
- Easy-to-read display
- Water resistant material
- It floats
Customer service could be improved
This is another popular model because nowadays, most people are using it, because it is affordable, it has a compact design and it is easy to read. In short words, it provides a lot of benefits. Therefore, if you tired of using your old mercury style thermometers, you need to consider this high quality and first-class digital device.
4. GAME 2700 Surfin Shark
This is another model that can show temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius. It has a special design which means that it will bring good attention to the pool. It has been made from durable plastic so it’s shatterproof. Thus, the same quality will be maintained throughout the years. The product measures 9” H x 3-1/2” in diameter which means that it won’t take up too much space. The tether is included so you don’t have to invest further. Also, it has an intriguing design so you can leave it to float for as long as you wish. You will have the ability to choose between a shark, pineapple, duck, clownfish, and tiki. If you’re fun and quirky, you will love this thermometer.
- The housing is of high-quality materials
- Made from shatter proof material
- Easy to read
Made with a few smart features
Without a doubt this is an accurate and safe thermometer. It doesn’t have mercury or other harmful chemicals so you can trust it not to contaminate the water. In addition to this, you will be thoroughly pleased that the product will float rather than sink.
3. Walfront Digital Floating Pool Thermometer
A water temperature device for the pool that you can rely on, the Walfront is one of the more accessible options price-wise, and one of the most accurate as well. The floating transmitter it comes with is waterproof, and it is perfect to use in indoor as well as outdoor swimming pools. Nonetheless, some customers have used for hot tubs and even lakes. All you will need are 2 AAA 1.5 V batteries for the display console and 2 AA 1.5 V batteries for the remote sensors.
Resistant and Durable
It can withstand providing readings in water that has a -58 to 140-degrees Fahrenheit temperature, while the indoor temperature it can read ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Its 100-meter wireless transmission line is pretty standard when compared to what other pool temperature measuring devices provide. Some of its features are:
- Historical measurement – A bar graph will allow you to monitor temperature readings from 1 hour to 3 days ago
- Freeze Warning – You will be alerted when the temperature drops below 40-degrees
- Powerful – The wireless transmission can pass through thick walls and long distances
Important Features To Remember
- It has a tabletop and wall-mountable design
- It has been designed with rubber side bumpers
- It has a weatherproof and waterproof construction
- You will be covered by 1-Year warranty period
User-friendly and Convenient
This product will allow you to read the temperature even if you’re up to 100 ft away. If you’re not at home yet you still care about the information, the device has the ability to present you with immediate information from 1 to 3 hours ago. Some of its particularities are:
- LCD Display – The display will show you information in bold numbers which means that they are easy to understand
- Updates – You will receive information that updates every 90 seconds on the remote control
- Range – It has a large measuring range which means that it will provide accurate results continuously
- 90-second update rate
- Easy to use – simply follow the instructions provided in the manual
- Accessible price makes it perfect for those who are on a budget
Limited warranty period
This is another popular model because it boasts a 90-second update rate which ensures live, accurate readings. The power display console is powered by two AAA alkaline batteries, while the remote sensors are backed by two AA alkaline batteries. Furthermore, it is backed with a 1-year warranty by the manufacturing company. Additionally, you will enjoy the fact that you can set it up fast even if you’ve never used such a product before.
2. Ambient Weather WS-14
If you are looking to purchase an efficient swimming pool thermometer that is able to read your water temperature from both indoors and outdoors, then the WS-14 is the best choice you can make. This device is waterproof and floats on the surface of the water. It has a sensor display and will wirelessly transmit the water temperature to the display console.
By using this product, you can get a reading on the outdoor and indoor temperature. In addition to this, it’s fully waterproof which means that it will resist even in extreme weather conditions. Also, it has the capacity to float on the water so you will never lose it. Some of its features are:
- Wireless Transmission – The sensor will display the relevant information and wirelessly transmits it to the display console
- Wide Capability – You will have the flexibility to add up to 7 additional sensors in order to ensure reliability
- Leak –free – The screw on lid construction is designed with internal gasket which will ensure a leak free and water resistant performance
- Dip Switches – Each sensor has been engineered with dip switches in order to allow easy channel selection and units of measure
It has an 8-channel selectable switch that will allow you to monitor the temperature from up to eight different locations. It also has a sensor search mode that can be used to re-sync sensors without re-inserting or removing batteries. Some of its characteristics are:
- Wide-range – It has a capability of 300 ft under ideal conditions and 100 ft under extreme weather conditions
- Fast Update – The console will update every 60 seconds in order to allow reliability
- Battery Back-up – You can rely on this additional battery when the 4 x AAA 1.5V alkaline or lithium batteries finish
- Water resistant design
- It includes one remote
- Easy to use by beginners
- Affordable and Reliable
The wireless signal will not penetrate solid metal
This is another model that we recommend because it comes with one remote and 7 sensors that can be added for comprehensive monitoring. It is important to know that each sensor has dip switches for units of measure and channel selection. As well as, it’s affordable for a wide variety of pockets which means that you don’t have to go broke by purchasing this high-quality product.
1. Ambient Weather WS-20
Highly convenient to use as it lets you find out the pool water’s temperature regardless of your location, whether you are indoors or outdoors, the WS-20 is a must-have for any pool owner who dreads venturing in water that is too cold. It comes at a reasonable price and what it is highly regarded for is its accuracy in the readings it provides. The comprehensiveness of its operation is hard to top, any issue that you might have with using it being covered in the accompanying user manual.
There are two thermometers included in the package, more precisely a wireless model and the floating thermometer. The floating thermometer measures 8.5 inches in length, 4.2 inches in width, and 3.7 inches in height, and you simply have to dip it in the water for it to start reading the temperature. As well as, it features an 8-channel selectable switch. Some of its particularities are:
- Range – In open air, under ideal conditions, it provides a 300-foot line of sight wireless transmission
- LCD – The LCD display makes it easy to read temperatures off of it when you are outside, while the 60-second update rate ensures the provided temperatures are of actuality
- Wireless Thermometer – The wireless thermometer included works outdoors when the temperature ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and updates the readings it provides once every 60 seconds
In addition to displaying the readings that the other thermometers pick up so that you may learn what the pool water temperature is without getting out of the house, the console also reads indoor temperature. Some of its particularities are:
- Locations – It can be used to monitor up to 8 different locations at a time, and it requires 4 AAA batteries to run
- Re-sync – Its re-sync mode really comes in handy as it ensures reception between it and the thermometer will be automatically reestablished in case an interruption occurs
- LCD Size – It features a clear LCD screen that measures 3.75 inches in length and 3.5 inches in width
- Console – The console itself measures a mere 4.5 inches in length, 5 inches in height, and 1 inch in width
Mention Worthy Details
- Provides convenient dip switch selectable remote channels.
- Its outdoor operational temperature ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sends off audible and visual alarms when the temperature passes the minimum and maximum settings you have set.
- Perfect for all fluid based operations, not limited to use in the pool.
Line of Sight
The product’s line of sight is one of the main interest points as it shows what is the distance that can be kept between the transmitter and the receiver. With the WS-20, you enjoy a great line of sight ranging up to 300 feet in ideal conditions where there are no serious obstructions along the way. However, in most conditions, where thick walls and other impediments exist on the path between the two, the line of transmission provided is of approximately 100 feet.
- Impressive update rate once every 60 seconds ensures correct temperature readings
- Selectable switch lets you choose any of the 8 different channels
- LCD display offers a convenient, easy manner to keep track of the pool water
- Battery backup ensures it will never cease to operate, regardless of the conditions
Customer service could be better
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that with an update rate of 60 seconds, you are ensured of the fact that the provided readings are of actuality. It comes with a console and the thermometer itself, a wireless transmission existing between the two. Furthermore, if anything interrupts the transmission, the re-sync mode reestablishes the connection so that no operational issues exist.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Ambient Weather WS-20||2. Ambient Weather WS-14||3. Walfront Digital Floating Pool Thermometer||4. GAME 2700 Surfin Shark||5. Aquatix Pro Jumbo|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Line Of Sight
|300 feet||300 feet||100 feet||100 feet||100 feet|
|433 MHz||433 MHz||433 MHz||433 MHz||433 MHz|
|Solar powered with battery backup||Solar powered with battery backup||Alkaline batteries||Battery powered||Solar powered with battery backup|
|Transmitter and receiver||Transmitter and receiver||Transmitter and receiver||Transmitter and receiver||N/A|
|1-Year||1-Year||1-Year||6-months||30-day money back guarantee|
Useful Troubleshooting Guide
Pool thermometers, just like all other digital products, can be faced with functionality issues. A troubleshooting guide comes in handy as there are common malfunctions that usually occur, and the fixes to these issues are generally easy. To put it in better words, you will likely be able to resolve certain problems without having to call the customer support department and ask for guidance or call in a professional to repair the product.
|Problem||How to Fix It|
|Wireless remote does not communicate with the station|
|You have passed the line of sight communication range. You must move closer to the remote sensor.|
|Remove and reinsert the batteries. The station might have exited the search mode.|
|Move the station away from other wireless transmitters or receivers, TVs, laptops, and all electrical noise emitting devices.|
|Make sure that there is not an earth barrier or solid metal wall in the path of the remote sensors.|
|Install new batteries – go with lithium-ion.|
|Weak display station contrast||Batteries are running out of power – replace them.|
|Different temperature displayed on the station and the remote sensor||When the transmission is intermittently lost, the station and the sensor disagreeing on results, you must take the thermometer to a professional service.|
There is a real need for a thermometer in the swimming pool, as you most likely have already understood after reading this article. Otherwise, how can you tell when the temperature is right for you to jump in? If you have paid attention to what you read, you are already aware why the Ambient Weather WS-14 is our number 1 pick. Not only is it intuitive to use, an advantage not to be taken lightly, but it provides a wireless transmission line of sight of up to 300 feet, more than what most similar products offer. However, this is not to say that our other entries are less qualitative as the Pellor BO-SPWT12 can monitor the water temperature in three different locations, while the Swimline First-Class 9250 is a desirable option as it is solar powered.