D o you want to make sure that the temperature of the pool’s water is perfect before you get in it? Of course, you do! But for this, you need to use a pool thermometer, just like the ones shown in the comparison table below. These thermometers are able to accurately display what the temperature of the water is, ensuring that you and your loved ones won’t enter the water when it is too cold.
Best of all, these items come with features and accessories that make them highly convenient to use, like display consoles that even allow you to monitor the temperature without leaving the comfort of your own home. But let’s not waste time and get to find out what the best thermometers on the market are.
- 12. MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer
- 11. Davespa Floating Thermometer
- 10. eLander Large Pool Thermometer
- 9. Yowosmart Wireless Pool Thermometer
- 8. B&H Duck Thermometer
- 7. Milliard Floating Thermometer
- 6. Etekcity 1022D dual Laser Thermometer
- 5. Aquatix Pro Jumbo
- 4. GAME 2700 Surfin Shark
- 3. Walfront Digital Floating Pool Thermometer
- 2. Ambient Weather WS-14
- 1. Ambient Weather WS-20
- Top 5 Comparison
12. MotherMed Baby Bath Thermometer
With the help of this product, you will remove all of the guesswork regarding the temperature of the water. This model will provide you an accurate read within 1 minute. Thus, you don’t have to wait around meaninglessly. Also, to provide you with the most for your money, you can use it as water or a room thermometer. Many parents have mentioned that it can be used as a fun toy for the pool or bathtub.
LED Warning Light
You don’t have to look at the digital display to know how hot or cold the water is. The digital display will flash red when the temperature is above 102.2-degrees Fahrenheit. This means that it’s not safe for the child to enter the pool. Its design features are:
- Automatic Shut-off – If it has detected that it hasn’t been used in 30 minutes, it will automatically shut off
- Intermittent Measurement – The reading will refresh every 5 seconds to ensure an accurate read
- Alerts – When the water is too cold, you can read “Cold” on the digital display
All of the units that have left the factory are waterproof and temperature tested. Thus, you can allow the child to play with the toy as long as they wish.
Features To Consider
- Range – Temperature testing range between 32 ℉ to 122 ℉
- Dimensions – 3.7″(L) x 3.8″(W) x 1.3″(H)
- Power – 1 CR2 battery
To ensure safety at all times, the material is BPA-free. Thus, it won’t contaminate the water if it’s kept in the pool for a long period. Furthermore, even though it requires batteries, the battery space is sealed so it’s impossible for the water to enter that section.
- It can be used as a fun toy in the pool
- Suitable to be used as a room thermometer
- The display will let you know if the water is cold, hot, or just right
It has to be cleaned once in a while
This model has been trusted by numerous parents. Due to its efficiency, you can rely on the thermometer to provide you with accurate results. Additionally, to save energy, it will automatically shut itself off. Thus, providing you with one less worry to think about.
11. Davespa Floating Thermometer
Similarly, to the majority of the models mentioned in this review, this floating thermometer will provide you with an accurate read of the temperature without the fuss. It has a large reading display so you will be able to read the temperature from a distance. Best of all, the temperature is displayed in Fahrenheit and Celsius. Thus, it can reach up to 100-degrees in Fahrenheit and 40-degrees in Celsius.
Shatter Resistant Material
You can use this model regardless of the type of water you have in the pool. In addition to this, you can allow it to float in the beaming sun without having to wory about its durability. In fact, you can use this product in:
- Hot tub
- Fish ponds
As you may have noticed, this is another model that will provide you with the most for your money. Best of all, you can use this thermometer in one place and then place it in another area without having to worry that it’s detrimental to its accuracy.
You don’t have to worry about your safety even if you forget about this product long-term in fish ponds, pools, or aquariums. Even though the thermometer is accurate, it doesn’t have any mercury, so even if it does damage, you or the fish will not be exposed to health risks.
- The display is large
- It provides a wide temperature range
- Accurate readings
The material is prone to get dirty
As you can see from the picture, this model has a simple white design. The display is large which means that you will be able to read the conditions of the water from a distance. The material is also strong and corrosion-resistant.
10. eLander Large Pool Thermometer
This large thermometer is suitable to be used for a range of swimming pools, fish ponds, spas, and hot tubs. Hence, for an affordable price, you will be able to use it for many years regardless of what your needs are. As you can see from the product picture, this thermometer has a simple design yet it doesn’t mean it’s any less efficient. If you’re looking for a model that will bring minimal attention to itself, this is the right choice for your needs.
You don’t have to worry about not being able to understand the numbers as they can be clearly seen from a distance. In addition to this, the classic design means that everyone can understand the temperature of the pool and spa even without any experience with such product. Some of its design features are:
- Reading – The temperature reads up to 120-degrees Fahrenheit or up to 50-degrees Celsius
- Glass – The shutter-resistant glass will prevent it from losing quality throughout the years
- Tether – In order to ensure that it stays in one place, the tether is included at no extra price
Important Features To Consider
- The thermometer floats
- The cap can be removed so the thermometer sinks for a deeper temperature reading
- It can be used in salt water pools
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that it will take around 20 seconds to get an accurate read. In addition to this, as the plastic is thick, you can leave it in the pool throughout the hot seasons as it won’t damage due to severe weather conditions.
- Easy-to-read display
- Basic design with low-profile design
- Accurate readings
It has to be cleaned once in a while
We recommend this product because it comes at an affordable price for all but the quality is just as good as the more expensive ones. If you’re looking for a cheap yet accurate thermometer, this is the right one for your needs.
9. Yowosmart Wireless Pool Thermometer
This is another digital model that will measure the temperature from the room and of the pool. By considering this model you will get the most for your money due to the fact that it’s suitable for the pool, spa, bathtub, and fishpond. You can purchase this product in confidence due to the fact that you will be covered by a 1-year warranty period. In fact, you will get your money back within 30-days if you’re not happy with the quality of it.
The pool sensor measures 6” (H) x 3.5” (W) x 3.5” (D). It will continuously float so you don’t have to worry about your safety. The sensor has been designed with features such as:
- Accuracy – This is one of the most accurate model on the market as it has been designed with +/-1°C ability
- LCD – You don’t have to use the console to read the temperature as the sensor has its own display
- Battery – The sensor has been designed with a solar panel so you aren’t required to invest further
Important Features Integrated
- Temperture – The temperature range is between 32-degrees to 140-degrees Fahrenheit
- Transmission – It has a data transmission time of 30 seconds
- Distance – The working distance is of 100 meters
- It can be used as a clock, alarm, and calendar
- It can record indoor and outdoor temperature
- The temperature can be read in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Easy-to-read display
- The console batteries will last for 12-months
- Excellent customer service
It has to be cleaned once in a while
You can purchase this model in confidence as the company guarantees quality throughout the years. In addition to this, it has a low-profile design which means that it won’t bring unnecessary attention to itself.
8. B&H Duck Thermometer
This floating duck is not only a thermometer but also a clock. This thermometer will show the temperature in Celsius and Fahrenheit so you can easily read it. You don’t have to worry about safety as it has an alarm which will let you know whether the temperature is high or low. If the water is too high, the device will flash and beep so you will know straight away.
In order to make it work, you will need to use 2 LR44 batteries.
Complies Toy Safety Standards
In addition to this, you can allow it to float for numerous hours under direct sunlight due to the fact that it has been made from ABS and PVC materials. As well as, it also has been made from Plexiglas material. Some of its features are:
- Temperature Range – The thermometer will record a temperature between 32-degrees to 122-degrees Fahrenheit
- Digital Display – The display is easy to understand as the numbers are large and bulky
- Clock – This unit is also a clock and can be used as a room thermometer as well
Even though it has a fun design, it doesn’t mean that you should fear it or use it for a limited time. Even though it has been made from ABS, it’s BPA-free which means that it won’t contaminate the water.Some of its safety features are:
- Edges – There are no sharp edges that will harm people in the pool
- Temperature – The unit will display real-time temperature so you will always know the conditions of the environment
- Battery – This has been designed with a sealed battery which means that it will ensure safety
- Easy-to-read display
- The material doesn’t contaminate the water
- Fun and quirky
It has to be cleaned once in a while
Without a doubt, this product is loved by parents that want to provide something fun and quirky for their children. All of the materials used are safe and it doesn’t contaminate the water even if it’s kept in the water for many hours. Even though it doesn’t have a professional design, it doesn’t mean that it’s any less accurate.
7. Milliard Floating Thermometer
Even though it floats, you don’t have to worry about it escaping as it has been designed with a rope tether which will keep it close to the edge. It has a fun bear-shaped top which will be a great accessory for your pool. It’s also capable of maintaining quality throughout the years as it has been made from ABS plastic. Thus, it can withstand extensive use.
Accurate and Fun
Without a doubt, even though it has a fun design, it’s one of the most accurate thermometers on the market. As well as, you will be thoroughly pleased to know that it’s suitable for saltwater pools. Some of its particularities are:
- Tether – The string will prevent it from floating in the skimmer basket as you can tie it to a specific place
- Temperature – The temperature will be displayed in Fahrenheit and Celsius
- Size – The thermometer measures 7-inch in height so you can read the temperature from a distance
Fast and Versatile
As this is one of the best models that are currently on the market, you will be able to use it in your swimming pool and hot tub. In addition to this, you only need to keep the thermometer inside the water for a few minutes before the first read. As the temperature changes, the unit will change according to the water conditions.
- Easy-to-read display
- Water resistant material
- Durable and reliable
The polar bear has to be cleaned once in a while
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s accurate and versatile. It has a fun design and it’s also accurate. It can read a temperature of up to 122-degrees Fahrenheit which means that you can rely on it to provide you sufficient and reliable information for your pool.
6. Etekcity 1022D dual Laser Thermometer
This dual-laser model is the latest gadget to use if you want to be provided with efficiency and practicality. It has a precision of ≥100°C±2% and it can measure temperatures ranging from 58°F~1022°F. The auto shut-off feature will turn off the device when you don’t use it for 2 minutes. As well as, the LCD screen is easy to be understood by beginners and it’s also backlit. This means that you will be able to use the gadget regardless of the conditions.
Innovative Technology Integrated
The infrared technology will ensure an accurate measurement of various objects. Therefore, you can use it for the barbecue, auto maintenance, and the pool. This thermometer has been designed with:
- Dual Laser – The dual targeting technology will allow the model to calculate a larger area for more accurate results
- Fast – It has been designed with a response time of ≤500Ms
- Material – The superior quality material will protect the gadget if you use it for temperature above boiling point and below freezing temperatures
- Indicator Light – The low battery indicator light will let you know when the batteries are running low
Safe and Reliable
You can rely on this thermometer to provide you with numerous years of efficiency as it has been individually tested. This product is FDA, FCC, and CE approved. In addition to this, you can purchase it in confidence as you will be protected by 2-years warranty. Please remember, in order to get accurate results, we recommend that you keep it approximately 14.17-inch from the pool.
- Designed with unit conversion
- Suitable to measure different temperatures not just the pool
- Large LCD screen
Made with a few smart features
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s versatile. You can use this thermometer anywhere and on anything you want to know the temperature of. All you will need to do is to insert 1 x 9V battery and scan the item. You will get a fast reading of the exact temperature.
5. Aquatix Pro Jumbo
This accurate product will provide a reading in Fahrenheit and Celsius so you can read them with ease. It has the ability to show a maximum temperature of 120 Fahrenheit or 50 Celsius. The reason why this model is popular all over the world is due to the fact that it floats. Thus, you will no longer deal with difficult handling. By considering this model, you will be covered by a 1-year warranty period. As well as, if you’re not happy with it when it arrives, you can send it back and receive 100% of your money back with no questions asked.
Durable and Convenient
It has also been crafted from thick plastic which means that it’s shatterproof an resistant to extensive use under direct sunlight. Some of its design features:
- Pocket – It has a large integrated pocket so you can easily read it out of the pool
- Versatile – You can use it for hot tubs, pools, and ponds
- Numbers – Due to the fact that it is jumbo size, you are no longer required to squint your eyes
You don’t have to worry about this thermometer sinking due to the fact that the material is thick and it has a weighted base. As well as, the weather will not impact the quality of it throughout the years. Some of its traits are:
- Tether – The rope will prevent it from reaching the skimmer basket as you can tie to a specific place
- Practical – This thermometer is suitable for in-ground or above-ground pools
- Accessories – Inside the package, you will also find a maintenance planner to keep your pool safe
- Easy-to-read display
- Water resistant material
- It floats
Customer service could be improved
This is another popular model because nowadays, most people are using it, because it is affordable, it has a compact design and it is easy to read. In short words, it provides a lot of benefits. Therefore, if you tired of using your old mercury style thermometers, you need to consider this high quality and first-class digital device.
4. GAME 2700 Surfin Shark
As you can see, this model has a special design which means that it will bring good attention to the pool. It has been made from durable plastic so it’s shatterproof. Thus, the same quality will be maintained throughout the years. The product measures 9” H x 3-1/2” in diameter which means that it won’t take up too much space. The tether is included so you don’t have to invest further.
Numerous Styles Available
You will have the ability to choose between a shark, pineapple, duck, clownfish, and tiki. If you’re fun and quirky, you will love this thermometer. Some of its characteristics are:
- Float – You can allow it to float throughout the day as the material will withstand ultraviolet rays
- Numbers – The temperature can be easily read as the numbers are bold and large
- Material – The thermometer has been made from shatterproof plastic
Safe and Practical
You don’t have to worry about your safety as the liquid inside is non-toxic. As well as, this is another model that can show the temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius. Its design traits are:
- Tether – The string will keep the thermometer safe and prevent it from floating in the filter system or skimmer basket
- Versatile – This model is suitable for pool, spa, and bathtub
- Liquid -The non-mercury liquid will keep you safe even if the thermometer damages
- The housing is of high-quality materials
- Made from shatter proof material
- Easy to read
Made with a few smart features
Without a doubt this is an accurate and safe thermometer. It doesn’t have mercury or other harmful chemicals so you can trust it not to contaminate the water. In addition to this, you will be thoroughly pleased that the product will float rather than sink.
3. Walfront Digital Floating Pool Thermometer
A water temperature device for the pool that you can rely on, the Walfront is one of the more accessible options price-wise, and one of the most accurate as well. The floating transmitter it comes with is waterproof, and it is perfect to use in indoor as well as outdoor swimming pools. Nonetheless, some customers have used for hot tubs and even lakes. All you will need are 2 AAA 1.5 V batteries for the display console and 2 AA 1.5 V batteries for the remote sensors.
Resistant and Durable
It can withstand providing readings in water that has a -58 to 140-degrees Fahrenheit temperature, while the indoor temperature it can read ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. Its 100-meter wireless transmission line is pretty standard when compared to what other pool temperature measuring devices provide. Some of its features are:
- Historical measurement – A bar graph will allow you to monitor temperature readings from 1 hour to 3 days ago
- Freeze Warning – You will be alerted when the temperature drops below 40-degrees
- Powerful – The wireless transmission can pass through thick walls and long distances
Important Features To Remember
- It has a tabletop and wall-mountable design
- It has been designed with rubber side bumpers
- It has a weatherproof and waterproof construction
- You will be covered by 1-Year warranty period
User-friendly and Convenient
This product will allow you to read the temperature even if you’re up to 100 ft away. If you’re not at home yet you still care about the information, the device has the ability to present you with immediate information from 1 to 3 hours ago. Some of its particularities are:
- LCD Display – The display will show you information in bold numbers which means that they are easy to understand
- Updates – You will receive information that updates every 90 seconds on the remote control
- Range – It has a large measuring range which means that it will provide accurate results continuously
- 90-second update rate
- Easy to use – simply follow the instructions provided in the manual
- Accessible price makes it perfect for those who are on a budget
Limited warranty period
This is another popular model because it boasts a 90-second update rate which ensures live, accurate readings. The power display console is powered by two AAA alkaline batteries, while the remote sensors are backed by two AA alkaline batteries. Furthermore, it is backed with a 1-year warranty by the manufacturing company. Additionally, you will enjoy the fact that you can set it up fast even if you’ve never used such a product before.
2. Ambient Weather WS-14
If you are looking to purchase an efficient swimming pool thermometer that is able to read your water temperature from both indoors and outdoors, then the WS-14 is the best choice you can make. This device is waterproof and floats on the surface of the water. It has a sensor display and will wirelessly transmit the water temperature to the display console.
By using this product, you can get a reading on the outdoor and indoor temperature. In addition to this, it’s fully waterproof which means that it will resist even in extreme weather conditions. Also, it has the capacity to float on the water so you will never lose it. Some of its features are:
- Wireless Transmission – The sensor will display the relevant information and wirelessly transmits it to the display console
- Wide Capability – You will have the flexibility to add up to 7 additional sensors in order to ensure reliability
- Leak –free – The screw on lid construction is designed with internal gasket which will ensure a leak free and water resistant performance
- Dip Switches – Each sensor has been engineered with dip switches in order to allow easy channel selection and units of measure
It has an 8-channel selectable switch that will allow you to monitor the temperature from up to eight different locations. It also has a sensor search mode that can be used to re-sync sensors without re-inserting or removing batteries. Some of its characteristics are:
- Wide-range – It has a capability of 300 ft under ideal conditions and 100 ft under extreme weather conditions
- Fast Update – The console will update every 60 seconds in order to allow reliability
- Battery Back-up – You can rely on this additional battery when the 4 x AAA 1.5V alkaline or lithium batteries finish
- Water resistant design
- It includes one remote
- Easy to use by beginners
- Affordable and Reliable
The wireless signal will not penetrate solid metal
This is another model that we recommend because it comes with one remote and 7 sensors that can be added for comprehensive monitoring. It is important to know that each sensor has dip switches for units of measure and channel selection. As well as, it’s affordable for a wide variety of pockets which means that you don’t have to go broke by purchasing this high-quality product.
1. Ambient Weather WS-20
Highly convenient to use as it lets you find out the pool water’s temperature regardless of your location, whether you are indoors or outdoors, the WS-20 is a must-have for any pool owner who dreads venturing in water that is too cold. It comes at a reasonable price and what it is highly regarded for is its accuracy in the readings it provides. The comprehensiveness of its operation is hard to top, any issue that you might have with using it being covered in the accompanying user manual.
There are two thermometers included in the package, more precisely a wireless model and the floating thermometer. The floating thermometer measures 8.5 inches in length, 4.2 inches in width, and 3.7 inches in height, and you simply have to dip it in the water for it to start reading the temperature. As well as, it features an 8-channel selectable switch. Some of its particularities are:
- Range – In open air, under ideal conditions, it provides a 300-foot line of sight wireless transmission
- LCD – The LCD display makes it easy to read temperatures off of it when you are outside, while the 60-second update rate ensures the provided temperatures are of actuality
- Wireless Thermometer – The wireless thermometer included works outdoors when the temperature ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, and updates the readings it provides once every 60 seconds
In addition to displaying the readings that the other thermometers pick up so that you may learn what the pool water temperature is without getting out of the house, the console also reads indoor temperature. Some of its particularities are:
- Locations – It can be used to monitor up to 8 different locations at a time, and it requires 4 AAA batteries to run
- Re-sync – Its re-sync mode really comes in handy as it ensures reception between it and the thermometer will be automatically reestablished in case an interruption occurs
- LCD Size – It features a clear LCD screen that measures 3.75 inches in length and 3.5 inches in width
- Console – The console itself measures a mere 4.5 inches in length, 5 inches in height, and 1 inch in width
Mention Worthy Details
- Provides convenient dip switch selectable remote channels.
- Its outdoor operational temperature ranges from -40 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sends off audible and visual alarms when the temperature passes the minimum and maximum settings you have set.
- Perfect for all fluid based operations, not limited to use in the pool.
Line of Sight
The product’s line of sight is one of the main interest points as it shows what is the distance that can be kept between the transmitter and the receiver. With the WS-20, you enjoy a great line of sight ranging up to 300 feet in ideal conditions where there are no serious obstructions along the way. However, in most conditions, where thick walls and other impediments exist on the path between the two, the line of transmission provided is of approximately 100 feet.
- Impressive update rate once every 60 seconds ensures correct temperature readings
- Selectable switch lets you choose any of the 8 different channels
- LCD display offers a convenient, easy manner to keep track of the pool water
- Battery backup ensures it will never cease to operate, regardless of the conditions
Customer service could be better
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that with an update rate of 60 seconds, you are ensured of the fact that the provided readings are of actuality. It comes with a console and the thermometer itself, a wireless transmission existing between the two. Furthermore, if anything interrupts the transmission, the re-sync mode reestablishes the connection so that no operational issues exist.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Ambient Weather WS-20||2. Ambient Weather WS-14||3. Walfront Digital Floating Pool Thermometer||4. GAME 2700 Surfin Shark||5. Aquatix Pro Jumbo|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Line Of Sight
|300 feet||300 feet||100 feet||100 feet||100 feet|
|433 MHz||433 MHz||433 MHz||433 MHz||433 MHz|
|Solar powered with battery backup||Solar powered with battery backup||Alkaline batteries||Battery powered||Solar powered with battery backup|
|Transmitter and receiver||Transmitter and receiver||Transmitter and receiver||Transmitter and receiver||N/A|
|1-Year||1-Year||1-Year||6-months||30-day money back guarantee|
Useful Troubleshooting Guide
Pool thermometers, just like all other digital products, can be faced with functionality issues. A troubleshooting guide comes in handy as there are common malfunctions that usually occur, and the fixes to these issues are generally easy. To put it in better words, you will likely be able to resolve certain problems without having to call the customer support department and ask for guidance or call in a professional to repair the product.
|Problem||How to Fix It|
|Wireless remote does not communicate with the station|
|You have passed the line of sight communication range. You must move closer to the remote sensor.|
|Remove and reinsert the batteries. The station might have exited the search mode.|
|Move the station away from other wireless transmitters or receivers, TVs, laptops, and all electrical noise emitting devices.|
|Make sure that there is not an earth barrier or solid metal wall in the path of the remote sensors.|
|Install new batteries – go with lithium-ion.|
|Weak display station contrast||Batteries are running out of power – replace them.|
|Different temperature displayed on the station and the remote sensor||When the transmission is intermittently lost, the station and the sensor disagreeing on results, you must take the thermometer to a professional service.|
Best overall: Ambient Weather WS-20
Such an accessory is a must-have for all pool owners. This is why we give a special mention to Ambient Weather WS-20. The reason for this is because it has a large300-foot range which means that it has the ability to cover a large pool. Additionally, it also acts as a thermometer so you don’t have to invest further.
Above all, this has been praised as the most popular and most reliable model that’s currently on the market. Therefore, people all over the world have purchased this unit. Additionally, you will be pleased to know that it offers visual and sound alerts so you will never miss an alarm.
Best for design: GAME 2700 Surfin Shark
Do you have a funky style yet you care about the efficiency of the products? If so, you should consider GAME 2700 Surfin Shark. Of course, if you don’t like the shark, you can also consider the duck, pineapple, clownfish, and the tiki.
Even though it has a much more fun design than the rest of the models mentioned, you should know that this is one of the most durable on the market. The UV-resistant material means that you can allow this model to float without worrying about damages or the water being contaminated.
Best for features: Etekcity 1022D dual Laser Thermometer
If you enjoy new technologies, you should consider Etekcity 1022D Dual Laser Thermometer as it will calculate the temperature from a distance. In addition to this, this thermometer is multi-functional as you can use it for the barbecue and auto maintenance.
The fast response of ≤500Ms will provide you with accurate information so you don’t have to wait around meaninglessly.
Best for the money : B&H Duck Thermometer
If you like models that provide you with the most versatility, you will quickly fall in love with this product. The reason for this is because this product can be used as a water and room thermometer and a clock. Additionally, the quirky design also makes a wonderful toy for the little ones. As the battery is sealed you don’t have to worry about the child’s safety.
Made from Plexiglass material, this thermometer is safe to be used in the pool. It’s also BPA-free which means that it’s safe for long-term use.