Just because you have a swimming pool, it doesn’t mean that you should do a lot of manual work to keep up with the thorough maintenance. This is why you must consider such a product. They take away all of the hard and manual labor so you can sit back and relax. Our team of experts has handpicked the best models that are currently on the market. Every model mentioned is worthy of your time and money so you can trust that your money will be invested right. The customizable features of each item will allow you to make it function on your terms, according to your own needs. Thus, you don’t have to babysit it whilst it’s working its magic.
8. Solar-Breeze NX2
In case you’re looking for an energy efficient model, this is the right model for you. It’s solar-operated which means that it doesn’t require electricity. The cleaner works around the clock to remove dirt and debris from above the water surface before they have a chance of decaying. It has been made with a built-in tray that will hold any 3” trichlor tablets. Thus, it will sanitize the pool as it’s functioning. There are no wires or cables to deal with. Even though it has solar panels, the machine is waterproof and it can deal with any waterfall features you may have or heavy rain. As well as, you can take it out of the pool and place it under direct sunlight for 2 hours and it will last you for the whole day. The battery has been rated for up to 1200 cycles which means that it will last for 3 years. When they run out, you can easily replace them yourself. It has been noted that you can also use it in salt water pools too.
7. Hayward RC9740 SharkVac
Convenience is what you are looking for first and foremost, and with this Hayward robot, it is ensured as your interference is not required. You are only to program it to start cleaning the pool at a certain hour, and from there on, you can mind your own business as it will tend to thoroughly clean the surfaces of the water body on its own.
Of course, when you are in a hurry and you find that its normal 2-hour cleaning cycle is too long and you need the pool to be clean faster, you can set it on the quick cycle which lasts only 1 hour. This quick cycle is granted by the Quick-Clean technology it features. If you wish, you have the option to choose between two-sized cleaners. If your pool is small to medium, you should consider the standard-sized model. Whereas, if you have a large pool, you should consider the extra-large model as it can cover more ground
Important Features To Mention
- It has been declared as the industry’s most energy-efficient model
- Designed with a microprocessor-based technology
- Suitable to scrub and vacuum pool floors and walls
- You will be protected by 1-Year warranty
In terms of energy efficiency, it’s hard to beat this robot as it first establishes what is the most energy efficient cleaning pattern to take up, and only after mapping it will it proceed to its operation. This means that this model is an investment. You don’t have to spend further money into upgrading this product and you won’t experience spikes in your energy bill even if you use it constantly throughout the month. This also has a positive impact on maintenance as this model will maintain the same high quality without being cleaned after each cycle.
Although it does not come with a transport caddy, this perk being enjoyable only through a separate purchase, there is no high need for it as the device is pretty alright in terms of design, so you shouldn’t find it hard to put it back in storage on your own when it is done the cleaning. You will find the asking price for the RC9740 to be quite tempting as it is more affordable when compared to other entries on this market. To praise its top-access debris container which endorses a quick and easy debris clean-up, as well as a hassle-free removal of cartridge filters whenever it is needed.
- Can handle cleaning the pool in only 1 hour due to the Quick-Clean technology it features
- It can find the most efficient cleaning pattern to finish the job quick and without consuming more energy than it’s necessary
- Easy debris cleanup ensured by the top-access debris container which is easy to remove
- You can program it to start cleaning the pool at a certain moment of the day
- Designed for use in pools measuring up to 20 feet by 40 feet
Transport caddy must be purchased separately
Full customization of the pool cleaning process is what this Hayward product offers as it allows you to choose between quick and more thorough cycles, and it gives you the freedom to choose the exact hour at which it should start operating. Best of all, it is relatively affordable when compared to other robotic cleaners, so there are only benefits to reap if you use it.
6. iRobot Mirra 530
Regardless of the shape of your pool, as long as it does not exceed 50 feet in length, the Mirra 530 is a robotic cleaner you can confidently use. There are countless factors which weigh in making it a desirable option, but we must admit the spec we consider to be most important is the fact that it handles pumping and filtering up to 70 gallons of water per minute. This is more than what most high-end similar products are capable of delivering.
Innovative and Smart
It is capable of ridding the pool of debris as small as 2 microns, and the PVA wheels give it hefty traction on the surfaces of the pool. A big highlight of this product, one which we must take into discussion due to its importance is the iAdapt Nautiq Responsive Cleaning technology which helps the robot find the most optimal path when cleaning the pool. Thus, you are guaranteed it will take as little time as possible for it to be done with its operation.
Factors To Consider
- PVA wheels ensure sponge-like traction
- No installation or assembling required
- The 60 ft. power cord doesn’t tangle
- It has been engineered with 2 powerful motors
Fast and Efficient
This model doesn’t just have a lot of convenience features, but it ensures that not a lot of energy will be consumed either. Furthermore, its independence from the filtration system on the pool ensures a prolonged life for this part, as well as granting extra efficiency in terms of consumption for the robotic device. The PVC scrubbing rush is so powerful that it can eliminate algae, dirt, and bacteria from the floor and walls with ease.
The product has been crafted with a single push-and-play operation which means that you don’t need the experience to know how to use it. As well as, you will enjoy the fact that you can use it straight out of the box without needing the help of a professional. The quick-drain valve has been strategically positioned at the bottom of the product in order to provide fast draining. The carrying cady will allow you to take it from place to place with ease.
- iAdapt Nautiq Responsive technology ensures it will find the quickest, most optimal path to cleaning your pool
- Low power consumption during operation ensures using it won’t add too much to the electricity bills
- Due to the 4 PVA wheels it utilizes, it ensures superior traction which helps it clean the pool body quicker
- Can handle pools of all shapes as long as they don’t exceed 50 feet in length
- As opposed to other cleaners, it can tackle the steps of the pool as well
On the expensive side – not the cheapest product of its kind
With a clean, modern design, wonderfully low power consumption during use, and high efficiency in picking up even the smallest debris it encounters, the Mirra 530 is an investment definitely worth making for any pool owner looking to simplify pool maintenance. Sure, it might cost a pretty penny, but in the end, it is understandable why you have to pay so much for it.
5. Aquabot Elite
The Aquabot Elite comes with a modern and sleek design and a highly advanced technology. This combination is what every robot needs in order to deliver great performance every time you want to remove the dirt and contaminants from your water. You don’t have to babysit it whilst it’s operating. This model is suitable to clean surfaces such as gunite, pebble, and concrete pools.
Practical and Convenient
The model is suitable for in-ground pools and the increased traction offered by the EverGrip rubber tracks makes it a perfect choice for the residential swimming pool of maximum 60 feet. The AquaSmart 2.0 Microprocessor Control maps the size and surface of the pool and avoids any possible obstacles for offering the best cleaning performance for the floor, walls, waterline, coves, and even stairs while using less energy. This is possible with the help of the TripleClean scrubbing brushes which work together to eliminate all the impurities from the water.
Important Features To Remember
- You will be covered by a 3-Years warranty period
- It comes with a transport caddy that you can use for easy storage
- It has been designed with dual filtration
- The product has been thoroughly tested before being placed on the market
The dual high-capacity filter cartridges are large enough to collect all the debris and the Quickdraw cartridges enable you to quickly remove and return them while the machine is still in the water. It has been designed with ClearView pannels which means that you will see when they’re ready to be emptied. Moreover, the model features the 360° Anti-Tangle Swivel so the cable is safe and free of tangle while the unit is in function. Furthermore, the model can be pre-programmed, upon request, you can receive a remote control.
- Transportation caddy offers a convenient, hassle-free manner of handling it and storing it/getting it out of storage
- To obtain the convenient remote control, you have to pay separately
- Anti-tangle design of the cord ensures it won’t get caught up in its own cable
- Uses a pool mapping system which makes it highly efficient and effective in its task, not only reducing cleaning times but ensuring no inch of the pool will be left untended
- Backed by a 3-year warranty by the manufacturing company
- Does not provide the capability of cleaning the pool when it goes in reverse
- To obtain the convenient remote control, you have to pay separately
If a reasonable price is your main concern when making this purchase, but you do not want to end up with a poor performing robotic cleaner either, this is your best option, by far. It can tackle large pools of up to 60 feet in length, and the smart mapping technology it features ensures speed and accuracy in debris removal, so there are only benefits to be enjoyed if you use it.
4. Dolphin Quantum
This long-lasting cleaner is one of the most popular robots because it uses the latest Dolphin technology, thus delivering great performance during all weather conditions. The Dolphin Quantum is designed for in-ground pools of up to 60 feet, providing excellent underwater mobility with the help of the HyperGrip continuous tracks. It’s important to mention that this model has been designed with 400-sq. inch top-loading cartridge filter. This is a feature not many models can boast with.
Moreover, it can climb the walls and steps and it can brush the doors and the waterline with absolutely no inconvenience because it features HyperBrush dual scrubbing that delivers great all-around surface cleaning. The SmartNav 2.0 makes sure that the entire surface of the swimming pool is cleaned and the mapping system is able to recognize the places where it has been before.
Important Features To Consider
- Micron Filtration will remove fine debris and algae
- The rubber tracks ensures superior climbing on walls
- It uses up to 87% less energy than the other models
- Designed with a top handle for easy transportation
A great feature is the PowerJet 3D™ Mobility that expels the water in three directions through the jet nozzles. Also, the SnapLoc filtration will allow you to remove all the sides of the filter for a simpler cleaning process, having the possibility to choose the micron rating of your filter media. However, the only disadvantages of the Dolphin Quantum are the lack of a transportation caddy and remote control.
The device is programmable, making your entire task much simpler while the bi-directional feature will give it the ability to vacuum in reverse, making it much stronger. You will be able to decide how frequent it cleans and the duration of the cleaning. Decide on the frequency depending on how frequent you use the pool and the duration according to your own schedule. Similarly, to the other high-quality models, this is another product that you can leave it to do its job without being nearby to check upon it.
- The easy clean profile of the filter ensures a hassle-free cleaning when the time comes for this procedure
- Full filter indicator announces you when maintenance work is due so that guesswork is out of the question
- It utilizes no less than 3 jets to deliver a wide and complete range of motion
- It allows you to choose the micron rating in terms of filtering due to the variable size filters it comes with
- Bi-directional capability enables it to clean even when it goes in reverse
Does not come with a transportation caddy, and accessory which would have made it more convenient to handle
Although there are many aspects to praise when it comes to this cleaning device, we must admit that the feature which drew our attention the most and will definitely impress you as well as the bi-directional profile which enables it to clean the pool even when it goes in reverse. Thus, regardless of the situation, you can rely on it to thoroughly clean the pool.
3. Dolphin Nautilus Plus
The Dolphin Nautilus is one of those cleaners that offer great performance and efficiency at an affordable price. The model is recommended for in-ground pools with no more than 50 feet in length. It’s also very lightweight and easy to use. This means that you don’t have to have a thorough knowledge of the latest technology to figure it out. Thus, you can use it straight out of the box. You will find that all of the control buttons are clearly laid out and displayed for easy usability.
The rubber tracks offer great traction on all types of surfaces, helping it to easily climb the walls and clean the floor and the waterline in a very efficient way. This is possible due to the PVC bristle brushes and the IntelliScan Technology that will leave the entire surface sparkling clean. The built-in software delivers a full pool scanning, cleaning it from top to bottom while learning its size and shape.
Features Worthy To Mention
- It can clean floors and walls up to the waterline
- Capable of cleaning the pool within a maximum of 2 hours
- You will be protected by a 1-Year warranty period
- Designed with built-in anti-tangle power cable
Excellent Filtration Technology
Moreover, the cartridge is easy to clean and the spring clean filter is designed for all sorts of debris, small or large. Due to the swivel cable feature, the cord doesn’t tangle when the device performs its job and the extra-large filter capacity will need fewer filter cleanings over time. Still, some people may consider as disadvantages the fact that the device isn’t programmable and it doesn’t have a remote control, but this will not influence the performance of the cleaner. Nonetheless, through the Nautilus CC feature, the active brush has the ability to clean itself so you don’t have to worry about thorough maintenance.
- Has the capability of filtering approximately 75 gallons of water per minute
- IntelliScan feature ensures the cleaning device will tend to every inch of the pool
- Comes at a reasonable price compared to other entries – good price to quality ratio
- Scans the pool before it commences with cleaning it so that it will do so as efficiently as possible
- Product is backed by the manufacturing company with a lengthy 2-year warranty
Does not come with a remote control that would have made operating it more convenient
One of the more reasonably priced entries in our top, this cleaner is the ideal solution for those who want to spend more time swimming rather than waiting for the pool to be cleaned up. It takes a maximum of 2 and a half hours for it to be done with the procedure, which is more than reasonable, and it effortlessly tackles pools up to 50 feet in size.
2. Dolphin Premier
Some say that this is the best Dolphin Pool cleaner and for good reason. This in-ground cleaner comes with a full package of features that will help you have a clean swimming pool at all times. The modern design combined with the HyperGrip rubber track along with the SmartNav software is a truly impressive combination that sets new standards.
Powerful Cleaning Capability
The multi-media filtration system allows you to pick the right media from the four media types available every time you have to remove the algae, debris, leaves, and so on. You will be able to use the pool straight after the cleaning operation has finished. Also, the device features the ability to clean the waterline, the doors and to climb the steps and walls with the help of the Dual Power scrubbing brushes walls in a pool of maximum of 50 feet.
Factors To Consider
- Designed with an intelligent scanning technology
- It doesn’t require hoses or booster pumps
- The filters can remove fine dust particles
- The cleaning cycle lasts for up to 2 hours
The swivel cable feature is a great discovery in this industry because it allows the unit to clean the entire surface without tangling the cable and destroying it. Another great thing about Dolphin Premium is the fact that it’s programmable and it has a full filter indicator for more convenience. Unfortunately, this model doesn’t come with a transportation caddy or remote control included, but you have the option to buy them separately. Nonetheless, as you can make it function however you want without a remote, you won’t find it necessary.
- SmartNav scanning optimizes cleaning efficiency so that you will enjoy top results
- Programmable profile allows you to select exactly when it should proceed to clean the pool as well as select other cleaning settings to your liking
- Takes a maximum of two and half hours for it to provide a complete and thorough cleaning of the pool
- Can remove debris and contaminants as small as 2 microns to ensure a clean and safe water to swim in
- 60-foot long cable allows it to clean pools measuring up to 50 feet in size
Remote control which would make using it a lot more convenient must be purchased separately
Pleasing to the eye as well as highly effective in its track to leave the body of water free of any debris or impurities which might make the experience of swimming dangerous or displeasing, this Dolphin selection is one of our top recommendations to pool owners. Not only is it feature rich and quite accessible considering its capabilities, but it has received massive positive feedback from customers.
1. Polaris 9550
Providing an unparalleled cleaning performance, cleaning cycle customization as you have never seen before, and high efficiency in terms of energy consumption, the 9550 sits proudly at the top of this market for all the right reasons. It is feature-rich and comes with all the accessories that it could come with, including a motion-sensing remote for at-distance control and a transport caddy that makes it easier to get it out of storage when you use it and put it back where it belongs when you are done. Furthermore, as the cord it features measures an impressive 70 feet in length, it can even tend to clean 60-foot long pools of all shapes.
4-Wheel Drive System
The 9550 crosses the pool’s surfaces without any hang-ups as it features the 4-wheel drive system that enables it to clean the tile line, floor, and walls spotless. Of course, the solid-blade scrubbing brush it comes with aids in this process, ensuring that even the most stubborn gunk will come off without putting up too big of a fight. If we take into account the fact that it features motion sensing abilities as well, thus guaranteeing that it will never get stuck in corners, you are sure to enjoy a smooth operation of the device regardless of the situation.
Vortex Vacuum Technology
Wondering why this device is so effective at picking up dirt and debris? The answer is simple – due to the Vortex Vacuum technology it utilizes. This system ensures it sucks up dirt and debris, directing the gunk to the canister effortlessly regardless of the size debris it encounters. It is approximately 25% more efficient and effective when it comes to vacuuming power than most entries on this market, thus its placement at the top being understandable.
A unique feature is the 7-day programmable timer that allows you to pick the cleaning schedule which suits your needs best. After you set the schedule you desire, you can take your mind off of cleaning the pool completely as it will begin its operation at the set hour each day of the week. Thus, when you return back home from work, you have one less chore to worry about and you can trustfully jump in the water knowing that it’s clean.
Other Mention Worthy Details
- Features the ActivMotion sensor which automatically controls its position at all times in order to ensure a complete cleaning without hang-ups.
- To empty the filter canister, all you have to do is shake the dirt out of it.
- Features a dirty canister indicator that eliminates guesswork out of this maintenance task, announcing you when the time comes to empty the dirt gathered inside it.
- Due to the easy lift system it features, it will surface at your selected location at the simple touch of a button.
Waterline Only Cleaning Cycle
Even though low power consumption is ensured when the 9550 runs, this doesn’t mean that you should let it operate for longer than it’s actually needed. When you just want it to handle cleaning the tile line and nothing else besides it, you can opt for the Waterline Only cleaning cycle. This way, less energy will be consumed as it will only scrub this isolated section, and it won’t waste any of your time either in case you will wait around for it to finish before jumping in for a splash.
- The addition of the Vortex Vacuum technology makes it superior to other cleaners in terms of debris picking
- Cleaning cycle lasts a maximum of two and a half hours
- Full filter indicator feature lets you know what time is due to empty the bag of debris
- >Features a sensor which enables it to detect and avoid obstacles that might have otherwise caused hang-ups
- Waterline only selection mode enables it to solely handle the tile line
Does not offer bi-directional cleaning, so it won’t be able to clean when it goes in reverse
Boasting a 4-wheel drive technology which ensures its stability, alongside the ActivSensor feature even enabling it to effortlessly cover cleaning all the surfaces of the pool without encountering any mishaps, this is your go-to cleaner if you are not willing to sacrifice quality.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Polaris 9550 Sport||2. Dolphin Premier||3. Dolphin Nautilus||4. Dolphin Quantum||5. Aquabot Elite|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|Dimensions||16.9″ x 18.9″ x 10.6″||23.1″ x 19.8″ x 14.1″||20″ x 24″ x 20″||22″ x 18″ x 12.8″||20.8″ x 20.5″ x 18.5″|
|Weight||21 Lbs||36.2 Lbs||22 Lbs||27.2 Lbs||39.6 Lbs|
|Drive System||4-Wheel Drive||HyperGrip Rubber Tracks||Rubber Tracks||HyperGrip Continous Tracks||EverGrip Rubber Tracks with Industrial Strength Drive Motor|
|Cleaning Area||Floor, Walls, Steps, Waterline||Doors, Steps, Walls, Water Line||Floor, Walls, Waterline||Doors, Steps, Walls, Water Line||Floor, Walls, Waterline, Coves, Stairs|
|Pool Size||60 Feet||50 Feet||50 Feet||60 Feet||60 Feet|
|Brush Type||Solid-Blade Scrubbing Brush||Dual Power Scrubbing Brushes||PVC Bristle Brushes||HyperBrush Dual Scrubbing||TripleClean Scrubbing Brushes|
|Cable Length||70 Feet||60 Feet||60 Feet||60 Feet||60 Feet|
|Cleaning Cicle||1.5 to 2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||2.5 Hours||1-2 Hours|
|Filter Type||N/A||Cartdrige||Cartdrige||Cartdrige||Dual Filter Cartridge|
|Filtration Capacity||2 Microns||2 Microns||2 Microns||2 Microns||2 Microns|
|Filtration Rate||75 GPM||75 GPM||75 GPM||75 GPM||70 GPM|
|Easy Clean Filter|
|Full Filter Indicator|
|Unique Features||Easy Lift System||Multi-Media Filtration System||IntelliScan Technology||SmartNav 2.0||AquaSmart 2.0 Microprocessor Control|
|Vortex Vacuum Technology||SmartNav Robotic Scanning||Full Pool Scanning||SnapLoc Filtration||360° Anti-Tangle Swivel|
|ActivMotion Sensor||Swivel Cables||Swivel Cables||Variable Micron Filters||JetForce Filter with QuickDraw|
|Waterline Only Cleaning Cycle||PowerJet 3D Mobility|
|Product Warranty||2 Years||3 Years||2 Years||2 Years||3 Years|
What You Should Know
- They have the ability to mimic human cleaning. When the computer is programmed to start at certain intervals, the machine knows to clean the pool without visiting the same areas that have already been cleaned, as usually do the traditional cleaners. Therefore, just like human cleaning, they know exactly which areas are clean and which are not, making them more efficient.
- They are the most effective when it comes to eliminating small dirt, debris, and sand. At the same time, they have the ability to clean the tile lines and scrub the walls while they help improve the water circulation.
- Most of them have filters which are capable of removing small particle, such as those of 2 microns, which most residential pool filters aren’t capable of removing, thus helping the filter and increasing its lifetime.
- They feature a self-monitoring diagnostic system that allows them to detect any problems, thus noticing you whenever there is a certain malfunction.
- They use high volume pumps when they vacuum, some of the models being capable of removing up to 4,000 or 5,000 gallons of water per hour. The result is that the water temperatures are more even because the entire water is recirculated. At the same time, this helps to thoroughly mix the chemicals that may lie on the floor.
How Do They Work
- Remove – Once the cleaning cycle has been accomplished, you should take out the cleaner from the water as soon as possible. This will ensure the longevity of the motor and you will prevent damages to the housing.
- Clean – You will get the most out of your money if the existing filtration system is clean and it functions properly. If you aren’t pleased with the results, it means that your current filter is not well-maintained. We recommend that you check it at least once a month for any damages.
- Wash – Once you take it out of the water, the best thing that you can do is to hose it down. This will eliminate all chemicals from the housing. Chemicals such as chlorine are damaging to the robot cleaner. It will also encourage the fast degradation of parts.
- Check – As you may have seen, all of the models mentioned come with excellent warranty periods. Thus, if you notice wear and tear or if something needs to be replaced, you can get in contact with the customer support team. The sooner you spot any malfunctions, the better it will be.
- Storage – Too much sun can be harmful to the cleaner. Once you wash it, we recommend that you drain any excess water and store it away from sunlight. This will increase the lifespan and prevent any damages. Thus, inevitably you will spend less money on it.
Let go of the old and try to integrate new innovative gadgets into your daily work. Without a doubt, you will be able to notice straight away that such products have been made in order to improve your life. It removes the need for thorough manual work which means that you can get on with your daily activities without worrying about wasting time cleaning. Such gadget has the capacity to scrub, vacuum, and clean at the same time. If you were to do it by yourself, it’s very unlikely that you will get the same results without tiring yourself out. When it comes to this gadget, you will be pleased to know that it doesn’t require thorough maintenance. Even though some models do not include a caddy or remote control at no extra price, you will have the option to purchase them in addition. All of the models mentioned have been crafted with innovative features such as IntelliScan Technology which means that it will create its own navigation path without any efforts from your behalf.