Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
I f pool cleaners would have a favorite manufacturer, it would be Aquabot, a reliable brand that aims to provide the latest technologies in the field for the past 30 years. Their newest product is called Aquabot Spirit and is the embodiment of all the discoveries and innovations the manufacturer has made during their experience. This device is suitable for both inground and above ground pools and it can successfully handle pools of any shape measuring up to 60 ft. in length. Despite the superior performance, this unit has an average price tag, making it even more appealing and trustworthy. Let’s see what it can do to keep your pool cleaner and safer for swimming.
The product comes with pre-programmed cleaning cycles that last 1 or 2 hours and includes an automatic shut-off that turns off the power at the end of the cycles to prevent accidents and energy waste. The intelligent navigation guides the unit alongside the pool and although it doesn’t feature obstacle sensors, it rarely bumps into things and remains stuck. It will clean not only the pool floor but also the walls and the steps due to the 6” radius that allows it to incline. Some of its characteristics are:
- Drive System – It’s a 4-wheel drive unit that can handle any pool surface due to the wheel kit that makes it suitable for tile and fiberglass
- Jet Propulsion – When it comes to cleaning results, it can be hardly matched by regular automatic cleaners. This increased performance is due to the dual impeller high-flow Jet Propulsion system that differentiates it from other competitors that use mechanical connections from the motor to each wheel in order to move
- Jet Driven – Aquabot is jet-driven so that it will circulate faster along the pool surface and will ensure a better water circulation that improves water filtration so that you will not be forced to add chemicals or additives to the water
- Dual Filtration System – This dual filtration system and the powerful motor that can handle 85 gallons of water per minute ensure a superior cleaning that you will hardly find in other similar pool cleaners
Keep in mind that this unit doesn’t come with brushes so it doesn’t actually scrub the dirt off, meaning you will have to do that yourself, which is its biggest drawback. We keep wondering why the manufacturer skipped putting brushes on this unit that would have made it 100% efficient. Regardless, all the debris is collected in the two filter bags that can capture impurities as small as 2 microns.
Design and Accessories
Nevertheless, it is a good looking pool cleaner that you will enjoy having wandered around. You will surely love the compact design that measures only 21.3 x 19.3 x 18 inches and the 25 pounds weight that makes it easily portable. The cleaner boasts a patented and lightweight TwinBody chassis that makes it very easy to maneuver. Some of its particularities are:
- Cable – The 40-feet long 360° swivel cable that reduces tangling. Thus, it eliminates the need for dealing with tangles
- Access – The dual filters are positioned at the top for easy access which means that you don’t have to constantly turn the robot upside-down
- Handle – As Aquabot has accustomed to their clients, this product comes in a blue housing and includes a large handle at the top that eases lifting and submerging the unit in the pool
|Aquabot Spirit specs|
|Pool Suitability||Inground and aboveground pools|
|Floor Suitability||Vinyl liner, fiberglass and concrete|
|Power Cord Size||30 feet|
|Filtration||Dual filtration system|
|Duration of Cleaning||1.5 to 2 hours|
|Navigation||High Flow Jet Propulsion System|
|Warranty||2-years limited warranty|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Ease of Use
One of the main qualities of the product is the fact that it’s so simple to use. Starting with the user-friendly touchscreen control and the top-loading filter provided by the TwinBody chassis that makes maintenance a breeze, it’s clear that the manufacturer designed it with convenience in mind. You won’t have to turn it upside down and open trap doors to reach the filters since all you have to do is remove the upper part of the device. Operating it is as easy as playing with a toy because there aren’t any complicated controls to confuse you. Separated from the cleaner, there is a control unit that plugs in and features a touchscreen control panel with all the necessary buttons and commands. One drawback would be the lack of a lift system that would remove the cleaner from the pool but if you consider how lightweight it is, you will shortly get over this aspect. Also, not including a remote control is another mistake the manufacturer made.
Automatic pool cleaners tend to consume a lot of energy during the cleaning cycle because they usually operate for a long period of time. You can forget about this concern with this unit that is more money-saving than most of the pressure side and suction side cleaners, which either use a consuming pump or operate off of the main pool pump you have. This unit uses a separate power supply of the only 180W that results in up to 90% less electricity during a cleaning cycle without cutting on performance. Being extremely lightweight and relying on large rubber tires add to the efficiency of this unit and limit its energy use as well. As such, keeping your pool clean will cost you around $0.05, a fraction of what you would have paid if you were to use another pool cleaner.
Warranty and Support
Judging by how important warranty is when purchasing an item you will be heavily using, we can say that the manufacturer of this pool cleaner really cares for your investment so they offer a 2-year warranty that will cover all the defects the unit might show. However, pay attention to how you handle and maintain the product because any damage caused by your fault will lead to voiding the warranty. For any question you might have regarding this pool cleaner and more from Aquabot, you can visit the website and contact the Customer Service department.
While it presents some drawbacks like, for example, the lack of brushes, which obliges the pool owner to perform this operation manually, or the lack of movement sensors, it is still a very attractive purchase for the price. It is produced by a prominent brand and it is easy to see that the construction is superior. This feature is of maximum importance, as it will ensure its durability over the years. More than that, its distinctive feature is the filtering technology based on a dual system and jet propulsion, which enhance the filtering power to a level at which no chemicals need to be added to maintain the water clean.