Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
Y ou have exchanged all of your classical appliances for smart models, therefore you have paid a lot of money to make your home as comfortable and convenient as possible. But how are you planning to save them from falling in the hands of burglars? Are you going to leave it to your old door look or are you planning to update it as well? We surely recommend the second option for two reasons at least. First, a smart lock doesn’t necessarily require the use of a physical key, so the chances of you losing it and getting locked on the outside are zero. Second, there’s nothing easier than shaking or knocking on your phone for the door to unlock.
You did like these last two options. We loved them too. But keep in mind that not all smart locks offer them. In fact, they are premium functions and are offered by Ultraloq UL3 BT. So, if you are going to secure your home against burglars, do it the right way. For more information on how this unit works and its features, keep on reading.
If you are more of a DIY enthusiast, then you will be pleased to find out that this model doesn’t imply boring holes or wiring. It will easily fit any door with a single hole. It offers a reversible handle that makes a good match for both right- ad left-handed users. Other important particularities are:
- Efficient – Due to the fact that it uses the Bluetooth Low Energy, it will actually keep working even in the event of power or internet outages
- Fast – Whether you quickly insert the code, use your fingerprint, or your smartphone, the door will be unlocked in no time
- Resistant – As it will be exposed to all types of weather conditions, it was designed to be dustproof and waterproof
The whole technology before the functioning of this unit is first-rate, so you shouldn’t be surprised that it offers exceptional protection against thieves. Here are some of its best security features:
- Anti-peep touch setting– It allows you to type in a longer sequence of numbers and will unbolt the door as long as within the sequence it identifies your code. Thus, if someone is watching you while inputting the code, they won’t be able to get it
- Convenient – There are three mechanical keys for backup. No smart system is unbeatable, but if hackers manage to enter your lock and change the number combination, at least you will have a spare key to open and reset it
- Alerts – The prudent way is to always make sure the battery is charged and the alerts that will pop up on the lock’s display and you will receive a message on your phone as wells so you can take the right measures on time
Moreover, you can use other door opening methods. For example, it offers a fingerprint reading option, which is able to identify the fingerprint in no more than 0.5 sec. This is an excellent choice for kids, who won’t need to carry a key with them or to memorize the code. The elderly will appreciate it as well. It can register up to 95 fingerprints.
|Dimensions||7 x 6.3 x 3.5 inches|
|Color||Satin nickel/aged bronze|
|Method of Opening||Keypad/smartphone/fingerprint/key|
|Traditional Manual Keys||3|
|Warranty||18-month electronic warranty/30-day money back guarantee|
Ease of use
As the name says it, it uses advanced Bluetooth technology to connect to your smartphone, and, starting with this point, a broad array of smart functions and analysis instruments become available:
- User management– Allows you to create a distinctive code for each member of your family. Moreover, you can add periodical codes for your guests, who will be able to use them during their visit, while you will be able to delete them when the visit is over
- Log Record– It provides information about who and when entered your home
- Knock/Shake to Open– y knocking 4 times on your smartphone’s screen, you will open the door, without actually opening the app. This is available only for iOS. But rest assured, if your phone works on Android, you can shake the phone. And you can do this without getting the phone out of your pocket
Design and installation
It has a strong one-piece zinc alloy body, which is IP65 rated. It is excellent for both indoor and outdoor installation. Some of its features are:
- Construction – It has the following dimensions: 3.5″(L) x 6.3″(W) x 7″(H) (front panel), and 3.3″(L) x 6.3″(W) x 7″(H) (back panel), and it weighs 5.5 lbs
- Versatile – You can choose between three different finishes, more precisely satin nickel, aged bronze, and bright brass
- Door Suitability – The door thickness must be between 1 3/8″ – 1 3⁄4″
Warranty and support
The product comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and an 18-month electronic warranty. This is more generous than what other manufacturers offer for similar products. Also, the customer service department can be contacted for any information regarding the operation of the device.