Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
I n this review, we will try to find out more about SoHoMiLL Digital Door Knob. Besides the fact that it helps you increase the security level for your home, garage, rental property, and so on, it is also very easy to use. Also, it comes at an affordable price, this being one of the reasons why it’s so popular among homeowners. It’s time to replace your old door lock with a newer one and forget about the hassle of carrying with you a key. Maybe this lock is what you’ve been looking for.
This digital door lock works with a master code but you can also use a maximum of 8 different keys to gain access. This allows you to have total control of the lock while allowing the family members or the visitors to have a unique code. Some of its particularities are:
- Buttons – The numbers are printed inside so there is less likely to wear out in time and allow the intruders to figure out the code
- Indicator Light – For more convenience, when the batteries run low, the system will warn you to replace them
- Battery Life – The average lifetime of the battery is around 15000 hours
Additionally, this model features a backup battery jumper cable. Unfortunately, it lacks a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection, so you can’t control it with your phone. It only comes with the basic features but since it’s much more affordable than most models, we consider it a fair bargain.
When it comes to security, which is the most important aspect of a door lock, this one doesn’t disappoint. Besides the numbers which are printed inside, it also locks automatically 3 seconds after each entry. This increases the security level in case you forget to lock it when entering the home. You also have the possibility to disable this feature and select the passage mode that allows you to enter the house just by pressing one key at your choice. Some of the safety features are:
- Alarm – At the same time, if someone tries to press the key, you will hear a beeping alert that let’s know there’s someone at the door
- Temporary Codes – you have the possibility to set temporary codes and then delete them. Thus, it will allow guests to enter in your home
- Jumper – In case the batteries are low, you have the ability to use the battery box jumper to keep you safe
|Dimensions||6.5 x 4.5 x 3 inches|
|Battery||4 AAA alkaline batteries|
|Method of Opening||Keypad|
|Traditional Manual Keys|
Design and installation
The lock is made of stainless steel which makes it very durable. It can easily stand up to all weather conditions and provide the same performance. We can’t say that it features an attractive design like other models. Instead, it features a simple keypad that allows you to introduce the access code. Its design characteristics are:
- Housing – The numbers are printed inside which means intruders will not be able to guess the code by worn-out numbers
- No Bumping – You don’t have to worry about intruders bumping the keyhole as there isn’t one
- Backup Key – The mechanical backup key is specially designed for single door entry
Ease of use
There’s really nothing complicated in using this door lock. You just have to insert the right code and the door will open immediately. The key numbers are large enough to clearly see them. In case you arrive home at night, the keypad will lit up when pressing it as it features an energy-efficient LED that allows you to see in the dark.
Warranty and support
This product is warranted for a period of 1 year against any defects in workmanship and materials. It also includes all the necessary instructions for installing and using it. For any additional information, you can contact the manufacturer and the customer support department will offer you all the details you need.
Not a fancy model, but a very reliable one, it is the one to go with if you are on a budget. Although it cannot connect to a phone or to Alexa, it comes with additional security features like the digits being printed on the inside of the buttons so they don’t wore-out in time and give the burglars a clue about the access code, or an alarm that lets you know if someone is trying to get inside. Plus, the high-quality construction is noticeable at first sight, so you can rest assured that it will stand to heavy rains, freezing winters or summer dust and heat.