Regardless of the niche, it releases products into, Samsung manages to stay ahead of the competition as it emphasizes quality, reliability, and durability. The seriousness of the company can be seen in the SHS-1321 door locking system as well, an acquisition we recommend you make as it provides complete protection against theft and break-ins. Easy to install, feature-rich, and decently priced, this digital door lock makes for the perfect addition to a modern home.
Of course, you have to take the system’s design into consideration as well as you wouldn’t want to end up installing a bulky door opener that makes you cringe every time you come home. The smooth, clean lines of the SHS-1321 and its black finish make it one of the most stylish options design-wise. Some of its particularities are:
- Compact – It measures 2.7 inches in width, 6.9 inches in height, and only 0.85 inches in depth, so it makes for a quite discrete addition
- Keypad – The keypad is fully adjustable as you can control the volume and the light. Thus, you can live comfortably
- Battery – You don’t have to constantly to check the status of the battery as this smart lock has been designed with a low battery warning signal
- Double authentication – It provides two barriers against break-ins as it requires two authentication methods to be implemented, more precisely your fingerprint or the card, and the password.
- Prank warning – If the door is being tampered with, whether it is through a forceful approach or if someone tries to enter and uses an incorrect password five times consecutively, a loud alarm will sound off and disable all types of authentication for three minutes.
- Touchpad randomizer – Before you actually enter the right password, you are guided to push two random numbers in order to prevent the password from being inferred based on the smudges left by your fingerprints.
- Fire warning – When abnormally high temperature is detected inside of your home, the fire warning feature is activated, sounding off an alarm that announces you of a potential fire outbreak. As this happens, the door automatically unlocks to give you easy and easy way to evacuate the building.
- Automatic locking – When you go out, all you have to do is close the door behind you without having to enter any password or use the card. The door will automatically lock itself, not requiring any re-checks and eliminating the stress that comes with worrying whether you did or didn’t close the door properly when you left home.
- Away mode – When you are away for a long time often, it comes in handy to install a door opening system that can be aware of your situation to further enhance security. Evidently, this Samsung product delivers when it comes to this aspect as it provides you with an easy manner to activate the Away mode – just push the Home button, and you can be on your way.
- Manual knob – In case there are issues with the circuit or there is any other problem which prevents you from using any of the “smart” opening methods, you can use the knob to lock or unlock the door.
|SHS-132 Specifications Sheet
||2.7” W x 6.9” H x 0.85” D
||4 x AA alkaline 1.5V
|Method of Opening
||Password, key tag, card
|Traditional Manual Keys
- Dead battery alarm – There are two methods you can select between in order to be announced when the battery is running low – either pick a specific melody or choose for the keypad LED to light up. As you are informed of the low battery status, you can change it in the nick of time, not exposing yourself to potential break-ins.
- Volume adjustment – Maybe that loud alarm is indeed a bit too loud after all. To not bother everyone in the apartment building in case you have a false alarm, it’s best to use volume adjustment to set the alarm at a convenient level which alerts you on the occurrence without presenting a nuisance to others.
- Silent mode – Obviously, as the system features volume adjustment, it indeed allows you to mute the alarm entirely in case you need to do so. For those who have small children or who often enter and exit their homes, it comes in handy to be able to select the Silent mode as they won’t present a nuisance for others.
The SHS-1321 is backed by Samsung with a 1-year warranty that ensures it will be free from manufacturing defects in workmanship and materials. In case the product fails to operate correctly during this time span, you can have it repaired or replaced free of charge by the manufacturing company. However, do make sure that you do not inflict direct damage upon it, or the warranty will be voided, and you will lose the perk of free repairs. An aspect that should worry you when it comes to door locking systems is whether or not these devices comply with safety regulations. The SHS-1321 is ideal when it comes down to this perspective as it is manufactured in compliance with EU RoHS. This means that the contents of harmful substances like mercury, lead, and cadmium is limited so that no member of your household is contaminated as a result of touching the opening system on a daily basis.
Even though there are a couple of technologies missing from the SHS-1321, like a companion app or automatic card detection, this does not take away from the quality of the system as a whole. It is a worthy acquisition to make still as it does present you with some of the latest anti-break-in technologies out there, including double authentication, touchpad randomizer, and prank warning. Another highlight is the clean, modern design that makes it easy on the eyes. When it comes to pricing, it is safe to say that this is one of the more conveniently priced options to go for. Add to all of these aspects the fact that it is manufactured by one of the most resounding brands in the world, and you will realize just how much you will benefit from installing it.