Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
T here’s absolutely no doubt that a smart door locking system improves your home’s security and adds more convenience. The latest models come with all sorts of features you haven’t thought of yet, using advanced technology for better securing your home. A great example of a smart lock is PIN Genie PGD728. In the following lines, we will highlight the main advantages of the systems as well as the possible drawbacks. This will help you draw a conclusion and decide whether this lock is what you’ve been looking for.
You don’t necessarily need to use the keypad to operate this system, just use the touchscreen or your smartphone. The system connects through Bluetooth and it doesn’t require any access to mobile or internet data. For making this possible, the lock features a 256-bit encryption Bluetooth device. When using the digital touchscreen, you have to enter a 6-8 digit PIN. Some of its features are:
- Keypad – There are 4 keypad buttons and each of them has 3 numbers. Just to make sure that nobody spies the codes, you can select the general or PIN crazy mode. The first one mixes the digits after each use while the second one mixes the numbers again after pressing each button
- Temporary Code – You can create passwords that only work once or temporary guest codes. For more convenience, you can send your visitors eKeys via e-mail, message, WhatsApp, and others. In the package, you will find 2 metal keys as well
- Battery – Will last for up to 12 months
In order to increase security when you’re at home, the system allows you to deactivate the touchscreen from the inside. This will make completely block access from the outside. Furthermore, the lock automatically deactivating if the user enters 3 wrong codes. For reactivating the lock, you need to enter the master passcode. Its security particularities are:
- Alarm – If someone tries to enter your home, the built-in alarm will activate. The alarm features 3 sensitivity levels: high, media, and low
- Auto-lock – It closes automatically after 30 seconds in case you’re in a hurry and forget to lock it
- Track – It keeps a log of all ins and outs. You can even receive notifications when the temporary eKeys are activated
|Dimensions||3.1 x 1.9 x 7.3 inches|
|Method of Opening||Keypad and key|
|Traditional Manual Keys|
Ease of use
Like most models in its class, it makes no exception when it comes to ease of use. These systems may seem complicated but in reality, they are very easy to use. You can either use the touchscreen by inserting the code or the app. The app can be downloaded for free and is compatible with almost all smartphone models. Therefore, you don’t need to be near the door to operate the lock.
Design and installation
The design of this system is very simple and intuitive. It is made of high-quality materials like zinc alloy, stainless steel, and high-impact plastic. Its design features are:
- Housing – The coating is scratch-resistant which makes the lock highly responsive and attractive
- Versatile – The model is available in two colors
- Installation – This can be done without the help of a professional in approximately 10 min. To fit most doors, the latch is provided with a basket that can be adjusted (2 3⁄8-inch or 2 3⁄4-inch)
Warranty and support
For peace of mind, the manufacturer offers a limited lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship, as well as on finish. The electronics are warranted for 1 year. When you purchase the lock, you will also receive the user manual and the installation instructions. Here you will find all the necessary information about the system. You can also check the manufacturer’s website for online support or call the customer support department to find the answer to your questions.
In the end, the extra functions are the ones that make this product stand out among its competitors. Apart from its excellent security functions like auto-lock or alarm and alerts, it is easy to operate, as it connects to your smartphone and allows you to create separate codes for every inhabitant of your home. Thus, your guests will have access during their visit, and you won’t have to put any effort into creating physical key copies for them. Plus, you can easily delete the codes, once the visit is over.