Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
N owadays, most products fall into one of two categories: expensive and durable or cheap and of poor quality. As a result, most people are reluctant to buy cheap devices, unless they only need them for a short period. While this logic generally applies to humidifiers as well, there are a few exceptions. A humidifier can be cheap and durable, as long as it is not too sophisticated. Furthermore, most customers who bought this device were very satisfied with it and even stated that it works well in the second and third year of use. At such a good price, this unit is definitely a bargain. The parts and labor are covered for three years, an extended warranty which we rarely see in the industry.
The Honeywell HWM 950 is very efficient, very quiet, and requires little maintenance. The evaporation technology rends a filter useless as most bacteria die through boiling. Nevertheless, the fact that it does not have a filter can cause certain deposits on the interior parts. These are some of its particularities:
- The 1-gallon reservoir tank is easy to open and can be refilled with minimum effort. The device even features a red light which indicates when the tank needs to be refilled
- It’s best suited for medium to large rooms of up to 1,050 sq. ft. It has a 3-gallon mist output per day and it can run up to 12 hours without needing a refill
- The medicine cup allows you to use it with liquid inhalers in order to relieve symptoms caused by respiratory problems
|Honeywell HWM 950 Spec Sheet|
|Area coverage||1,050 sq. ft.|
|Water tank capacity||1 gallon|
|Size||12.6″ x 7.5″ x 12.2″|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Honeywell HWM 950 is a cheap model that manages to adjust the humidity levels in a room with minimum effort. While it does not have fancy features such as humidistats, filters, and filter indicators, this uncomplicated device is very efficient in relieving respiratory problems and dry skin symptoms. It even has a medication compartment. It is very easy to operate as it only features 2 performance settings. The automatic shut-off feature turns the device off when the water drops below the minimum level.
The high capacity tank is large enough so you don’t have to constantly refill it. You can leave it running for up to 24 hours before you have to refill it. Some of these features are:
- When the water tank is full, it will automatically shut-off so it doesn’t malfunction. In addition to this, it prevents too much energy being consumed
- You can adjust the settings from low to high. It will have an impact on the comfort in the room
- The device is easy to clean because it’s dishwasher friendly
As we mentioned above, most customers who bought the Honeywell HWM 950, we were not just satisfied but amazed to discover such quality and efficiency in such a cheap device. As with all evaporation models, it is best to keep it away from children’s reach and to turn it off when you leave the house. Even if a humidifier is equipped with an automatic shut off, you never know when something can malfunction and cause a fire. The lack of a filter is rather bothersome as the diffused mist can cause an unpleasant white dust which settles on the furniture. However, this depends on the hardness of the used water.