Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
A humidifier can be useful in more than one way for your home because it can have benefits for the health of your family as well. One of the most common advantages of keeping one in your house is that it creates extra humidity in dry areas, thus preventing the cracking of paint and furniture. But another, less thought of benefit is that which it brings to human health, by removing threats to the respiratory system, eliminating dust mites, and other contaminants and pollutants from the air. If you are already convinced of the benefits, then you’re probably at a point where you’re wondering how to choose one that is suitable for your home and needs.
That is why today, we recommend the Air-O-Swiss 7100, an active device that dynamically absorbs excess moisture from the atmosphere. In what follows, we will take a closer look at its features and performance, thus hopefully help you come one step closer to choosing an appropriate product.
The design of a humidifier is not that important, to begin with, but it does have to be at least pleasing to the eye because most devices usually have to be kept within view. In that respect, this model is quite appealing, with its blue and white plastic casing, its small and rounded shape, and its incredibly convenient control panel with the LCD screen. Some of the design particularities are:
- The transparent water tank makes it easy for you to determine when the container needs to be emptied
- The timer allows you to leave it functioning between 1 and 9 hours continuously
- The cleaning and emptying indicators, telling you exactly when maintenance is needed without you having to worry about it beforehand
|Air-O-Swiss 7100 Spec Sheet|
|Area coverage||650 sq ft+|
|Water tank capacity||1.7 gallons|
|Mist output rate||3.5 gallons/day|
|Mist type||Cool & Warm|
- The control panel should be mentioned here as a part of a great industrial design that brings about user-friendliness in use
- The model is fitted with a silent motor, and the best part about it is that it produces both warm and cool mist. This means you can use the cool mist feature in the warm season to cool you off, and the warm mist when someone has a cold and needs a pleasant environment
- It has its own internal regulators that allow it to adjust to what it believes to be the most comfortable humidity levels, and then maintain it so for your comfort
In functionality, the Air-O-Swiss 7100 is great. First of all, its range of action reaches about 650 square feet, which means it can be effective throughout the house, and not just in one room. However, you don’t need to worry about it excessively humidifying one room, because you can adjust it however you like. If you dread the allergy season, a humidifier like this can make your life a whole lot easier; you can even pre-set the temperature for the warm mist function, and choose whatever you’re comfortable with.
This unit will cover an area that is a minimum of 650 sq. ft. In addition to this, even though it has a powerful motor, it’s still less noisy than the other models. The tank is light and practical which means that you will find it easy to maneuver it. The LCD display is easy-to-read and the controls are straightforward. Thus, you will find it easy to adjust the settings. The fact that it comes with a 3-year warranty means that the company stands strong with their product.