Everyone wants to have a garage where they can place their car, without worrying about burglars breaking in and because it’s almost impossible to keep an eye on the garage at all times you’ll want to invest in a garage door opener. The SOMMER Direct Drive 1042V001 3/4 HP is one of our favorites because it’s very affordable and convenient. This powerful system uses a 3/4-horsepower motor to operate and unlike most units, this model uses a chain drive to move along the trail. It can lift residential garage doors of up to 550 pounds made of heavy-duty materials. So, are you curious to find out if it can meet your expectations? Find out more below.
The main thing that sets this item apart from many comparable models is the fact that it doesn’t use a belt or screw system in order to lift the heavy garage door. Instead, the motor moves along the railing with a single moving part. For many customers who are used to having a traditional door opener on their garage door, the design may seem somewhat unconventional. Nonetheless, it doesn’t mean that it’s any less efficient. Some of its particularities are:
- Door Comparability – If you have a very tall garage door, of 10 feet or more, you should consider buying an extension but otherwise, it will work great for a 7-to 8-foot door
- Battery Backup – This machine comes with a battery backup that lasts through thirty thousand hours of power outages
- Rolling Code – This model uses a secure rolling code technology for opening or closing the door. This will ensure superior safety
- Smart – It uses a traveling motor technology which is noise free and it doesn’t even cause vibrations when operating
|Garage door type compatibility||7’ to 8’|
|Motion detection lights||Yes|
|Warranty||Lifetime for the entire system|
Installation And Maintenance
With this product, there’s only 1.5” of clearance needed for installation. This means that it will easily fit into tight spaces. The rail length is suitable for the majority of garage door application that is up to 8ft tall. You will not need an additional extension kit as everything you need is already included in the package. Some of its particularities are:
- Installation – It’s very easy to assemble and install. You do not need a professional to do and you can set it up with the usual tools that you can find in every garage
- Maintenance – There is no maintenance required as you do not have to lubricate it
- Light – It consumes 2 60-Watts light bulbs. They can be found in any store of your choice
- HomeLink – It’s home link compatible which means that the door can be used by a smart vehicle remote control system /li>
Warranty and support
The system is backed up by a lifetime warranty. This is extremely important because it’s a rare thing these days to find an opener that has lifetime warranties on all the components, including the railing, motor or other important parts that may damage with time. You can reach Sommer representatives during U.S business hours because even though their home office is based in Europe, they also have a North Carolina office to help US citizens.
Few garage door systems out there are as well designed as this model that we strongly recommend to all those who want to enjoy a complete security and protection from break-ins. The impressive horsepower gives it industrial strength, enabling the device to lift even the heaviest of garage doors. Therefore, if you have a heavy garage door, then this is definitely the opener that you need. What makes it truly special and what sets it apart from most openers on the market is the fact that it is able to work even when there is a power outage, ensuring security no matter the situation. This is all due to the battery backup feature, of course. But this isn’t the only notable feature, having a lot of other impressive elements that make it ideal for all homeowners.