Garage security is a hot topic that every homeowner should be interested in because many intrusions occur when people leave the garage door unlocked. For this not to happen, it’s best to install a garage door opener that will shut down the door and keep it locked, something like the Genie 1022-TH DC ChainLift. This is one of the best choices if you have a limited budget and you are not picky. Without further ado, let’s have a look at how this unit works and how it can increase the security of your home. The remote control will allow you to operate the device from a distance so it doesn’t matter where you install it.
Chain-driven openers are somewhat louder than the belt ones because these systems tend to make more noise when the chain is pulling the door but you will be surprised to discover that this is actually a very quiet device. Some of its characteristics are:
- Chain Motor – The ½ HPc DC 600 Newton chain motor is very powerful and sturdy yet manages to run smoothly and doesn’t seem to be overburdened by the garage door, hence the silent operating
- Chain Drive System – The unit features a dual pinion gear chain drive system that ensures the opener will run without any problems and for a very long time
- Installation – No other hardware is required for installing the unit and you will not need to perform difficult software work
It is very easy to install and you can have it up and running in a couple of hours thanks to the lightweight design and the electronic push button programming. Every start and stop will be soft and firm to prevent the wear of the chain from sudden movements.
|Garage door type compatibility||N/A|
|Technology||Dual pinion gear chain drive system|
|Motion detection lights||N/A|
|Warranty||5 years for motor, 1 year for the other parts|
Safety and Security Features
In terms of safety, we can say that we were impressed that it is equipped with a prompt system of sensors called Safe-T-Beam. This is an auto reversing system that starts and stops the garage door on its own whenever it senses something passing in front of the sensor beams. Some of its safety features are:
- IntelliTouch – This feature will automatically change the codes after every use which means that it will prevent people from bypassing the system
- Heavy-duty – The 24-volt motor has the ability to lift doors that weigh around 35 pounds as it has been designed with additional torque
All these features contribute to increase the security of the door opener and the comfort level in your life. Unfortunately, this opening system doesn’t feature internet connectivity or other smart features that might come in handy if you are a fan of home automation. Nonetheless, this doesn’t affect its safety.
Warranty and Support
Although it’s not a very expensive device, it is backed by a good warranty so you will know that the manufacturer takes good care of your purchase. The motor has a 5-year warranty for extended peace of mind while the other parts are covered by a 1-year warranty. Genie Company also offers customers all the support they need, online manuals, and spare parts that will guarantee a smooth use of their products.