Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
I f you would like to secure your home very well, then you must not omit your garage as burglars will find it very easy to enter your property through it, in case it doesn’t have a high-quality opener. Furthermore, once you install a device like this you will also be provided with great comfort as you will not need to open and close the door manually. We strongly recommend Chamberlain WD1000WF 1-1/4 HPS. Further details about this unit are provided in this review.
This wonderful garage door opener is excellent for doors up to 7 feet high. However, it is also compatible with 7708CB for 8 feet high doors, and 7710CB for 10 feet high doors. These extension kits do not come with the product, they are sold separately. The minimum ceiling clearance is 4 inches, the drive type is belt and the voltage is 120. It comes with a 1-1/4 HPS motor, which means that it’s best suited for standard aluminum sectional doors. This type of door is actually used in most new homes and those built from 1990 until today. Some of its particularities are:
- HomeLink – This device is HomeLink compatible. The system is widely used and implemented into millions of cars. It allows you to operate the doors from the distance through a button that is located inside the car, usually on the driver’s side.
- Belt – Unlike chain-driven mechanisms, which are known to be considerably noisy, it comes with a belt that is steel-reinforced. Thus, the operations take place in complete safety and with the minimum of noise
- LCD – It is one of the options that raise the price tag on this product, but you must consider its benefits, which include the display of useful information. Apart from temperature measurements, it lets you know if a malfunction is detected and gives you hints about its nature
- Installation – The Quick-Install rail system is more reliable than any standard PVC railing system and is easier to install. The rail assemblies in only 60 seconds. The radio frequencies are 310, 315, and 390
|Chamberlain WD1000WF Specs|
|Garage door type compatibility||7’ H|
|Motion detection lights||No|
|Warranty||Lifetime for motor, 5 years for parts, 1 year for accessories|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Safety and Security Features
Since this is an innovative device, the customer’s expectations are higher, especially as the quality should reflect the price. The good news is that it does what the description says, allowing not only for easy control directly from the vehicle, but it provides means to monitor everything. What you need to do is to download the free MyQ app from the App Store or Google Play. Some of its safety features are:
- Safety Sensors – Thanks to the safety sensors, there is no risk of being hurt by the closing door as it will detect potential obstacles in its path and it will stop moving
- Battery Backup – Power outages are known to happen exactly at the worst moment, and you wouldn’t want to deal with a trapped car exactly when you are already late for work. In this case, the battery will save you, even if the power is off for up to 3 days
- MyQ Scheduling – With this first-rate technology, you can monitor who and when opens the garage doors, and even schedule different moments in the day when the doors should automatically open. Thus, if you have a housekeeper coming, for example, you can automatically let him/him in through the garage
The complete set includes everything you need for mounting and controlling the system. Apart from the battery backup, which, as we have already explained, is a must, you will find two remote controls with three buttons each. Thus, another member of the family can gain control over the opener, in case the doors need to be actioned at different moments in the day. Moreover, as we have talked about smart applications, you are probably wondering about the ways it manages to connect to the internet. The answer is actually very simple and it implies a WiFi connection. More explicitly, the unit can detect the signal from your router and, once programmed, it will automatically connect to it. Thus, even if you are not on the perimeter, you can close or open the door. How amazing is that? You will never have to go through a stressful day at work thinking that you might have left the door open.
Warranty and Support
The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty on motor and belt, 5-year warranty on parts, and a 1-year warranty on accessories. The Customer Service Department can be contacted by anyone who wants further details about this product, and others as well. All the contact details are shown on the manufacturer’s website.
If you have read our reviews for other models, you have probably noticed that Chamberlain appears often. This is all due to the fact that Chamberlain is one of the best manufacturers of garage door openers out there, this being easy to see once you read the review. It is able to lift the heaviest of doors and it does a wonderful overall job due to its amazing performance and features. It’s MyQ enabled, thus allowing you to control the garage door remotely, and check on it as well. It’s extremely quiet and smooth in operation. Also, it ensures that the WD1000WF will function no matter the situation due to the fact that it features a battery backup.