If you would like to secure your home very well, then you must not omit your garage as burglars will find it very easy to enter your property through it, in case it doesn’t have a high-quality opener. Furthermore, once you install a device like this you will also be provided with great comfort as you will not need to open and close the door manually. We strongly recommend Chamberlain WD1000WF 1-1/4 HPS. Further details about this unit are provided in this review. Therefore, if you are interested in it, continue reading it.
This wonderful garage door opener is excellent for doors up to 7 feet high. However, it is also compatible with 7708CB for 8 feet high doors, and 7710CB for 10 feet high doors. These extension kits do not come with the product, they are sold separately. The minimum ceiling clearance is 4 inches, the drive type is belt and the voltage is 120. The WD1000WF comes with a 1-1/4 HPS motor, which means that it’s best suited for standard aluminum sectional doors. This type of doors is actually used at most new homes and at those built from 1990 until today. Some of its particularities are:
- HomeLink – This device is HomeLink compatible. It works with the in-vehicle remote control system that is actually built into most cars. The compatibility Bridge, which is not included, is necessary for certain vehicles
- Belt – Thanks to the ultra-quiet with a heavy-duty, steel-reinforced belt, you will open and close the garage door as many times as you want with less noise
- LCD – The LCD wall control will enable you to view the temperature, time, diagnostics, program additional remotes, and turn opener lights on and off
- Installation – Due to the Quick-Install rail system, the installation will be very easy and quick as well. The rail assemblies in only 60 seconds. The radio frequencies are 310, 315, and 390
|Garage door type compatibility||7’ H|
|Motion detection lights||No|
|Warranty||Lifetime for motor, 5 years for parts, 1 year for accessories|
Safety and Security Features
Since this is an innovative device, you can have peace of mind knowing you will actually be able to monitor and control your garage door from anywhere. What you need to do is to download the free MyQ app from the App Store or Google Play. Some of its safety features are:
- Safety Sensors – Thanks to the safety sensors, there is no risk of being hurt by the closing door as it will detect potential obstacles in its path and it will stop moving
- Battery Backup – The battery backup function allows for normal use, in case the power is out
- MyQ Scheduling – This feature will give you peace of mind as you can set a time for the garage door to open and to close. Thus, you no longer have to worry for the whole day whether you have closed the door
The whole set comes with a battery backup, 2 three-button remote controls, wireless keypad, and an LCD wall control that shows time, temperature, diagnostics, and more. This device operates with 200 Watts of light and the bulbs are not included. This door opener will easily and quickly connect to your home Wi-Fi network so that you can control it as you desire. Being a smartphone-compatible device enables you to access it using your smartphone so you will have the option to check on your garage door or open and close it from a distance. No additional hardware is needed.
Warranty and Support
The manufacturer provides a lifetime warranty on motor and belt, 5-year warranty on parts, and 1-year warranty on accessories. The Customer Service Department can be contacted by anyone who wants further details about this product, and others as well. All the contact details are shown on the manufacturer’s website.
If you have read our reviews for other models, you have probably noticed that Chamberlain appears often. This is all due to the fact that Chamberlain is one of the best manufacturers of garage door openers out there, this being easy to see once you read the review. It is able to lift the heaviest of doors and it does a wonderful overall job due to its amazing performance and features. It’s MyQ enabled, thus allowing you to control the garage door remotely, and check on it as well. It’s extremely quiet and smooth in operation. Also, it ensures that the WD1000WF will function no matter the situation due to the fact that it features battery backup.