I n case you’re after sustainable energy on which you don’t have to pay tax, we have all of the right models for your needs. All of the products mentioned in this review are for those who don’t want to spend tax money on their energy source. In addition to this, they’re versatile and have a low-profile design that will not bring unwanted attention to your home.
Similarly to Bedroom Ceiling Fans, they’re very easy to install and you don’t need the help of a professional if you don’t want to. Our team of experts has spent numerous hours researching and testing so you will be ensured efficiency and reliability. You can rely on us as we’ve handpicked the models that are worthy of your time and efforts.
- 15. Natural Light SAF36B-FL
- 14. Broan 345SOBK
- 13. Remington Solar Attic Fan
- 12. ECO LLC Roof Fan
- 11. Solar RoofBlaster
- 10. Amtrak Solar Fan
- 9. ECO-WORTHY 25W Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
- 8. Iliving Smart Solar Fan ILG8SF301
- 7. ESM Products 30w Solar Fan
- 6. Natural Light SAF
- 5. Broan 345SOWW
- 4. GBGS Polycrystalline Solar Panel
- 3. HQST Roof Mount
- 2. Rand Solar Powered
- 1. Natural Light Florida Rated
- Top 5 Comparison
15. Natural Light SAF36B-FL
Without a doubt, this has been an industry-leading brand for many years. The reason for this is because their products are not only high quality but also efficient for many years, with limited maintenance. Furthermore, it’s also noted that the highest quality materials have been used, to produce this solar fan. As it’s made in the US, the highest standards have been taken into consideration when producing this unit.
Powerful DC Motor
Due to the included motor, this is powered by the 36-watts solar panel to cover an area of up to 1628 cu. ft. Thus, it has the ability to move the hot air out of the attic every day during sunlight. Its design features are:
- Adjustable – To achieve the most sunlight, the panel can be adjusted from flat to 45-degrees angle
- Installation – You don’t have to call a professional for help as there’s no wiring required
- Material – The brackets are made from stainless steel which means that they’re resistant to the outside weather conditions
In comparison, with the other models in its price range, you can purchase this product with confidence as you will be protected by a 25-years warranty period. Hence, if it damages due to the workmanship, the company will cover the repair costs or exchange it with a new unit.
|2625 sq. ft.||1628 cu. ft.||36-watts||DC motor|
Features To Consider
- Housing Dimensions – 27.2” x 27.2” x 11.5”
- Suitability – Roofs that are 3/12 to 12/12 pitch
A large quantity of air will be produced due to the numerous blades integrated. You don’t have to worry about insects, birds, and animals being allowed to enter your attic as it has been designed with 3.25” x 48” stainless steel wire mesh. In addition to this, it also comes with a motor isolation bracket.
Similarly, with the products mentioned in this review, this also has an energy-efficient design. Furthermore, the fan has a low-noise operation. Hence, you will not be able to hear any vibrations or as it’s producing air.
In comparison, with the other models, this is an excellent choice for states with extreme weather conditions. For example, it can withstand winds that are up to 80 mph. Thus, it can hold during hurricane weather.
14. Broan 345SOBK
This solar-powered ventilator has the ability to run on 28-watts. Similarly, to the other models mentioned, this unit will convert sunlight into electrical power. Thus, it has the capacity to provide around 537 CFM year-round, regardless of the outside conditions. The low-profile design will bring minimal attention to itself so it’s unobtrusive.
Tempered Glass Panel
To ensure longevity for many years to come, this model has been designed with thick and reliable materials. Therefore, you can enjoy quality for many years to come. Its design features are:
- Plastic – The ABS plastic will not be affected by the outside conditions, regardless if they’re extreme or not
- UV-stabilized – In case you live in a hot state, you should know that the material doesn’t get damaged if exposed to extreme sunlight
- Polycrystalline Silicon – As the weather is unpredictable, you can rest assured as the panel will withstand large hailstones and below-freezing temperatures
The small footprint it leaves means that you can install this even if you have a compact roof. In addition to this, the stainless steel fasteners and the galvanized steel brackets are corrosion-resistant.
|1400 sq. ft.||537 cu. ft.||28-watts||DC motor|
Features To Consider
- Dome Height – 9 inches
- Housing Dimensions – 25.5” x 25.5”
- Dome Dimensions – 26.” x 29.9” x 7.75”
- Roof Opening Width – 14 inches
DC Variable Voltage Motor
As it measures 12” in diameter, the direct-current motor is dynamically balanced to not only ensure reliable performance, but also a silent one. Furthermore, some of its particularities are:
- Blades – Consistent airflow will be ensured through the 5-blades design
- Screen – The animals, birds, and insects will be prevented from entering inside of the attic through the aluminum and heavy-gauge screen
- Thermostat – This optional installation will transform this fan into automatic operation. When the temperatures dip below 50-degrees Fahrenheit, the motor will turn off
This high capacity fan has the capacity to move around 537 cu. ft. of air per minute. Thus, it’s suitable for those with large homes. Furthermore, the 28-watts operation makes this an energy-efficient model even though it has the ability to cover a large area.
13. Remington Solar Attic Fan
Crafted with a brushless 24-volts DC motor, this fan will keep your attic cool so you don’t overwork your air conditioner. Completely powered by solar energy, you don’t have to worry about spending further money to keep your home cool. By reducing attic temperature, you will also remove destructive moisture, hence, making your home a comfortable environment.
Humidistat and Thermostat Integrated
The fan will last for many years to come as it has been made from thick steel. In addition to this, the weather cannot affect the quality of the material as it’s powder-coated. Therefore, it’s rust-proof and corrosion-resistant. Its design features are:
- Versatile – This fan has a built-in humidistat and thermostat
- Mesh – The stainless steel mesh will keep insects and bugs away from entering your attic
- Automatic – The fan will automatically turn on when the temperature has reached 80°F and 75% relative humidity
|2,000 sq. ft.||1,420 cu. ft.||25-watts||DC motor|
No City Permits
By considering this model, you don’t have to worry about electrical wiring, expensive electricians, or city permits. In comparison, with the other models in its price range, this unit is Texas Windstorm Certified. Hence, it’s not only efficient but also safe.
Furthermore, the tiltable panel will ensure to capture a high percentage of the sunlight, for optimal performance. Also, the flashing and the shrouder have been designed to be seamless to provide a weather-proof installation.
12. ECO LLC Roof Fan
As it’s powered by the sun, it has a fully automatic operation. So, your home will no longer deal with the consequences of heat build-up. Additionally, the 65-watts vent combined with the 100-watts solar panel will keep your home cool even in extremely hot weather.
You don’t have to worry about spending further money on a professional to set it up. This unit is easy to install by yourself as there’s no wires or power supply. Hence, you don’t need to connect it to any electricity sources. Some of its design features are:
- Material – The aluminum shell will ensure longevity so you can benefit from it for many years
- Seal – The rubber seal will prevent water from entering the home
- Battery – You can add an additional battery to ensure optimal performance during bad weather
|4,000 sq. ft.||3,000 cu. ft.||65-watts||DC motor|
Features To Consider
- Temperature Range – -40°F – 176°F
- Dimensions – 26.2″ x 39.4″ x 1.4″
- Capacity – 3,000 CFM
As it doesn’t require any electricity to operate, you will take care of your needs and of the environment. To prevent further investment, inside of the package, you will find everything you possibly need without further investment. Thus, the package includes the solar panel, a solar vent fan, and the MC4 connector.
11. Solar RoofBlaster
If you have trapped heat in your attic, it will not only reduce the life expectancy of the roof but it will also bring unnecessary heat to your home. In fact, if you’re planning to sell your home, such a product is a requirement. This is why we present you with this model that is not only affordable to all but also an ideal solution. In order to get the most for your money you can use this in your attic, utility shed greenhouse and garage.
Pre-installed on 8” Metal
The solar panel is pre-installed on a metal roof vent with flushing measuring 17” x 17”. The stainless steel clips and the two ball bearings will keep the 3-watts solar panel into place. Some of its features are:
- Base – The 17-inch base will ensure a waterproof construction as it it’s leak-proof
- Operation – The fan will work 24/7 regardless of rain or sunshine
- Screen – The 1/8” mesh screen will ensure bugs, insects, and birds don’t pass through
|100 sq. ft.||39 cu. ft.||3-watts||DC motor|
Features To Consider
- Hours Rated – 50,000 hours or 15 years with 9hrs/day operation
- RPM – 2700
- CFM – 39 cu. ft. per minute
Claim on Tax Return
You don’t have to worry about being distracted when it operates as it provides a quiet cool. This means that you can install it in the greenhouse or in the dog house. Furthermore, customers have also noted that this model can be installed on an attic wall rather than the roof. As well as, the company is available at all times to help with the installation process if you need to.
As you will receive every tool necessary inside of the kit, it means that you won’t have to make considerable investments. Furthermore, by installing this particular model, you can claim 30% on your tax return. This will cover the purchase price, installation costs, and sales tax.
10. Amtrak Solar Fan
This 40-watt Crystalline solar panel will begin operating every day from the moment sunlight approaches the solar panel. Best of all, there’s no need to make holes in the roof, call specialists, or get permits as the wiring is quick and easy so you can do it yourself. Similarly, with the others, this is a versatile unit which means that you can install it in the greenhouse, garage, or RV. Inside the package, you will find 15 ft of extra wire and brackets so you don’t have to invest further.
Thermal Protected Motor
In case you live in a hot state with unpredictable temperatures, you don’t have to worry about the safety of the fan as it has integrated protection. Some of its features are:
- Motor – The 12-volt DC motor will ensure proper ventilation of the air while keeping the noise down
- Thermostat – You will be provided with a free optional thermostat upon request
- Blades – The metal blades will maintain quality throughout the years
|2,250 sq. ft.||1,750 cu. ft.||40-watts||DC motor|
Features To Consider
- Blades size – 10-inch
- Durability – 30-years
- Warranty – 25-years
To make it easier for you to install the fan, they will provide you with every tool you need. Thus, inside the package, you will find 4 Z brackets. Each bracket is made from aluminum which means that it’s corrosion-resistant and will maintain quality regardless of the weather conditions or environment. Additionally, you will also find the nuts and bolts to properly secure the solar panel.
For optimal performance, you should install it behind the Gable vent. This will ensure proper removal of the hot air and excellent air circulation. Perhaps, you will be pleased to know that it has been made in the US after American standards so it will meet your expectations with ease.
9. ECO-WORTHY 25W Solar Powered Attic Ventilator
Do you want to cut your cooling costs drastically? If so, this ventilator will cool down your roof while reducing the load on your air conditioning system. Best of all, even if you live in a state with unpredictable weather, the fan can work automatically through a low voltage use so you will be able to get a ventilated attic even on cloudy days. Furthermore, this is one of the best sellers because you can use it for your attic and for your garage as well.
In order to get the most from the sun and from the ventilator, you will be able to adjust it according to your own specific needs. The adjustable angle mounting brackets and the 16 feet solar cable are included in the package which means that you don’t have to invest further. Some of its design features are:
- Blades – The blades have been made from thick aluminum alloy to maintain efficiency throughout the years
- Solar Glass – The grass is made of low iron and it has high transparency with a thickness of 3.2mm
- Motor – The brushless motor will ensure a quiet operation for up to 24-hours or until you unplug it
|2,000 sq. ft.||1,960 cu. ft.||25-watts||DC motor|
- Air Movement – The fan has a capacity of 1960 cu. ft. per minute (CFM)
- Motor Lifespan – 10,000 hours
- Dimensions – Open size ( 27.8” x 13.8” x 0.7”), folded size (13.8” x 13.8” x 1.5”)
- Minimum Voltage Required – 4-volts
You don’t have to spend further money to get a professional to help you with installation as every tool you need is included in the package. The 25-watt solar panel comes ready to be plug-and-play. All that you will need to ensure from your behalf is to position the solar panel to face directly to the sun and connect the fan itself to the solar panel’s wire through the included connector. This is it.
When it comes to the warranty, the company will offer you 5 years of warranty period for the solar panel. In fact, the company has guaranteed to take full responsibility and cover any repair costs if the product gets damaged or lost in transit. Additionally, if you have any issues or concerns, you can get in contact with the customer service team at all times, for a lifetime.
8. Iliving Smart Solar Fan ILG8SF301
If you want to cool your home yet you’re aware of the costs, you should consider this cost-efficient product. The reason for this is because the energy that it gathers from the sun is for free, thus, the maintenance costs will be minimal. Unlike the majority of the models that are currently on the market, this fan can be also mounted on the wall and on the roof. Hence, you will get the most for your money as you can adjust it according to your exact needs.
Smart Thermostat Integrated
The smart thermostat that has been strategically integrated will control the temperature between 65-degrees to 130-degrees Fahrenheit. However, if you wish, you have the freedom to disable the feature and keep the temperature exactly however you need it. Some of its design features are:
- Motor – The brushless motor will produce minimal noise even if it’s used extensively throughout the day and night>
- Waterproof – Even if you live in an unpredictable-weather state, you can rest assured as the motor is waterproof. It has an IP68 rating
- Adjustable – You can adjust it according to your needs as it can be angled at 0°, 15°, 30°, 45°
|2,000 sq. ft.||1,750 cu. ft.||20-watts||AC plug-in|
Large Coverage Area
It doesn’t matter the size of your attic as it can cover an area of 2,000 sq. ft. In addition to this, it also has a capacity of 1750 CFM. As it has been engineered in the US by dedicated experts, this model is suitable for California use. Some of its particularities are:
- Panel – The solar panel has been designed from polycrystalline which means that it will maintain quality throughout the years
- Warranty – You can purchase in confidence as you will be covered by 15-years warranty period
- Power Supply – The AC power supply will ensure that the fan is non-stop running. This is an add-on feature which means that you can turn it on or off
The reason why many people all over the world vouch for this solar fan is because it’s easy to install even if you don’t have any experience. Additionally, you can also adjust the angle according to your particular needs.
7. ESM Products 30w Solar Fan
Similarly, to the other models, this high-capacity fan doesn’t only remove moisture. It can also provide excellent ventilation in order to lower temperatures in the hot seasons. It has been engineered by US experts in order to provide efficiency for numerous years. This model has the ability to cover an area that measures 2800 sq. ft. and moves up to 1550 CFM. Such superior performance cannot be seen at the majority of the models that are currently on the market.
Due to its design, it can remove destructive-moisture fast and lower the temperatures in your home. The 30-watts fan has the capacity to improve living conditions and lower the price for utility bills. This fan has been constructed with:
- Housing – The 2mm aluminum has no seams to eliminate the possibility of leaks and fast corrosion
- Motor – The DC brushless motor means that this fan has a whisper-quiet operation without any detectable vibrations
- Blade – The 12” diameter 5-blade aluminum design will ensure superior performance so the fan can cover a large area with ease
- Thermostat – The fan can automatically detect when the temperatures have risen. Thus, when it goes above 80℉, it will automatically start the cooling process
|2,800 sq. ft.||1,550 cu. ft.||30-watts||DC motor|
Weather Resistant Design
It’s important to mention that you can set up the fan by yourself without seeking professional advice. The reason for this is because it comes with an installation manual that has been crafted by professionals. Some of its characteristics are:
- Panel – The 304# stainless-steel wire screen mesh will prevent rodents, birds, and insects intruding
- Bracket – the surface has gone through oxidation treatment in order to provide durability for many years
- Adjustable – You can maneuver which way the fan should face as the brackets are fully controllable
Generous Warranty Period
Since this is another one of the best models on the market, the unit comes with a generous warranty period. Thus, by considering this model you will be covered by 7-years warranty against any damages or concerns. Hence, if the fan damages, the company will cover the repair costs or exchange it with a new one. Regardless, numerous customers have vouched for this fan as it has a superior capacity for large attics. Also, this is considered to be “Florida Rated’ as many customers are from this state. This proves how efficient this model is.
6. Natural Light SAF
This 12-watt model has a capacity of 893 Cubic Feet Per Minute and it has the ability to cover an area of up to 1260 sq. ft. Therefore, it will provide cold air, remove moisture, and prevent mold from developing in the whole attic from corner to corner. The fan has been engineered in the US which means that it has been made in order to fit your high expectation. It also removes hot air and moisture with ease due to its power. You can easily install it yourself as long as you adjust it according to your needs. Position it flat or to a 45-degree angle, detached and mounted remotely in order to get the best sun exposure.
- Motor – The motor has been strategically positioned in order to ensure excellent balance to achieve a whisper-quiet operation with low vibrations
- Blade – Similarly, to the other models, this has a 5-blade aluminum design to ensure a consistent performance throughout the seasons
- Thermostat – This is optional. If you choose to wire it with a thermostat, it can ensure an automatic operation
|1,260 sq. ft.||893 cu. ft.||12-watts||DC motor|
This fan can be mounted on pitched fiberglass-asphalt shingle roofs that measure 3/12 to 12/12. The fan has been engineered this way in order to prevent obstructions that may affect its air flow. Some of its particularities are:
- Angled throat will ensure a suction effect that will increase its CFM while protecting the motor
- The raised panel will prevent heat build-up and improve air circulation throughout your attic
- The stainless-steel mesh will prevent insects, rodents, and birds from entering your attic
Excellent Customer Service
What stands out about this product is the fact that it comes with 25-years warranty period on the solar panel, motor, and housing. Therefore, in case its quality isn’t the same anymore or there are problems with the housing, the company will fix it without costing you any money. Thus, you can consider this an investment.
5. Broan 345SOWW
This model uses energy from the sun in order to cool you down. It features a 28-watt solar panel which will capture the sunlight from dawn to dusk. This ensures enough force to convert it into electrical power that will keep your attic cool and dry all day long. The fan will ensure a superior airflow from corner-to-corner. The 537 CFM capacity means that you are provided the attic with year-round protection from heat, moisture, and mold spores.
|2,000 sq. ft.||537 cu. ft.||28-watts||DC motor|
Pest and Weather Resistant
- Housing – The housing features a molded design of UV-stabilized, color-dyed, rugged ABS plastic that is resistant to hail and fading for numerous years to come
- Blade – It features a one-piece aluminum 5-blade fan that is designed for maximum airflow
- Panel – The tempered and ruged solar panel will withstand extreme weather conditions such as hail. It will prevent insects, birds, and rodents from intruding through the glass
Due to the fact that it’s black, it has a low-profile so it won’t bring unwanted attention to your home. In addition to this, the high CFM means that it can cover up to 3,222 cubic foot attic with ease. As well as, the direct-current motor has been strategically implemented to provide an even air distribution throughout the space while being whisper-quiet.
4. GBGS Polycrystalline Solar Panel
Without a doubt, this is one of the best models that are currently on the market as it has been crafted in order to provide efficiency and practicality. For example, the brushless motor will ensure an excellent operation regardless of the weather. The reason for this is because it has an IP68 waterproof rating which means that you can rely on it.
It has been noted that this fan will considerably reduce heat in the hot seasons and moisture in winter. Furthermore, it can also prevent mold spores from developing and increase roof longevity. Some of its features are:
- Motor – The 24-volt motor is powered by the industrial-grade 20-watt solar panel which in turn is thermostatically controlled
- Automatic – If the thermostat detects a rise in attic temperature and it has reached 77℉, it will automatically turn on. On the other hand, once the temperature has lowered to 65℉, it will automatically shut off
- Air deflector – The smooth-air deflector will allow the fan to produce a smooth airflow that increases exhaust performance and reliability
|2,625 sq. ft.||1,750 cu. ft.||20-watts||DC motor|
Important Features Integrated
- You can adjust it horizontally up to 90-degrees and vertically 4 angles such as 0°, 15°, 30°, and 45° in order to get the best sun exposure
- The thermostat is built inside of the product to eliminate the possibility of it overheating
- It provides a ventilation of 1750 CFM
- Whisper-quiet motor
Easy Installation and Excellent Quality
You can install this fan by yourself as it comes with a mounting and installation guide that has been developed by professionals. The fan has been engineered in the US which means that it will meet your high-expectations with ease. Also, the blades have been crafted from nylon-fiber and aluminum in order to provide longevity for numerous years. In fact, by considering this product you will be covered by 10 years warranty on motor and 20 years warranty on the solar panel.
3. HQST Roof Mount
The 15-watt solar panel will ensure superior airflow that will provide excellent ventilation. It has the capability of lowering your attic temperatures and stop damages from moisture. In addition to this, it has a one-time installation and it will be effortless as you won’t need the help of a professional.
Strong and Reliable
You can also adjust it to a 45-degree angle or detach and mount it to ensure maximum exposure to the sun. The durable rust-free aluminum will provide the same high efficiency for numerous years to come. Thus, you can rely on it for numerous years to come. Some of its characteristics are:
- Thermostat – It also has an optional snap-on thermostat so you can use it in colder states
- Versatile – You will be thoroughly pleased to know that you can install it on pitched fiberglass asphalt shingle roofs
- Powerful – It comes with an adjustable 30-watts panel which will maintain proper attic ventilation
|1,076 sq. ft.||1,750 cu. ft.||15-watts||DC motor|
Features Worthy To Remember
- Ultra-quiet – You will be not disturbed by any weird noises as it has an ultra-quiet operation
- No maintenance – You don’t have to worry about maintenance as it doesn’t require any
- Warranty – You will be covered by 1-year warranty on material and workmanship
This model has been designed in order to provide you with efficiency and convenience. As soon as the sun hits the solar panels, the unit will start working properly. What’s worthy to mention is that you can also detach it and mount it manually for efficient exposure to the sun. This is of course if you don’t find the 45-degrees mount efficient enough.
2. Rand Solar Powered
It has been noted that your attic can get hotter than 160-degrees in the summer. The excessive heat will travel to your house and make it difficult to live in. This is where this product can come in handy. This attic fan is capable of lowering the temperature up to 50 degrees. Since it’s powered by the sun, you will enjoy the no cost benefits it will bring. Due to the decreased attic temperature, it will increase the longevity of the entire roof system.
Even though it doesn’t have a powerful motor, it still has the capability of cooling a room of up to 700 feet of attic space. In addition to this, it’s very practical that it doesn’t create a lot of noise which means that you can keep it functioning for the whole day. Some of its characteristics are:
- Material– The Polycrystalline solar panel will ensure that it has the same efficiency throughout the years
- Motor – The brushless motor will operate even in lower light and overcast conditions
- Versatile –You can use this for box truck an RVs so you will always be provided with cool air
|700 sq. ft.||435 cu. ft.||8-watts||DC motor|
In case you have a larger space or a higher heat load, we advise that you can install more fans or use the larger rooftop fans. In addition to this, there is no wiring to perform. The unit is also self-contained which means that you can mount it to the roof and it works automatically. Some of its features are:
- Auto-regulating – It doesn’t require thorough maintenance because it regulates automatically according to the weather. At night, it will automatically turn off
- Adjustable– The adjustable angle bracket will allow you to dial in the optimal panel angle relative to the sun
- Housing – The high impact ABS plastic housing will resist corrosion. It will also withstand heat, wind, hail, and UV light
In conclusion, this is another excellent model on the market because it comes with a variety of features and characteristics. As well as, it’s suitable for barns, garages, workshops, and homes. Thus, by considering this model, this is another product that will save you money. The reason why we recommend it is because it will prove to be an investment rather than a meaningless purchase.
1. Natural Light Florida Rated
This model will improve the air circulation in your attic which means it will maintain the attic cool and the moisture out. In addition to this, in the winter, it will prevent ice damages and moisture build-up. Thus, it will improve the life of the roof. In addition to this, it has a sleek design that looks neat and tidy on your roof. Thus, it won’t bring undue attention to your home. As well as, it’s highly efficient and powerful without qualifying for solar tax credits.
Smart and Innovative
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that the installation doesn’t require any wiring. Therefore, you don’t have to call in a professional if you don’t want to. As well as, all of the necessary installation hardware is included which means that it will save you some money so you don’t have to invest further. Some of its features are:
- Snap-on Thermostat – This will allow you to use the product in colder climates and when there’s a limited amount of sun
- DC Motor The fan will move hot air and moisture out of the attic space every day without fail so you can rely on it for numerous years
- Adjustable – You will enjoy the fact that you can control it according to your needs without having to invest further
- CFM – This product has a large cubic foot per minute in order to ensure that your attic will be cooled down fast
|2,625 sq. ft.||1,628 cu. ft.||36-watts||DC motor|
Convenient and Practical
This product is suitable for 3/12 to 12/12 pitch roofs. If you wish, you can also purchase Turret extension and Tile Roof Flashing kits in case you want it to fit your specific roof or you want it to stand out. Regardless, the features that it does have, prove it to be as one of the best on the market. Some of its particularities are:
- Housing – Impact resistant plastic housing will last for numerous years to come so you don’t have to spend a lot of money on maintenance
- Fire Safety Switches – This will ensure that you will be protected and safe at all times without worrying about fires
- Energy-efficient– You no longer have to worry about expensive energy bills as this will not boost your energy bill
This model is one of the best on the market because it fits the majority of roofs without the need for you to purchase an extension. In addition to this, you don’t have to call in a professional to set it up. Thus, by considering this model, you will be able to save up money. In addition to this, this model is convenient and practical which means that you will enjoy it for as long as you wish.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. Natural Light Florida Rated||2. Rand Solar Solar Powered||3. HQST Roof Mount||4. GBGS Polycrystalline Solar Panel||5. Broan 345SOWW|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
Maximum Power (watts)
|1628 CFM||435 CFM||1462 CFM||1750||537|
|27.2 x 27.2 x 11.5||17 x 17 x 4.75||20.9 x 20.9 x 9.8||20 x 20 x 13||2.6 x 2.4 x 0.8|
|2625 sq. ft.||700 sq. ft.||2625 sq. ft.||1750||3,222|
|0° – 45°||0° – 45°||0° – 45°||0°/15°/30°/45°||0°|
Here’s What You Need To Know About Solar Tax
In 2015, Congress has renewed the popular solar tax credit which allowed more homeowners to benefit from solar power. When you install a solar power system, the federal government rewards you with a tax credit for investing in solar energy. Thus, the money will be deducted from the amount of federal tax you owe each year just by having solar power. Since Trump has been increasingly interested in raising the tax, you have nothing to worry about as for 2018 and 2019, the tax credit is still in place.
- Credit steps down –It’s important to understand that the value of the credit will go down as the year’s pass. In 2018 and 2019, the credit will remain 30%. In 2020, the tax will be of 26% and in 2021, it will be 22%. Whereas, in 2022, you will receive no credit if you don’t use it in commercial projects.
- Easy to claim –There are numerous expenses that you can claim on. Some of them are solar equipment, freight shipping costs, solar consulting fees, professional installer fees, electrician fees, engineer fees, and tools bought or rented. It’s important to understand that the cost will vary depending on the approach you take to installation.
- There’s no middle man – Unlike electricity, you will be in charge of the system as you own everything. Therefore, you will have full control of how much the appliances can be powered with and when to turn it on or off. You don’t have to worry whether it will function at nighttime or in cloudy weather as the solar panels are innovatively designed to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Money-saving – The bill states that if the motor doesn’t have a large capacity, you won’t have to pay tax. This includes all of the models that we’ve mentioned. In other words, if your house runs on solar power, you will save a lot of money as you won’t have to pay the same taxes someone with unsustainable electricity does.
Solar Attic Fan VS Electric
There’s no hiding the fact that a hot and humid attic is detrimental fo your home. You are faced with high A/C bills, shorter shingle life, and mold/mildew issues. In the olden days, electric fans were the only option that you could use. The only problem with this solution is the fact that it had a heavy electric load that would cut into the savings that you tried to acquire.
Furthermore, the homeowners would’ve had to install a thermostat but that also had its own limitations. When the temperatures would rise, the fan would turn on. When the temperatures dropped, the fans turn off. The constant temperature fluctuations would damage the fan and it was often costly to repair. Nonetheless, no one can doubt the high capacity of air movement an electric fan would produce.
Take a look at each feature to decide which fan best suits your needs:
Solar Attic Fan
|Non-costly power bills||Constant cooling ability|
|Low operational noise||It’s not environmentally conscious|
|It can cover a large area||Difficult DIY installation|
|Safe for the environment||It requires maintenance|
|Easy to install by yourself||Loud operational noise|
These fans will take care of your needs and the environment. As we desperately need to save the planet, these units are exactly what you need. After all, you will be exempt from city permits and other taxes, there’s nothing to lose by installing these products.
These are the most that we recommend to take a second look at:
Best Overall: Natural Light Florida Rated
This unit comes with all of the installation hardware needed so you don’t have to call a professional to help you with the setup process. In addition to this, it has also been designed with numerous safety features such as Fire Safety Switches which will automatically shut off the fan if it has detected a power surge.
As well as, the DC motor will maintain quality over the years to ensure safe operation even when you’re not at home.
Best quality-price: Broan 345SOWW
This has a 28-watts solar panel which will capture the sunlight from dawn until dusk. As well as, the 537 CFM capacity will cover the whole attic evenly to ensure excellent airflow from corner to corner. Perhaps, when it comes to safety standards this is a worthy model to consider as the tempered and rugged solar panel will withstand extreme weather conditions.