When the temperatures inside your house get too high and you start feeling hot, a cooling fan will help you lower the temperature and create a more comfortable ambiance. Unlike AC systems, a fan moves the air around so that it starts getting cold, meaning the consumption is smaller, which is something you will appreciate. The Lasko 2551 42” Wind Curve with fresh air ionizer is such a fan designed to lower the temperature in your house in an effective way thanks to the long shape and powerful integrated fan. The ionizer that purifies the air is a bonus that increases the functionality of this fan and if you add to that the affordable price, you will have yourself a deal.
The Lasko 2551 42” Wind Curve is a quiet 3-speed fan that creates an acceptable level of noise compared to its size and power. The adjustable speeds let you choose how hard you want it to operate, which also influences the noise, but you don’t have to worry about it being uncomfortable not even at the highest fan speed. Some of its smart features are:
- Oscillation – The fan also has an oscillation feature that allows it to move at an 80 degrees angle so that the air delivery will be maximized
- Timer – The electronic timer on the fan can be set from 1 hour to 7 hours in 1-hour increments so that you can have total control on the operating time and mode
- Built-in Ionizer – A great feature that adds to the versatility of this fan is the built-in ionizer that attracts bad odors to ensure a clean and fresh cool air in the room
Practical and Convenient
It comes with a multi-functional remote control that includes buttons for every function like On/Off, speed adjustment, timer, and selecting the oscillation or the ionizer. This way, you can operate the fan while you are in bed so you don’t have to get near it and use the controls. At the back, you will find a remote control storage area so that you will always have it within reach. The controls are also placed at the top for increased comfort and convenient use.
We can’t tell you the exact energy consumption of this room fan, but we can tell you that it’s an ETL listed appliance that has been through many tests in order to achieve the best consumption. Also, the energy-saving timer has an auto shut-off feature that turns it off every once in a while, thus reducing the electricity consumption.
Besides makes it extremely versatile and suitable for any room size, the elongated shape helps it distribute the air more evenly, which increases its efficiency. The housing is made of a durable plastic with a refined brushed metallic finish and the sophisticated Wind Curve profile that makes it stand out.
Some of its features are:
- Tower – Although it’s a tall fan, it’s very stable due to the round base that keeps it standing and allows it to oscillate
- Measurements – The 13″L x 13″W x 42 1/2″H dimensions allow you to place it even in the narrowest corners
- Handle – At the top of the fan, there is a slot that serves as a handle for easy carrying and moving
Warranty & Support
The fan comes with a 1-year limited warranty on parts and labor and you benefit from free customer support on the manufacturer’s official website, where you can find information regarding the products.
From our point of view, this fan is among the best you can find if you want to buy a budget-friendly unit. Besides the fact that it comes with the basic features included (oscillation, timer, remote control), it also has a nice design, being a great addition to your home. Additionally, the fan has a built-in ionizer that eliminates bad odors and allows you to breathe fresh air every time. Also, the unit is very durable and it comes with a standard 1-year warranty for ease of mind.