If you live in a small apartment, you may already know how inconvenient it is to stay indoors for a long period of time. This is why we advise that you invest in an AC. They will help you to save up as they have an energy-efficient operation and they produce whisper-quiet noise. We have handpicked the right models for you so you don’t have to go broke by trying to stay cool in the summer. In addition to this, they are very easy to understand so you don’t have to be a professional to know how to choose the settings. As well as, they range in capacity and maximum area coverage so you can pick the right one according to your needs.
- 9. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1E
- 8. DELLA 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
- 7. Whirlpool WHAW151BW
- 6. hOmeLabs 5000 BTU Window Conditioner
- 5. Emerson Quiet Kool EARC5MD1
- 4. Kenmore 77060
- 3. PerfectAire 3PASC10000
- 2. Haier ESAQ406T-H
- 1. LG LW8016HR
- Top 5 Comparison
- Tips To Sustain Optimal Efficiency
9. Frigidaire FFRA0511R1E
This 5,000 BTUs air conditioner has the ability to cool down a living room, bedroom, or other living spaces fast. Best of all, you don’t have to invest further in the product due to the fact that it comes with a window mounting kit included. Furthermore, one of the main reasons why this model is so popular all over the world is because it has an energy efficiency ratio of 11.1. This means that your electricity bill will be up by $41 per year.
Ac and Dehumidifier
This 115-volts air conditioner doesn’t just cool down a room, it can also remove excessive moisture from the air. Some of its design features are:
- Dehumidifying Capacity – The unit can remove 1.1 pints per hour
- Speeds – Adjust the unit with the 2 cool speeds and the 2 fan speeds
- Air Direction – The louvers will provide a 2-way air direction
- Dimensions – 16” (W) x 15-1/4” (D) x 12” (H)
- Window Dimensions Suitability – 12” (H) x 16” (W)
- Cool Capacity – 150 sq. ft.
Antibacterial Filter Mesh
This unit will not only cool down the room but it will also clean the air from pollution, bacteria, and other harmful contaminants. In addition to this, the low power startup will ensure effortless comfort. Thus, you can place the appliance in the bedroom, living room, or even nursery room. Furthermore, the mechanical rotary controls will allow you to change the settings with ease. Perhaps, what stands out about this model is the fact that it comes with a 6.5 feet three-prong power cord which means that you don’t need to purchase an extension cord.
8. DELLA 10,000 BTU Window Air Conditioner
With the help of this AC, you will battle through every unbearably hot day. Even though it’s compact enough to fit in your window, you will find that this is one of the most powerful appliances on the market. It operates on 10,000 BTUs which means that it’s capable of cooling down your bedroom, living room, or office within 10 minutes. In fact, it has the ability to cover an area of 450 sq. ft.
Energy Star Rated
You will be able to allow this AC to operate throughout the day and night without worrying about your electricity bill. This model has been Energy Star Rated as it has an energy efficiency ratio of 12:1. Thus, you won’t see considerable spikes in your electricity bill if you consider this unit. Some of its design features are:
- Airflow – The 2-way air direction will allow you to adjust it according to your own particular needs
- Temperature Control – You can decide the temperature of the room. The unit will maintain the preset temperature that can range between 61-degrees to 88-degrees Fahrenheit
- Speeds – With the remote control, you can choose between the 3 speeds
Important Features To Consider
- Remote Control – The remote control is included at no extra price
- Noise – This model has been described as one of the quietest model on the market
- Window – The unit is ideal for window length between 23-inch to 36-inch
Even though you’ve never had such an appliance before, you will find it straightforward to figure it out. The user-friendly display will show you every setting the AC is currently operating on. As well as, every button is clearly labeled. Some of its particularities are:
- Automatic – Once the room is cool enough, the Eco Mode will automatically start in order to preserve energy
- Operating Modes – The AC has numerous operating modes such as Dry Mode. This feature will reduce the humidity in the air to make the environment more comfortable
- Timer – The unit will operate whenever you want it to as the timer ranges from 1 to 24-hours
You can allow this AC to operate even when you’re not at home due to the fact that it has been UL listed. This proves that the model is not only efficient but it’s also safe. In addition to this, the included installation kit means that you don’t have to invest further. Additionally, it also minimizes air leaks.
7. Whirlpool WHAW151BW
Easy to install and to operate, this AC is everything you need to keep cool and comfortable during the hot seasons. Above all, the dehumidifier has the ability to remove up to 3.52 pints from an area that measures 700 sq. ft. This unit is suitable for windows that measure 28” to 41” max with a height of 19-inch. Thus, it’s suitable if you have large windows. The 15,000 BTU will ensure that your living room, bedroom, and the dorm room is cooled down within 10 minutes.
Versatile and Customizable
- Speeds – The unit has 3 cooling speeds and an Auto option to fit your specific needs
- Louvers – The 8-way directional air louvers will direct the air however you need it
- Timer – You can set the 24-hour timer to make the unit operate whenever you need it to
Easy and Straightforward Controls
Even if you’ve never had such a product before, you will find it easy to figure it out. Similarly, to the other products, this will arrive with a window mounting kit so you don’t need the help of a professional to set it up. Some of its features are:
- Display – The digital display will show you the settings that the unit is operating on. As well as, each button is clearly labeled
- Eco Mode – This feature will ensure that the AC uses minimal energy. In fact, this is an Energy Star rated unit with a capacity of 11.9 EER
- Automatic – Unlike the majority of the models, the unit will automatically turn on with the previous settings if you’ve experienced a power failure
Affordable and Efficient
If you’re looking for a model that you can maneuver easily, this is the right model for your needs. It comes with a 4.9 ft power cord with 3-prong grounded plug. You can plug it in a 115-volt electrical outlet. The remote control has an LCD display so you can easily change the settings from across the room. As well as, the Sleep Mode setting will gradually increase the room temperature after being activated.
6. hOmeLabs 5000 BTU Window Conditioner
The 5000 BTU capacity will ensure that it cools down an area of up to 150 square feet. Thus, it’s suitable to be used for living rooms, RV’s, and bedrooms. You can plug it in 110V/120V electrical outlets. Furthermore, this unit is suitable for windows measuring between 23 to 36-inch wide that are at least 13-inch high. The backflow drainage will prevent the water from dripping inside the house or in its housing.
Important Features Integrated
- The 7 temperature controls will allow you to make it work according to your own needs
- 2-way air direction control so it can cool down a small room within 15 minutes
- The washable antibacterial filter can be easily cleaned
Personal or RV AC
You can use this air conditioner throughout the day and night as you won’t see any considerable changes in your energy bill. The energy efficiency ratio of 11.1 will allow you to use it throughout the day and night. Inside of the package you will find find:
- Washable antibacterial filter
- Support brackets
- Leaf guards
- Window seal foam
- Installation guide
The extra long 6 ft 3-prong power cord will give you enough freedom to position it on awkward-sized windows. Please bear it mind that you should use extension cords, but rather connect it directly into the wall outlet.
5. Emerson Quiet Kool EARC5MD1
This model is quiet and efficient. It has a powerful 5,000 BTUs motor and it’s designed for rooms that measure from 100 to 150 sq. ft. It has an easy-to-install design so you don’t have to call a professional to set it up. Additionally, it features 2 cooling speeds and 2 fan speeds with 8-way directional air louvers. You will be pleased to know that the rotary controls are very easy to understand so you don’t have to be an expert to know how to control it.
- The unit is suitable for windows with a width of 23” to 36” with a height of 13-inch
- The dehumidifier will remove up to 1.3 points per hour for a more comfortable environment
- It has low-voltage start up in order to conserve energy
Easy Installation and Affordable
The unit doesn’t only provide a low-energy consumption. By considering this model you will save money many ways including:
- Filter – The filter is washable which means that you don’t have to worry about changing it every few months
- Installation – Inside of the package you will receive a mounting installation kit at no extra price so you can set it up by yourself
- Warranty – You can purchase in confidence as this model is backed by 5-Years warranty
Silent and Efficient
Unlike the majority of the models that are currently on the market, this unit has the ability to automatically power on after a power shortage. As well as, even though it has the capacity to cover a large area, it has a whisper-quiet operation of only 36 dB. Thus, you can allow it to operate throughout the day and night.
4. Kenmore 77060
If you want to save money yet you still want an efficient operation, you should consider this model. Once activated, the compressor and motor will turn off once the room is at the desired temperature. The air is sampled every 10 minutes and turn back on when the temperature rises.
Practical and Efficient
If you hate hot summer nights, you will thoroughly enjoy this product. Due to the fact that it has numerous features and speed settings, you will be able to use it for a long period of time without worrying that it will provide discomfort. Some of its options are:
- Remote Control – The remote control will let you adjust the temperature, fan speed, sleep mode, every saver, and more from the full-function remote control
- Air Control – It features 8-way air control which means that you can aim the air whatever way you wish
- Speeds – It comes with 3 cool speeds and 3 fan speeds for your ideal comfort settings
Features Worthy To Remember
- Warranty – This product is covered by 1-Year warranty
- Energy – The model will consume up to 400 kWh per year
- Filter – It has an antimicrobial mesh filter
- Operation – You can use this model as a cooling and dehumidifying device
Powerful and Smart
This model is suitable for rooms that measure 250 sq. ft. and it can dehumidifier up to 1.3 pints of moisture per hour. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about additional costs as it’s very difficult for mold spores to develop. Some of its particularities are:
- Sleep Timer – The Activate the Sleep feature and the set temperature will increase 2-degrees Fahrenheit every 30 minutes for 7 hours and then return to its original settings
- Energy Saving Mode – The device will automatically turn off when it has reached the desired temperature. Therefore, it preserves energy
- Air Testing – The air in the room is sampled every 10 minutes and if the temperature rises, it will automatically turn on
The reason why we recommend this model is because it’s suitable for people that have a medium to the large living room. In addition to this, even though it has numerous speeds and options, numerous customers have highlighted that it doesn’t produce inconvenient noises. Therefore, your child or pet will not be spooked by the device. In addition to this, your energy bill will not be affected even if you keep it functioning throughout the day and night.
3. PerfectAire 3PASC10000
Whatever window you may have regardless if it’s casement, crank, or horizontal sliding, this model is suitable to use for all. It has a high capacity of 10,000 BTUs which means that it will cover you even if you have a large room to cool down. As well as, you can adjust the temperature settings according to your needs.
On the remote control, you will be able to see the Follow Me option. This feature will turn the remote control as a thermostat. This will allow the temperature to maintain at the set temperature. In addition to this, it will also provide the comfort you need such as:
- Cool Mode – You can turn the unit on when the weather is scorching hot as the 10,000 BTUs will deliver a cool breeze
- Fan Mode – Even if the weather isn’t hot enough for you to turn on the air conditioner, this setting will allow a circulation of fresh air without turning down the temperature
- Dry Mode – This mode will remove the excessive water from the environment which means that it removes the possibility of mold development
- Auto Mode – You can set the temperature according to your needs and the unit will maintain the same functions
Design and Specifications
The recommended area should measure up to 450 sq. ft. It measures 20.5” x 14.5” x 23.5” and it weighs 71 lbs. Therefore, you have to be careful when you move the unit around. In addition to this, the maximum window width should measure 15.5” and the maximum window width should be 16.25”. Furthermore, the indicator light will turn on when it’s time to clean the filter. Therefore, you don’t have to invest further into the product. Additionally, the maximum noise level reaches 61 dB which means that the operation is fairly quiet.
Convenient and Practical
The electronic controls are very easy to understand and you can use them even if you are a beginner. In addition to this, the 3-fan speeds and full-range air control will ensure a proper cooled down room. Some of its particularities are:
- Sleep Mode – The unit will run at a lower speed and it will gradually increase the temperature as you sleep
- Adjustable Directions – You can control the directions of the airflow up to 4 ways
- Washable Filter – The filter is easy to access which means that you can clean it easily
The reason why we recommend this model is because the adjustable temperature settings range from 62-degrees to 86-degrees Fahrenheit. The fully functional remote control has a portable thermostat technology for total room coverage. The filter is front-mounted for easy access and straightforward cleaning.
2. Haier ESAQ406T-H
This model has been recently re-engineered with a smart internal mechanism that will deliver a cool powerful air whilst producing a low operational noise. It’s actually equivalent to rain or shower. The unit weighs 55.5 Lbs which is in fact much lighter than the other models that are currently on the market. This unit is suitable for rooms that measure up to 250 sq. ft.
You don’t have to be a professional to know how to operate it. In fact, when it arrives, inside of the package you will receive a remote control that will let you maneuver it easily. As well as, you don’t have to be in front of the AC to change the settings. This model has been designed with:
- Timer – The 24-hour timer will allow you to program it to start whenever you want
- Sleep setting – When you set it to this option, you will notice that the air will change direction and its operational noise will be much lower
- Automatic Adjust – In case you want it to work at its fullest speed for a short period of time, you can set it when to turn down the speed automatically without you having to press anything
This model features a unique horizontal fan, that will let the air circulate more efficiently in the room. Therefore, it reduces drag and noise. In addition to this, it also includes a removable filter that is easy to clean. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a new filter ever so often. Some of its characteristics are:
- Speeds – The unit has been designed with 3 speeds in order to fit your specific needs regardless of what they are
- Modes – These are very useful when you want to have an energy-efficient operation or a silent mode
- Dehumidifier – The unit will act as a dehumidifier as well as an AC. Thus, you don’t have to worry about the humidity in the room
Easy To Mount
To ensure proper mounting you need to attach the included side curtain frames into your window. This will increase the size of the space needed for the unit. You do not have to call a professional in order to set it up. Even if you have no experience, you can still mount it perfectly. You also need to adjust the louvers as they direct the air into 4 different directions to ensure a comfortable temperature in all corners. Additionally, this model measures 21 1/4″ W x 12 1/2″ H x 18 1/4″ D and it’s suitable for windows that measure 26 1/16” for proper installation and up to 39 1/4” wide.
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s covered by a lifetime guarantee. This means that you don’t have to worry about additional costs in case the unit breaks down. As well as, it shows that the company stands strong with their product so you don’t have to worry about any damages or concerns. Finally, the unit is fully programmable which means that you can make it work according to your needs.
1. LG LW8016HR
This AC is exactly what you need if you want a model to provide you with cold air in the summer and warm air in the winter. It uses 115V electrical outlet which means that you have to be careful not to plug it in into anything other than that. You will be thoroughly pleased to know that you can fit it in different types of windows. This includes the horizontal and standard ones. However, please bear in mind that if you have a horizontal type, you will need something to fill up the remaining space. This will block off intruders. The product comes with a 90-days warranty in case of any damages or concerns.
Due to the fact that this is one of the most convenient on the market. You have access to the permanent washable filter with ease. This is because it’s located at the front of the unit so you don’t need to call in a professional just for maintenance work. In addition to this, some of its particularities are:
- Cooling Speeds – If you don’t want to keep the fan on but you still want the room to be cooled, you can choose between the 2 settings
- Low Operational Noise – This unit produces 49 to 54 dB noise. This means that it will provide a whisper quiet operation
You will be pleased to know that it doesn’t just cool and heat. It can also act as a dehumidifier. The unit is capable of removing up to 2.1 pts per hour. This means that you don’t have to worry about mold spores or high humidity in the room. Some of its features are:
- High CFM – The higher the cubic feet per minute, the better the unit will function in tough conditions
- Thermostat Control – In case the environment gets too cold or hot, the unit will automatically adjust itself to the conditions
- Filter Alarm – As you know already, there are a lot of pollutants in the air. When the filter cannot handle anymore, it will provide you with an alarm so you know when it’s time to clean it
Energy Efficient Operation
This model will not bring up your electricity bill even if you keep it on for numerous hours as it has a ratio of 11.2. You will also find it suitable to use it for numerous months according to the temperature changes. Its specifications are:
- Suitable for 115V outlets
- It consumes 1260-watts when heating
- It consumes 670-watts when cooling
- It has 6.3 rated amps for cooling
- It has 11.0 rated amps for heating
As you can see this is one of the best models on the market as it has been designed to fit your specific needs. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars if you want to stay cool in the summer and hot in the winter. It has an innovative design and its buttons are very easy to understand. In addition to this, it requires little to no maintenance so you don’t have to waste your time on it.
Top 5 Comparison
|1. LG LW8016HR||2. Haier ESAQ406T-H||3. PerfectAire 3PASC10000||4. Kenmore 77060||5. Emerson Quiet Kool EARC5MD1|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|18.4″ H x 20″ W x 13.9″ D||18″ H x 21″ W x 39″ D||21″ H x 14″ W x 23″ D||15.5″ H x 18.5″ W x 13.4″ D||15″ H x 16″ W x 12.5″ D|
Maximum Coverage Area
|320 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.||450 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.||150 sq. ft.|
Air Direction Control
Number Of Modes
Tips To Sustain Optimal Efficiency
As you may know, an AC will last on average around 10 years if you don’t invest time into thorough maintenance. If you take care of it regularly, some people have their models for more than 10. Don’t worry, you don’t have to do a lot of labor work. In fact, if you clean the filter when you are supposed to, it will last with ease for at least 10 years. As long as you follow the tips below, you will find that your purchase will turn into an investment.
Check The Coil
Whenever the time gets cooler, you should wash the condenser coil on the outside unit. You should do this at least once a year as it ensures the AC running at peak efficiency. A dirty condenser coil runs hotter and is less efficient. You can tell if it’s running low by:
- Check the copper tube connecting the outside unit to the inside unit
- If it’s clogged, the unit is heated up
- Call for professional service to tell you if the unit is low on refrigerant
When You’re Not At Home
You don’t have to necessarily turn it off completely when you go on vacation. This is because when you will arrive home, it will work much harder to cool the house when you turn it back on. As well as, it will take a long time to cool down the whole room. You should remember:
- Plants, pets, and appliances will suffer if you don’t set a timer
- Set the temperature 5 to 10 degrees higher than normal
- It will take less than 1-hour to cool down the room when you come back
Don’t Obsess Over The Thermostat
We recommend that you leave the thermostat at 78-degrees Fahrenheit. Some people sneak in and try to turn the heat down. What these people don’t understand is the fact that you don’t have to turn it lower to cool the house down faster. The AC will cool down the room at the same rate no matter where it’s set. Adjusting the temperature to 70-degrees will not help your house get to 78 degrees any faster than leaving it at 78-degrees.
Are you looking for a smart model that has multiple functions? If so, you should consider LG LW8016HR as it has the ability to not only provide cool air in the summer and warm air in the winter but to also remove up to 2.1 pints of humidity per hour. Hence, you will get the most for your money as this is an all-year round product. Best of all, you can also adjust it according to your own particular needs as it has thermostatic control. In fact, the unit can also adjust the speeds by itself according to the conditions that are in the room. Hence, you can allow it to operate while you’re not at home.
Perhaps, if you have a casement, crank, or horizontal sliding door, you should also consider PerfectAire 3PASC10000 as it has a capacity of 10,000 BTUs which means that it can cool down a large room by consuming minimal energy. Even if you have an awkward-sized window, the mounting kit is included at no extra price which means that you don’t have to invest further into the product. Additionally, Follow Me technology will ensure proper room coverage.
Another model that should get special mentions is the Whirlpool WHAW151BW as it can remove up to 3.52 pints of humidity from an area that measures 700 sq. ft. In addition to this, it has also been designed with Eco mode which means that it will use minimal energy. In fact, this is an Energy Star Rated model.