This AC is exactly what you need if you want a model to provide you with cold air in the summer and warm air in the winter. It uses 115V electrical outlet which means that you have to be careful not to plug it in into anything other than that. You will be thoroughly pleased to know that you can fit it in different types of windows. This includes the horizontal and standard ones. However, please bear in mind that if you have a horizontal type, you will need something to fill up the remaining space. This will block off intruders. The product comes with a 90-days warranty in case of any damages or concerns.
Due to the fact that this is one of the most convenient on the market. You have access to the permanent washable filter with ease. This is because it’s located at the front of the unit so you don’t need to call in a professional just for maintenance work. In addition to this, some of its particularities are:
- Cooling Speeds – If you don’t want to keep the fan on but you still want the room to be cooled, you can choose between the 2 settings
- Low Operational Noise – This unit produces 49 to 54 dB noise. This means that it will provide a whisper quiet operation
You will be pleased to know that it doesn’t just cool and heat. It can also act as a dehumidifier. The unit is capable of removing up to 2.1 pts per hour. This means that you don’t have to worry about mold spores or high humidity in the room. Some of its features are:
- High CFM – The higher the cubic feet per minute, the better the unit will function in tough conditions
- Thermostat Control – In case the environment gets too cold or hot, the unit will automatically adjust itself to the conditions
- Filter Alarm – As you know already, there are a lot of pollutants in the air. When the filter cannot handle anymore, it will provide you with an alarm so you know when it’s time to clean it
Energy Efficient Operation
This model will not bring up your electricity bill even if you keep it on for numerous hours as it has a ratio of 11.2. You will also find it suitable to use it for numerous months according to the temperature changes. Its specifications are:
- Suitable for 115V outlets
- It consumes 1260-watts when heating
- It consumes 670-watts when cooling
- It has 6.3 rated amps for cooling
- It has 11.0 rated amps for heating
As you can see this is one of the best models on the market as it has been designed to fit your specific needs. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars if you want to stay cool in the summer and hot in the winter. It has an innovative design and its buttons are very easy to understand. In addition to this, it requires little to no maintenance so you don’t have to waste your time on it.
This model has been recently re-engineered with a smart internal mechanism that will deliver a cool powerful air whilst producing a low operational noise. It’s actually equivalent to a rain or shower. The unit weighs 55.5 Lbs which is in fact much lighter than the other models that are currently on the market. This unit is suitable for rooms that measure up to 250 sq. ft.
You don’t have to be a professional to know how to operate it. In fact, when it arrives, inside of the package you will receive a remote control that will let you maneuver it easily. As well as, you don’t have to be in the front of the AC to change the settings. This model has been designed with:
- Timer – The 24-hour timer will allow you to program it to start whenever you want
- Sleep setting – When you set it to this option, you will notice that the air will change direction and its operational noise will be much lower
- Automatic Adjust – In case you want it to work at its fullest speed for a short period of time, you can set it when to turn down the speed automatically without you having to press anything
This model features a unique horizontal fan, that will let the air circulate more efficiently in the room. Therefore, it reduces drag and noise. In addition to this, it also includes a removable filter that is easy to clean. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about purchasing a new filter ever so often. Some of its characteristics are:
- Speeds – The unit has been designed with 3 speeds in order to fit your specific needs regardless of what they are
- Modes – These are very useful when you want to have an energy-efficient operation or a silent mode
- Dehumidifier – The unit will act as a dehumidifier as well as an AC. Thus, you don’t have to worry about the humidity in the room
To ensure proper mounting you need to attach the included side curtain frames into your window. This will increase the size of the space needed for the unit. You do not have to call a professional in order to set it up. Even if you have no experience, you can still mount it perfectly. You also need to adjust the louvers as they direct the air into 4 different directions to ensure comfortable temperature in all corners. Additionally, this model measures 21 1/4″ W x 12 1/2″ H x 18 1/4″ D and it’s suitable for windows that measure 26 1/16” for a proper installation and up to 39 1/4” wide.
The reason why we recommend this model is due to the fact that it’s covered by a lifetime guarantee. This means that you don’t have to worry about additional costs in case the unit breaks down. As well as, it shows that the company stands strong with their product so you don’t have to worry about any damages or concerns. Finally, the unit is fully programmable which means that you can make it work according to your needs.
Whatever window you may have regardless if it’s casement, crank, or horizontal sliding, this model is suitable to use for all. It has a high capacity of 10,000 BTUs which means that it will cover you even if you have a large room to cool down. As well as, you can adjust the temperature settings according to your needs.
On the remote control, you will be able to see the Follow Me option. This feature will turn the remote control as a thermostat. This will allow the temperature to maintain at the set temperature. In addition to this, it will also provide the comfort you need such as:
- Cool Mode – You can turn the unit on when the weather is scorching hot as the 10,000 BTUs will deliver a cool breeze
- Fan Mode – Even if the weather isn’t hot enough for you to turn on the air conditioner, this setting will allow a circulation of fresh air without turning down the temperature
- Dry Mode – This mode will remove the excessive water from the environment which means that it removes the possibility of mold development
- Auto Mode – You can set the temperature according to your needs and the unit will maintain the same functions
Design and Specifications
The recommended area should measure up to 450 sq. ft. It measures 20.5” x 14.5” x 23.5” and it weighs 71 lbs. Therefore, you have to be careful when you move the unit around. In addition to this, the maximum window width should measure 15.5” and the maximum window width should be 16.25”. Furthermore, the indicator light will turn on when it’s time to clean the filter. Therefore, you don’t have to invest further into the product. Additionally, the maximum noise level reaches 61 dB which means that the operation is fairly quiet.
The electronic controls are very easy to understand and you can use them even if you are a beginner. In addition to this, the 3-fan speeds and full-range air control will ensure a proper cooled down room. Some of its particularities are:
- Sleep Mode – The unit will run at a lower speed and it will gradually increase the temperature as you sleep
- Adjustable Directions – You can control the directions of the airflow up to 4 ways
- Washable Filter – The filter is easy to access which means that you can clean it easily
The reason why we recommend this model is because the adjustable temperature settings range from 62-degrees to 86-degrees Fahrenheit. The fully functional remote control has a portable thermostat technology for total room coverage. The filter is front-mounted for an easy access and straightforward cleaning.
If you want to save money yet you still want an efficient operation, you should consider this model. Once activated, the compressor and motor will turn off once the room is at the desired temperature. The air is sampled every 10 minutes and turn back on when the temperature rises.
If you hate hot summer nights, you will thoroughly enjoy this product. Due to the fact that it has numerous features and speed settings, you will be able to use it for a long period of time without worrying that it will provide discomfort. Some of its options are:
- Remote Control – The remote control will let you adjust the temperature, fan speed, sleep mode, every saver, and more from the full-function remote control
- Air Control – It features 8-way air control which means that you can aim the air whatever way you wish
- Speeds – It comes with 3 cool speeds and 3 fan speeds for your ideal comfort settings
Features Worthy To Remember
- Warranty – This product is covered by 1-Year warranty
- Energy – The model will consume up to 400 kWh per year
- Filter – It has an antimicrobial mesh filter
- Operation – You can use this model as a cooling and dehumidifying device
This model is suitable for rooms that measure 250 sq. ft. and it can dehumidifier up to 1.3 pints of moisture per hour. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about additional costs as it’s very difficult for mold spores to develop. Some of its particularities are:
- Sleep Timer – The Activate the Sleep feature and the set temperature will increase 2-degrees Fahrenheit every 30 minutes for 7 hours and then return to its original settings
- Energy Saving Mode – The device will automatically turn off when it has reached the desired temperature. Therefore, it preserves energy
- Air Testing – The air in the room is sampled every 10 minutes and if the temperature rises, it will automatically turn on
The reason why we recommend this model is because it’s suitable for people that have a medium to large living room. In addition to this, even though it has numerous speeds and options, numerous customers have highlighted that it doesn’t produce inconvenient noises. Therefore, your child or pet will not be spooked by the device. In addition to this, your energy bill will not be affected even if you keep it functioning throughout the day and night.
Emerson Quiet Kool EARC5MD1
This model is quiet and efficient. It has a powerful 5,000 BTUs motor and it’s designed for rooms that measure from 100 to 150 sq. ft. It has an easy-to-install design so you don’t have to call a professional to set it up. Additionally, it features 2 cooling speeds and 2 fan speeds with 8-way directional air louvers. This means that you can direct the air wherever you like. As well as, the unit is suitable for windows with a width of 23” to 36”. The height should be of 13”. The dehumidifier will remove up to 1.3 points per hour for a more comfortable environment. You will be pleased to know that the rotary controls are very easy to understand so you don’t have to be an expert to know how to control it.
Tips To Sustain Optimal Efficiency
As you may know, an AC will last on average around 10 years if you don’t invest time into thorough maintenance. If you take care of it regularly, some people have their models for more than 10. Don’t worry, you don’t have to do a lot of labor work. In fact, if you clean the filter when you are supposed to, it will last with ease for at least 10 years. As long as you follow the tips below, you will find that your purchase will turn into an investment.
Check The Coil
Whenever the time gets cooler, you should wash the condenser coil on the outside unit. You should do this at least once a year as it ensures the AC running at peak efficiency. A dirty condenser coil runs hotter and is less efficient. You can tell if it’s running low by:
- Check the copper tube connecting the outside unit to the inside unit
- If it’s clogged, the unit is heated up
- Call for professional service to tell you if the unit is low on refrigerant
When You’re Not At Home
You don’t have to necessarily turn it off completely when you go on vacation. This is because when you will arrive home, it will work much harder to cool the house when you turn it back on. As well as, it will take a long time to cool down the whole room. You should remember:
- Plants, pets, and appliances will suffer if you don’t set a timer
- Set the temperature 5 to 10 degrees higher than normal
- It will take less than 1-hour to cool down the room when you come back
Don’t Obsess Over The Thermostat
We recommend that you leave the thermostat at 78-degrees Fahrenheit. Some people sneak in and try to turn the heat down. What these people don’t understand is the fact that you don’t have to turn it lower to cool the house down faster. The AC will cool down the room at the same rate no matter where it’s set. Adjusting the temperature to 70-degrees will not help your house get to 78 degrees any faster than leaving it at 78-degrees.