Dual hose conditioners are a great choice for those that want to be provided with cool air fast. Such configuration will use one hose to draw the hot air from the room and the second hose to exhaust it. This means that the air doesn’t get recycled and you will be provided with cold, fresh, and clean air on a hot summer’s day. As well as, you don’t have to invest in another appliance as they are a year-round unit due to their multiple operating modes. Thus, even though you will be making an investment at the beginning, you will receive all of your money back in due time.
8. EdgeStar AP8000W
This 8,000 BTUs AC has the ability to cool down a room up to 250 sq. ft. As it’s portable and compact, you will be able to place it in different living spaces without hurting your back in the process. In fact, it also has rolling casters so you can move it around even if you have limited mobility. Perhaps, you may know that it’s much more cost-effective to have a portable AC as it’s an efficient way to cool down hot spots in the home. With a mounted AC, you will see an increase in your energy bill payment.
CFC-free and RoHS Compliant
You will be able to use the AC throughout the day even if you’re not at home as it only draws 840 watts. Therefore, if you keep it running constantly, the energy bill will only increase by 90¢ a day. In addition to this, it has been independently tested to prove its efficiency and safety. Thus, it has passed the strict US regulations imposed on appliances. Some of its design features are:
- Self-evaporative System – There’s no need to manually drain the unit as the automatic drain system is able to exhaust all liquid
- Speeds – Choose your comfort level between the 3 integrated speeds
- Automatic Restart – If you’ve experienced a power failure, the AC will automatically restart on the previous settings when the power comes back on
- Timer – Set the AC whenever you need it to work the most as it has been designed with a 24-hour timer
- Coverage Capacity – 250 sq. ft.
- Cubic Feet per Minute – 100 cu ft. on the lowest speed and 123 cu. ft. on the highest
- Dehumidification – 50 pints per day
The unit will also remove any moisture in the air so you can breathe fresh and clean air at all times. Additionally, as the excess humidity is removed, it will limit the possibility for mold to form and to grow.
If you’re on a budget you should know that this AC comes with everything that you need. Hence, inside the package you will find:
- Window Kit – If you want to mount the exhaust hose through the window, you will find all of the materials that you will need. Bear in mind that the window should measure 29” minimum and 38” maximum
- Remote Control
- 49” expandable exhaust hose
As this unit is portable, many customers have chosen to take it for camping. Place the exhaust hose through the screen window and enjoy the wonders of the outdoors without experiencing unbearable heat inside of your tent.
7. Friedrich P12B
If you are looking for convenience, this is the right model for your needs. The reason for this is because it has a capacity of 12,000 BTUs and it can easily cover a room of 400 sq. ft. Nonetheless, even if you have a smaller living space, you don’t have to worry about it making the space overly cold as the speeds are adjustable. Thus, you can make it operate according to your own particular needs. As well as, it’s straightforward to install even if you don’t have any experience with such a product.
3-in-1 Operating System
Similarly, to the other models mentioned in this review, you will get the most for your money by considering this product. The AC has been designed with 3 operating modes such as air conditioner, dehumidifier, and fan. Some of its design features are:
- Filter – The antimicrobial filter is washable and easy to access. The unit doesn’t only provide cool air, but it will also remove airborne contaminants
- Self-evaporative – The overflow protection will automatically shut off the appliance if the tank becomes full of water
- Speeds – The 3-speeds will allow you to control the settings according to your own particular needs
Important Features To Consider
- Moisture Removal – It has the ability to remove up to 72 pints of moisture per day or 6 pints per hour
- CFM – The unit has been designed with a capacity of 252 cubic feet per minute
- Dimensions – The model measures 17.6” (W) x 29” (H) x 16” (D)
It has been noted that this AC has the ability to cool down a room as much as 40% faster than other single hose units. Additionally, the power cord measures 6 ft so you have the freedom to place it according to your needs. Some of its particularities are:
- Auto Restart – In the event of a power shortage, the unit will automatically restart on the previous settings, when the power comes back on
- Timer – The 24-hour programmable timer will allow you to set the unit to operate at a specific time
- Automatic Mode – The AC will automatically set its speed according to the room temperature
The 3-speed operation and the auto-swing louvers will deliver an excellent airflow so that it eliminates hot spots in the room. Furthermore, the electronic controls are easy to understand as they’re clearly labeled and they also have a descriptive image drawn on.
6. Whynter ARC-14S
This unit has a capacity of 14,000 BTUs so it’s suitable for rooms that measure up to 500 sq. ft. The model is able to remove harmful contaminants from the air as it has been designed with a carbon air filter. Thus, it can eliminate odors, cooking smells, pollen, and allergens. The filter is washable which means that you don’t have to invest in the AC further. Above all, it’s safe to allow this model to operate throughout the day and night as it doesn’t produce ozone.
Powerful and Fully Programmable
- Speeds – You can choose between the 3 speeds for optimal comfort
- Dehumidify – The unit has the ability to remove up to 101 pts per day. This is a capacity not many models can boast with
- Thermostat – The operating range is from 61 to 89 degrees Fahrenheit
Similarly, to the other models, this unit comes with remote control as well. Nonetheless, unlike the other units, it comes with a protective cover with storage pocket so you can safely store the remote control or user manual.
Quiet Operation and Energy-efficient
You have the option to allow it to operate through continuous or manual drain options. On the highest setting, it has an airflow of 360m3/h at a rating of 222 CFM. In addition to this, it produces a noise rating of below 56 dB. Some of its features are:
- Auto restart – In the event of a power outage, the unit will automatically restart with the previous settings
- Timer – The 24-hr programmable timer will allow you to pre-program the unit to operate up to 24-hr in advance
- Drain option – The unit can operate continuously without the excess condense accumulating. Thus, you don’t have to manually drain it
Safe and Eco-friendly
As it has a timer, you can allow the unit to operate even when you’re not at home. You don’t have to worry about your safety as the model has been designed RoHS compliant components. In addition to this, the materials used are lead-free. Thus, it’s safe to have it around those with a low immune system or children. As well as, the CFC free Green R410a. refrigerant is eco-friendly which means that if you consider this model, you will take care of your needs and of the environment.
5. Honeywell MM14CHCS
Without a doubt, this is one of the best models on the market due to its adjustability and power. It has been engineered with 14,000 BTUs and the heater has been crafted with 13,000 BTUs. It can cover a large area of 550 sq. ft. so you can use it for home and commercial use. It also has the ability to dehumidify up to 79.2 pints per day so you can keep it in a high-humid environment. The year-round use means that you will get the most for your money by considering this product.
Important Features Integrated
- Timer – You can program the unit up to 24-hr in advance. When the timer is done, it will automatically shut off
- Airflow – You can control which way the air goes through the adjustable louvers in order to prevent hot spots from forming
- Air filter – The filter will remove harmful contaminants from the air at an affordable price. The reason for this is because you don’t have to purchase a new filter every few months
It has a powerful airflow which means that it will cool down a room within minutes. The remote control will allow you to change the settings from afar. All of the tools that you need for the installation are included so you don’t have to seek the help of professionals.
Numerous Operating Modes
- Cool Mode – The unit will offer a superior power of 14,000 BTUs to cool down a large room within minutes
- Dehumidify Mode – The model can remove the excessive moisture from the air in order to prevent mold spores from forming
- Fan Mode – If your room is stuffy but you don’t want cold air, this is the right setting for your needs
This is a 4-in-1 appliance. It has AC cooling, heat-pump, fan, and dehumidifier. Therefore, there’s no need to invest in another appliance if you don’t want to. It has an operational noise of 54 decibels so you can allow it to function throughout the night. The digital display can be read even in low-light conditions. The set it and forget it feature means that you can allow the AC to operate even if you’re not at home.
4. Avallon APAC120S
This model has been designed with 12,000 BTUs so it’s suitable for rooms that measure up to 425 sq. ft. This is another model that can be used all year-round. This is a model that will provide practicality due to the fact that it has been designed with self-evaporation technology. Thus, it removes the need for you to drain it manually. If you wish, you can use the window vent kit for window installment.
If you’re someone that isn’t fond of fancy technology yet you still want to be comfortable, you should consider this unit as it’s very simple to understand. Each button has animation so you will know what it stands for specifically. Some of its design features are:
- Remote Control– With a high frequency, you can change the settings from wherever you are in the room
- Speeds – The unit has it has been crafted with 3 fan speeds so it can be maneuvered according to your own needs
- Thermostat – You can choose the perfect temperature conditions in your room as it has an operating range from 61 to 89 degrees Fahrenheit
Multiple Modes Operation
- Auto Mode – The intelligent auto mode will automatically adjust the fan speed and other settings in order to cool down the area to the set temperature
- Dehumidify Mode – As warm weather and high humidity are often correlated, the unit can remove up to 80 pts per day of excess moisture from the air
- Self-evaporative System – The automatic drain system will exhaust all liquid that has been formed due to condensation. Thus, you don’t have to manually drain it
3. Haier HPND14XHT
This model has been made with 14,000 BTUs for cooling and 10,000 BTUs for heating. Thus, you will be able to use it all year-round. It has a digital display which means that you will be able to see the settings with ease regardless if it’s a low-light environment. It has the ability to cool down a room of up to 500 sq. ft. so you can use it in your living room or large apartment.
Versatile and Programmable
- Speeds – You will be able to set it up according to your needs as it comes with 3 speeds and 3 heating modes. As well as, the fan mode also has 3 speeds
- Timer – It also has a 24-hour programmable timer which means that it can automatically start and shut off
- Dehumidifier – You can use in high humidity places as it can remove up to 90 pts per day of moisture from the air
- Airflow – You can control which way the air will flow through the adjustable louvers
- Thermostat – The unit will allow you to set the perfect conditions for yourself as it has an operating temperature range from 61 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Filter – As it’s one of the best on the market, it can remove harmful contaminants from the air. The filter is washable which means that you don’t have to continuously invest into a new one
Easy Installation and Quiet Operation
This model has been designed with multi-directional casters which means that you don’t have to pick it up in order to move it. Simply, slide it across any surface. Inside of the package, you will find 2 exhaust hoses and a window venting kit. Therefore, you will be able to set it up with ease without the help of a professional. This unit has the lowest operational noise so you can use it throughout the night without getting distracted by the noise.
2. Whynter ARC-143MX
This is another model that has a capacity of 14,000 BTUs. Thus, it can clean large rooms of up to 500 sq. ft. The reason why this model is popular all over the world is due to the fact that it takes care of air quality. The Antimicrobial filter means that it will remove contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, and pet hair from the air so you can enjoy the clean, cool, and fresh air at all times. You can set this unit to function as an AC, fan, and dehumidifier. Thus, you will be able to get the most for your money.
Safe and Efficient
- Ozone-free – You can use this model around children and pets due to the fact that it doesn’t produce ozone. Therefore, it’s safe to use extensively
- Thermostat – The adjustable digital thermostat can be changed from 61 to 89-degrees Fahrenheit
- Timer – It has a 24-hour programmable timer so you can maneuver it according to your needs
Multiple Modes Operation
The hassle-free set up means that you can set it up by yourself. The self-evaporative system means that you don’t have to constantly drain the unit. In addition to this, it comes with all of the accessories you need, in order to set it up. Some of its features are:
- Cool Mode – This setting will cool down the air within 15 minutes in a large room
- Dry Mode – The dehumidifier has the ability to remove excess moisture from the air at a rate of 91 pts per day
- Fan – If you want fresh air without it being cooled down, this is the right setting
This unit has been engineered in order to provide you with efficiency and practicality. Even if you’ve never had such product before, you will find it easy to figure it out as every button is labeled and the digital display screen will show you the settings it’s operating on. Some of its particularities are:
- Direct drain – This option will allow continuous operation without the excess condensation accumulating inside of the unit
- Auto restart – In the event of a power outage, the unit will automatically restart with the previous settings
- Operating noise – The unit has a noise level of 56 dB. Thus, you can use it throughout the day and night
Unlike the majority of the models that are currently on the market, this model has been designed with a self-evaporative system. This means that it has the ability to exhaust most if not all condense under ambient conditions. The casters will allow you to easily move it from place to place without too much hustle.
1. EdgeStar AP14001HS
In case you have a large area to cool down and remove the excessive humidity, you should consider this model. It has been engineered with a capacity of 14,000 BTUs which means that it will cool down a room of up to 525 sq. ft. Without a doubt, this is the best model on the market as you can use it all year-round. The reason for this is because it has heat and cool functions. Thus, this model is versatile and practical for all. In addition to this, it’s also free of harmful chemicals so you can use it around children and pets.
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that even though it has a dual hose, it doesn’t mean that you need to call a professional for help. In fact, you will be able to use it straight out of the box as it has a beginner-friendly user manual and settings. Some of its features are:
- Non-permanent Installation – As you may know, landlords do not want you to drill any holes. For this model, as long as there’s a place for the hot air to escape and an electrical outlet available, you will be able to install it without any hustle. The cord length measures 6.1 ft
- No restrictions – Other types of AC’s require you to install it through a window or a wall, this model weighs a mere 75 lbs which means that you can carry it with ease and it’s also compliant with building codes and HOA’s
- Installation Accessories Included – Inside of the package you will find a kit so you can set it up by yourself. It comes with a 56” maximum window kit and a 49” extendable exhaust hose. You must ensure that you connect it to a plug with an input voltage of 115V
- Thermostat can be programmed to temperature from 61 to 89-degrees Fahrenheit
- It has been made with RoHS compliant components
- It has an energy-efficient ratio of 11.2 EER
- It comes with a remote control
- The unit can function as an AC, Heater with dehumidifying and fan abilities
You will be able to make it work according to your needs. This is excellent news, especially because the weather is becoming increasingly unpredictable. For example, this AC has the ability to condensate automatically. It has also been designed with:
- Timer – Allow the AC to start operating according to your own schedule. The 24-hour timer means that it can begin cooling down the room even when you’re not at home. Thus, you don’t have to constantly change the settings
- Speeds – This model has been crafted with 3 speeds so you can find the perfect temperature. Choose between low, medium, and high according to how hot it’s in the room. This will also have an effect on noise level
- Automatic Restart – In case you’ve experienced a power failure, the unit will automatically restart as soon as the electricity comes back on. Therefore, you don’t have to babysit it
Top 5 Comparison
|1. EdgeStar AP14001HS||2. Whynter ARC-143MX||3. Haier HPND14XHT||4. Avallon APAC120S||5. Honeywell MM14CHCS|
|THE BEST||OUR CHOICE|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
|35″ H x 18.75″ W x 15.75″ D||35.5″ H x 19″ W x 16″ D||29.4” H x 17.8″ W x 15.2″ D||29.2″ H x 17.2″ W x 15.1″ D||29.3″ H x 16.5″ W x 15.7″ D|
Maximum Coverage Area
|525 sq. ft.||500 sq. ft.||600 sq. ft.||425 sq. ft.||550 sq. ft.|
|85 pints/day||91 pints/day||80 pints/day||80 pints/day||86 pints/day|
|Carbon||Carbon and washable pre-filter||Carbon||Carbon||Washable Single Filtration System|
Number of Speeds
Single Vs. Dual Hose
Each configuration has it’s own highlights, benefits, and limitations. Whatever one you choose depends on your needs. As a rule of thumb, if you want the room to be cooled down fast, you should use a dual hose configuration. Nonetheless, if you have limited space, a single hose AC would be the right choice for you. Regardless, each configuration has energy-efficient operation so you don’t have to worry about seeing spikes in your energy bill.
All of the models mentioned in this review have numerous functions such as a heater, fan, and dehumidifier which means that you will get the most out of your money. However, a special mentioned must be Whynter ARC-143MX due to the fact that it has the ability to cool down a room of up to 500 sq. ft. within 15 minutes due to its high capacity of 14,000 BTUs. In addition to this, this model is safe to use extensively throughout the day and night as it’s ozone-free. Additionally, it’s also worthy to mention that it has an antimicrobial filter which will capture and eliminate allergens such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Furthermore, it’s also worthy to mention that Haier HPND14XHT has a capacity of up to 14,000 BTUs for cooling and 10,000 BTUs for heating. As well as, the adjustable louvers will distribute the air evenly in a room of up to 500 sq. ft. to ensure that there are no hot spots in any corner of the room. Perhaps, what’s so special about this model is the fact that it comes with a window venting kit which means that you don’t have to invest further or call a professional to help you set it up.
Nonetheless, EdgeStar AP14001HS has been crafted with RoHS compliant components which means that you’re guaranteed that it will last for numerous years while maintaining the same high quality from the beginning. Similarly, to the majority of products mentioned, it has a capacity of 14,000 BTUs so it can cover an area of 500 sq. ft.