This model is suitable to cool down rooms that are up to 350 sq. ft. It has been specifically made for casement-window or sliding-window installation. Therefore, you shouldn’t do the classic mistake and consider it as a standard-window installation. It has been designed with 8,000 BTUs and you should connect it to a standard 115v electrical outlet so it will fit with your standard one. This machine will effortlessly maintain the home cool and comfortable when you want it without worrying about your electricity bill.
Since this model has been made with your needs in mind, you will find that this product has been created with numerous convenient features to fit your needs. Through the remote control, you will be able to select your settings with ease and you don’t even have to be in front of the unit. Some of its particularities are:
- Timer – The 24-hour timer will allow you to set the AC to function whenever you find the most suitable time for your needs. You can set it to start its operation when you’re not at home
- Auto-Cool – When the temperature in the room reaches a higher temperature than normal, the AC will automatically change to a higher speed
- Air Direction – In order to ensure a cool air all over the room, this model has been designed with numerous air directions so every corner in the room will be covered
- Filter Indicator – This feature will ensure that you never have to second guess as the indicator will let you know when to change the filter
Even though it’s highly efficient, you will find that it’s still energy-efficient. It has a dehumidification capacity of 3.0 pints an hour so it removes the excess moisture from your house. Thus, you will never have to breathe in mold spores. Some of its characteristics are:
- Multi-Speed – If you live in a hot State, you will be pleased to know that this has a high-speed power which will cool the room down within minutes
- Multi-Modes – You will be able to choose between fan only, energy star, and cool. This will ensure that the unit functions according to your needs
- Mesh Filter – The slide-out access reduces bacteria, room odors, and other indoor air pollutants so you will breathe a clean crisp air
The reason why this is one of the best on the market is due to the fact that it has been designed with a high CFM of 250+. This means that it’s able to clean and cool down the air within a few minutes. As well as, it has been designed with smart and innovative features so you can set it to function according to your needs and preferences. As well as, it has a timer which means that you can set it to function whenever you want to.
If you’re looking for a 3-in-1 model, you should consider this product. The washable filter will be able to remove pet dander, mold spores, and hair from the air. This means that you will be able to protect your family from airborne diseases whilst keeping them cool in the summer. It’s suitable to cool down rooms that measure a maximum of 450 sq. ft. In addition to this, it also has an operating temperature of 61-degrees and 89-de Fahrenheit. Additionally, it also has a capacity of 10,000 BTUs so you will find it very efficient.
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that this model is smart and innovative so you don’t have to set the settings manually. In addition to this, all of the accessories included will ensure a quick installation on vertical or horizontal windows. Some of its features are:
- Smart Digital Thermostat – By considering this model you will always be ensured a simple and precise room climate
- Remote Control – The remote control will allow you to control the functions regardless if you are across the room
- Feather-touch Controls – In case you do want to control the functions on the unit, you will find it very hygienic as all you will need to do is to touch it
- High Airflow – You will find that this model will create an airflow of 174 cubic feet per minute so you will feel a notable difference in half an hour
We have estimated that the annual cost if you keep the AC functioning every single day will be around $90. Therefore, it’s much cheaper to maintain than numerous models that are currently on the market. In fact, this model has an Energy Star Rating of 9.5. Thus, this model will turn out to be an investment. Its particularities are:
- Lighted Control Panel – You can view the settings selected even if you’re across the room as the digital display is easy to read
- Dual Drainage System – The Self-Evaporation feature means a bucket-less operation. In high humidity rooms, you will find it very easy to maintain the unit
- Washable Filter – You will not have to constantly purchase new filters as the filters are washable through a normal faucet.
You will be able to use this AC in a small to a medium sized room. In addition to this, the dual motor technology means lower noise levels. At the highest speed setting, you will find that it produces 54 decibels. As well as, it comes with an easy install window vent kit for vertical/horizontal windows and an adjustable bracket that measures between 19.7” to 38.2”. As well as, the exhaust hose measures 12” to 47”. It also has smart features such as Sleep Mode, Digital Controls, 24-hour Energy Saving Timer. The remote is also included at no extra price.
This model works for rooms that are up to 350 sq. ft. You will be able to install it on double hung or sliding windows. As well as, the vertical motion will create a steady and powerful airflow that provides a consistent temperature. It has electronic controls and the clarity of an LED digital display, and a 24-hour timer. In addition to this, you can move it from room to room as the unit is designed with castors and a carry handle. You will be pleased to know that the hose measures 4ft 11” so you can place it wherever you wish.
You can control the settings on the remote control even if you’re across the room. Some of the particularities are:
- LED Digital Display – The control panel is very easy to understand and to operate. As well as, it’s easy to use at night time
- Slide-out Filter – The sturdy included filter can be easily cleaned so there’s no need of purchasing a new filter every few months
- Versatile – This product works with double hung or sliding windows
Design and Specifications
You will be thoroughly pleased to know that the unit has the capability to restart if you’ve experienced a power shortage. Furthermore, the exhaust hose measures 5 feet which means that you can place it wherever you wish. The window kit is included which means that it can be set up by beginners. Even though it measures 17.1 x 13.8 x 28.1 and it weighs 83.7 lbs. you will enjoy the fact that it doesn’t make a lot of noise. Therefore, you can keep it functioning for the whole day without being disturbed. It draws 9 amps which means that it has an energy-efficient operation.
This model has a capability of 14,000 BTUs which means that it will cool down a room within minutes. As well as, on the highest setting it makes up to 75 dB. This means that it’s a little louder than a whisper conversation. Some of its particularities are:
- Rolling Casters – This will allow you to take the unit wherever you wish as it will make it easy to transport it
- Bucket-less – The design will ensure a combination of cooling, fan, and dehumidification which means that you can use it for whatever you wish
- Convenient – You can use this product in an office, bedroom, apartment, or garage due to the fact that it has a high capacity
The reason why we recommend this product is due to the fact that it’s efficient and powerful. You can leave it functioning for the whole day as your energy bill will not go up. As well as, the LED display is easy to understand and to control even if this is your first time using this device. As well as, the kit is included which means that it’s easy to set up by beginners.
This is another powerful model that will be able to cool up to 450 sq. ft. The quiet operation has been designed with an efficient compressor and fan. The multiple fan speeds will allow you to use it in different conditions. The electronic controls are user-friendly and it also has soft touch controls and a digital LED display. The filter is slide-out, easy-to-remove, front mounted, and easy-to-clean so you don’t have to worry about thorough maintenance.
It it has a 24-hour timer with on/off, and a sleep mode. The auto restart will ensure that the unit will restart after a power cut. Some of its characteristics are:
- Air Capacity – The 10,000 BTUs will ensure that your room will get quickly cooled down
- Low Operational Noise – It produces a noise level of 61 decibels. Therefore, you will barely notice that it’s there
- Fully Programmable – The programmable timer will allow you to set it to function according to your needs
Features Worthy To Mention
- The digital display is easy to read even by those that aren’t tech savvy
- The filters are washable which will prevent additional costs
- The exhaust control will circulate the inside air around your room and remove the stale air
- You will be able to save money as it has an energy-saver mode
User-friendly and Versatile
Due to the fact that it has up to 10,000 BTU’s, you will enjoy the fact that you can use it for different purposes in different rooms. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about investing in another product by investing in this model. Some of its modes are:
- Cool Mode – This is mostly used in the summer for spot cooling
- Fan Mode – This will provide a continuous circulation of fresh air so it removes the excess moisture from the air
- Dry Mode – In case you’re suffering from excess moisture, this setting is the right one for your needs
- Auto Mode – By selecting the best operating modes, you will achieve your desired temperature
This is another model that we recommend due to the fact that it has been designed in order to make you more comfortable in your own home. In addition to this, even though it hasn’t got numerous smart features, it doesn’t mean that it’s less functional than the rest of the models. In fact, you will enjoy the fact that it makes minimal operational noise. The fact that it has an air capacity of 10,000 BTUs, makes it one of the most powerful on the market.
The product has been designed with 2 fan speeds so you can cool a room that measures 150 sq. ft. It produces 53 noise decibels so you won’t be distracted by the operational noise. As well as, it has a dehumidification capacity of 1.8 pints per day so you won’t have to breathe in mold spores. The two air flow directions will ensure that the room will get cleaned properly and every corner will be reached. The auto-restart will restart the machine in case of a power shortage. The unit requires 115V and it weighs 58 pounds. Therefore, you have to be careful when you lift it. In addition to this, the auto swing louvers will ensure that there are no hot spots in the room. The power cord measures 6ft and the window installation kit is included at no extra price.
How to Install It Properly
In order to a proper job, you will need a number of tools such as Plexiglas, Styrofoam, or any other material that will keep the cold air in and the hot air out. In addition to this, you will also need a latch, bungee cord, or anything else that will keep the casing window open. As well as, self-adhesive will ensure that the unit is weatherproof.
Step 1: Measure and Check
Make sure that you are covering all details such as cutting and drilling before you get the Pixelglas. This is why, you should place the AC as close as possible to the installation site, so that the venting hose doesn’t need to be extended.
- You should measure the window to determine how large the insert is
- Check that the Plexiglas is the same measurement as the vent hose
- If not, cut a hole that’s the same size as your air conditioner’s vent hose
- Make sure that it’s the same size otherwise you cannot fit it correctly
Step 2: Install The Insert
- Open the crack window and hold it in place with a latch. This will help prevent possible damage to the open window
- Make sure that the window is reasonably secured and won’t get damaged if there is a breeze or light wind
- Secure the insert to the window frame. You can twist clamps to secure the insert if you feel like you need to do it.
Step 3: Weatherproof the Insert
You have to remember that the insert is the only thing that divides the home from the outdoors. This is why it’s very important that you seal it properly so it’s waterproof. You must caulk where the window frame and casting meets. If you’re using self-adhesive, you should:
- Attach it to the insert before you secure the insert to the window frame
- The weather stripping should fit tightly between the window frame and the insert so it forms an effective seal
- The weather stripping should have enough pressure on it so that it compresses
- Make sure that it’s about half of its normal thickness where the window frame and insert meet
To make sure the window is as waterproof as possible, you can fit the weatherproof stripping between the wall and insert and also run it over the area where they meet.